News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

13-05-24, 04:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,510
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 493
Total: 495

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katarn2000

ESELs will get rid of PI quicker than that thing. It doesn't look like it can do much of stock control except say when a product needs replenished? Fascinating stuff though.

Long gone

How will ESEL be implemented when merchandisers are constantly changing shelves and redoing new plans and having to raise or lower shelves or remove them completely because they are not needed, it sounds like something else to go wrong

Katarn2000

It's just a little LCD thing that clips into the shelf edge. Can be changed and moved easily.

Long gone

Ah I see, doesn't it have to be connected to anything with wires or is it all wireless?
I can already imagine so many wrong readouts on these things because they will be purchased on the cheap, if they anything like the pdas that never work that is

Lambchop

Anybody know if there going to get rid of night fills in superstores?

Katarn2000

It's wireless and has a barcode. Doesn't use much power because it's like a Kindle so once the display is updated it doesn't use any power so doesn't need to be plugged in. Like you said Tesco usually cheap out with this stuff so I'm sure there would be some horrendous flaw with it haha.

NightAndDay

The ESELs won't need to be moved if the displayed info is centrally
processed. Only downside is cost of replacing if heavy handed customers/colleagues/shoplifters damage it.

King1999

Let's hope they get rid of stock control can't wait.

bobbywm

Why would you wish people would lose their jobs.  This is peoples livelihoods   >:(
Keep on Rockin' in the free world

londoner83

Dont think Tesco is planning large scale redundancy  so even if depts roles do change you are likely to be moved to a different position instore

Long gone

the store I worked in last was notorious for power cuts and systems failing or shutting down constantly, literally every week there was an issue so I dread to think of all labels became electronic and systems not working

Blackcat3

@lambchop it was said earlier in post that no nights to days this time

beentheredoneit

Thanks for the post starworker. I know of many store managers who'd love one of these for Xmas.
Even less need to speak to their lowly staff ....
beentheredoneit

King1999

I do believe I was speaking for myself,i wouldn't wish anybody out of a job but personally working for this company which has no scruples about who it off loads,has worn beyond thin.Seeing the mental health of friends and colleagues being challenged everyday isn't pleasant.s*** hot clever number crunchers,bless em what equation do they use on a human level.......and yes I know they are paid to do a job.

lackofinterest

toscos is overseen by greedy, nasty, capitalistic scumbags as are the majority of large companies. unfortunately it will only get worse

rockley200

Thoughts on checkout main bank hours changing?..... 

NightAndDay

It's a situation of attrition, it's how much can Tesco cut from it's means of production (the bottom line) before customers shop elsewhere due to lack of service function or quality (due to lack of front line resources). At this point, Tesco is relying on the "buy in" from their management and leadership teams and its conservative demographic to continue to support them while providing a gradually worsening service. And just like with general elections where the heartland voters vote for the colour of the ribbon regardless of what's wearing it, conservative customers will still continue to shop regardless of how much they're getting ripped off.

Stubbo

Main bank opening times are going to be store specific.

tobybeecher

Imagine my shock and anger to walk into work tonight to have all the checkout staff look at me this pi full time and one for them ask if I'm alright? Oh I'm sorry to hear about your hours. Apparantly some manager in my store has been telling people pi are to lose 40 hours and it will prob result in me losing my full time position. I'm outraged my livelyhood is the subject of gossip

StinkyPoo

I found out tonight that pi is being restructured, all paper work going online from week 1. But my manager did not know!

lucgeo

Bloody unbelievable!! You'd think by now, after all the practice, tesco would be past masters in dealing with the restructuring and following process, regarding informing those affected first and foremost.

Don't jump the gun though...you will have rumours abound...if it is correct, you will almost certainly be informed by your SM "there will be no redundacy", depending on your circumstances, either take an alternative role offered, which will likely be less hours, or hold out for redundancy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

yelsel

Why do they do this time after time the conference call was over a week ago staff should be informed straight away . Pi always the same small dept they dont think its important, stinkypoo will paper work going on line really make a big difference we have lost a lot over the years not that much anymore has your manager found out exactly what's happening

yelsel

tobybeecher 40 hrs seems a lot what size store are you have you spoken to your manager it's a disgrace

yelsel

tobybeecher 40 hrs seems a lot what size store are you have you spoken to your manager it's a disgrace

StinkyPoo

Strebor, we hardly ever have enough work for everyone every shift. Only grocery promo keeps us going. They'll probably use online paperwork as an excuse to cut hours!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk