Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

27-10-20, 03:24PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6982
  • Latest: Jaked91
Stats
  • Total Posts: 49053
  • Total Topics: 991
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Payload  (Read 1219 times)

Skivvy

• VLH Supporter
Payload
« on: 15-10-20, 05:45PM »
Hey all,
I have a query regarding the payload of the vans. It states 860kg fair enough. My question is.. does that include the driver, fuel, various fluids or is that just the extra weight you can load on?
I have just finished a driving course for pcv licence. Now the payload for buses has to take into account the driver and also the passengers and it got me thinking about the payload on these vans.
IF it's just the extra weight you can add fair enough but how many have been driving over the limit? Last shift I had 810kgs on an afternoon run. 48 ambient, 21 chilled and about 13 frozen. bearing in mind the weight of the shopping as shown on the manifest doesn't take into account the weight of the trays which are about a kilo each I reckon I would of been well over the payload limit.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: Payload
« Reply #1 on: 15-10-20, 07:19PM »
It is important that the GVR is not exceeded, as it is your license.  Any commercial driver is entitled to take their vehicle to a local weighbridge if they have reasonable doubt regarding the GVW.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

jpc34

Re: increasing tray weights
« Reply #2 on: 16-10-20, 02:21PM »
I understand that dot com tray weights are now running at 14kg. BUT....HSE recommend that max weight lifted over or from shoulder height should not exceed 5kg ( male).
Does any of you have a comment on this ?....Off topic I know...sorry.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 16-10-20, 04:18PM »
Simple answer is to not lift trays over shoulder height.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 16-10-20, 05:26PM »
@jpc34 Wrist rule...

We have serious issues in distribution with overweight trailers. But they are weighed before they go out on the road. However it makes you wonder why 0,000s of kg have to be left off so the trailer doesnt go overweight. Why assign all that weight to the trailer in the first place...?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk