Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

30-11-20, 02:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 49493
  • Total Topics: 999
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 70
Total: 74

Author Topic: Pay dates?  (Read 2035 times)

Unknown

• VLH Supporter
Pay dates?
« on: 14-11-20, 08:25AM »
Hello. Can anyone tell me please what the dates are from for when we get paid? Like from what date to what is the cut off date? Also is overtime in them same dates? Thanks

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Re: Pay dates?
« Reply #1 on: 14-11-20, 12:38PM »
Hello,

I'm going by what's shown on my new Work & Pay slip but will assume it's the same for non Work & Pay Colleagues:

Contracted hours are from 18th October to 14th November
Absences from 18th October to 14th November which have been authorised on or before 10th November
And any overtime, temporary adjustments or unplanned absences from the 11th October to 7th November.

ReliefCashier

« Reply #2 on: 14-11-20, 10:40PM »
My understanding now is that we got paid yesterday and cut off was the Saturday before the Friday pay date? (Prev it was the Thursday before payday) then any contracted shifts we have in between Saturday cut off date and today was paid yesterday, and any over time that was done will be in next months pay? So if today is my contracted shift and today’s shift has been included in yesterday’s pay, say if I was off sick today, I will have been paid for the shift (yesterday) but next months pay it will be adjusted and the pay changed to sick pay or whatever method is to be used? Very confusing saying the pay period includes not only days after the cut off date but the day after pay day! 😂 Classic Tesco! I have raised questions with managers today and no one understands this new system and I’m told it will work itself out and in the mean time I’m supposed to be happy with being underpaid 🙃

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 14-11-20, 11:06PM »
With Work & Pay you are paid until the first Saturday after pay day i.e. today.

If you happened to phone in sick they'd code it on the system and you'd seen an adjustment in next month's pay (December 11th).

The Tesco week runs Sunday to Saturday which is why they've gone along with the same on Work & Pay I'd imagine.

Yes, it's a new system, and it's going to take some time getting used to it after HRAM2 but so long as the right people ( :D) do what they are meant to e.g. request overtime, allocate overtime, put absences in the tablet etc then it won't result in us mere mortals being expected to being happy with underpayments  ???

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 15-11-20, 07:19AM »
My understanding now is that we got paid yesterday and cut off was the Saturday before the Friday pay date? (Prev it was the Thursday before payday) then any contracted shifts we have in between Saturday cut off date and today was paid yesterday, and any over time that was done will be in next months pay? So if today is my contracted shift and today’s shift has been included in yesterday’s pay, say if I was off sick today, I will have been paid for the shift (yesterday) but next months pay it will be adjusted and the pay changed to sick pay or whatever method is to be used? Very confusing saying the pay period includes not only days after the cut off date but the day after pay day! 😂 Classic Tesco! I have raised questions with managers today and no one understands this new system and I’m told it will work itself out and in the mean time I’m supposed to be happy with being underpaid 🙃

Colleagues have always been paid basic pay up to and including the day/Saturday after pay day.

ratty1702

« Reply #5 on: 17-11-20, 08:42AM »
Hey, sorry... I know this isn't the right place to post this... but how do I actually create a new forum post?

Literally just signed up and can't see how to make a post...  :)

gomezz You need to be a VLH supporter to make new posts: https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=6651.0
« Last Edit: 17-11-20, 09:18AM by gomezz »

Mumtotwo88

« Reply #6 on: 17-11-20, 01:34PM »
Is the standard wage £9.30? I’ve just started an in our induction was told £9.30 but have been paid £8.72 an hour. Can anyone clarify? Thanks

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 17-11-20, 03:28PM »
Mumtotwo88

New starters get £8.72 per hour which increases to £9.30 after 3 months.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 17-11-20, 03:42PM »

Do those in Main store get location pay ? 

NightAndDay

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 17-11-20, 03:51PM »
Doesn't matter what type of store, just location, as long as it's not a subsidiary company (So not a Jacks, One Stop or Booker chain) they'll either get the home counties rate or the inner M25 rate.

flowerpower

« Reply #10 on: 18-11-20, 01:49PM »
A new festive has started are still getting discount card .

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 18-11-20, 03:26PM »
flowerpower

All colleagues whether permanent or temporary qualify for a staff discount card after 3 months service. Why should a temporary colleague be treated differently?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk