Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:23PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 318
Total: 322

Covid testing for Tesco workers , are we the forgotten workers

Started by Prisoner14, 06-04-21, 07:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prisoner14

Does anyone know why Tesco staff have not been offered weekly covid testing kits, as I see a lot of other businesses have done this to protect their staff ,
I've had NHS staff ask me if we have testing kits, one lady said at least we know what's coming into the hospital,(expected covid cases) people coming into Tesco say my son/daughter etc ... have tested positive so I need to come & do a big shop, we are on the frontline of covid keeping everyone fed & I sometime feel like the forgotten workers .

fscer

Its because they DONT want to protect us, they don't want us off work.

grim up north

Helpisontheway

Tesco have never ever valued their staff. They get rid when the pound notes dry up,some times legally some times not. The pandemic is an opportunity to make money. When things get back to normal there will be a cull,hours cut,staff not replaced when someone leaves. Forgotten workers no. Numbers to be jiggled about when need be.

Redshoes

As per email sent out yesterday.

Dear colleagues,

As the pandemic continues to evolve, the Government in England is now encouraging people to be regularly tested for COVID-19. Around 1 in 3 people have coronavirus without displaying any symptoms, therefore regular testing for people with no symptoms will help to find positive cases earlier and break chains of transmission. Many colleagues may already be being tested in the community, for example as a parent of school age children, or through a community testing facility.

The type of tests being used are called lateral flow device tests. They're free and you get a result 30 minutes after taking the test. Tests will be available for all people living or working in England from Friday 9 April. You can find a local testing centre or order tests to your home address by applying here. We are continuing to work closely with the Government and local authorities on how we can make tests easily available to colleagues, particularly in the instance of any local outbreaks of COVID-19.

Testing is voluntary and people can choose to participate if they wish.

For colleagues in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, we are working with the devolved Government of each nation to understand their plans for this type of testing.

As always, keeping a safe distance from others, maintaining good hygiene and wearing face coverings remain really important as we continue to try and protect ourselves and each other. Please remember that if at any time you have COVID-19 symptoms or feel generally unwell at all – you should stay at home, book a PCR test immediately and not attend work. If anyone in your household has symptoms, or if you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you also need to isolate. Please keep your manager informed. If you feel unwell at work, please speak to your manager immediately.

Stay safe and take care.

Chief People Officer

londoner83

Got to be seen to be doing something......when In reality they know most employees won't bother to get the tests. If they wanted us tested they would supply stores with the test kits and encourage us to be tested in our working hours.

BigBear

Sorry I'm trying to upgrade again so I can make a post but I can't find where to pay can someone  help please.

[admin]Hi BigBear. You have made a post(this one), if you wish to become a VLH Supporter and be able to start a new topic, and do other things, click on "Support VLH" on the home page.[/admin]

BigBear

I'm sorry how do I post my own topic

[gmod=gomezz]As posted above: Hi BigBear. You have made a post(this one), if you wish to become a VLH Supporter and be able to start a new topic, and do other things, click on "Support VLH" on the home page.[/gmod]

[gmod]Big Bear: Select any section, Stores, Transport, Distribution, Dot Com etc and near the top on right is a button 'NEW TOPIC'. Please check that an appropriate topic is not already in existence, this can be done using Search option.[/gmod]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk