Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

04-03-21, 02:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Covid isolation  (Read 17421 times)

Star-Lord2012

Re: Covid isolation
« Reply #50 on: 04-01-21, 11:55PM »
How did you go about it? I work in the phoneshop and been told they have to advertise for my position before I can leave and then I may not be able to come back into the same job and the same amount of hours

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #51 on: 05-01-21, 03:44AM »
Because you're taking it a lifestyle break but really it's under "carers leave" circumstances.  I really had no issues first time round but not so easy this time to get time off as a carer

Cairney39

• Regular Pain
« Reply #52 on: 05-01-21, 08:41PM »
Star lord 2012 it’s not because you are taking a lifestyle break. The full policy is on colleague help for all colleagues to read. The majority of colleagues who are approved a LB go back to their own job, own store, same hours, same dept. The rules are slightly different for “hard to recruit for on a temporary basis” roles and skilled jobs. I believe your role may fall into that category. I suggest you read the policy and ask your Line Manager the reasons for the delay.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #53 on: 05-01-21, 11:17PM »
How did you go about it? I work in the phoneshop and been told they have to advertise for my position before I can leave and then I may not be able to come back into the same job and the same amount of hours

Sorry they seem to have totally changed rules for carers this time . I had my lifestyle break booked but then brought it forward and genuinely had no issues . Reading the guidelines today  your not really entitled to take any unpaid other than lifestyle break unless you are the sole carer so they're obviously not allowing any compromise on things like 4 week notice .  As I've already taken a lifestyle break within the past year it means I won't be able to again . This means I can't attend hospital appointments with my husband which is my main issue as he really doesn't take in  the information from the consultants etc

hornimans135

« Reply #54 on: 23-01-21, 04:15PM »
Alerted by NHS app to isolate and told if aI did I would lose holiday.
Is this right?

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #55 on: 23-01-21, 06:05PM »
No

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #56 on: 23-01-21, 09:05PM »
If the app tells you to isolate then legally you must and that absence will be paid either as full company sick pay or if you have run out as top up pay. If you have yet to start your holiday it should be re-booked for a later date.

Villager No.6

« Reply #57 on: 24-01-21, 01:04PM »
I had a week’s holiday booked for this last week, Monday 18th - Sunday 24th. On Monday 11th my partner woke up and noticed she couldn’t smell anything, she had a test later that morning which came back positive so I called duty to say I would be isolating for 10 days. (Until Wednesday 20th, three days into my holiday)
 On Monday 18th, first day of my holiday, I too noticed I couldn’t taste or smell so had a test and was positive meaning I had to again isolate for 10 days making my first day back at work Wednesday 27th.
Speaking to my manager about arranging to send my isolation notes in I mentioned that I’d “lost” my holiday as I’d been isolating and would I get the 5 days back, I was told “No. Because my illness started on my first day off it was just unfortunate but that if I’d become ill a day or two before then I would’ve got them back”
Is this correct?

Biscuit tin

« Reply #58 on: 24-01-21, 03:44PM »
If you're ill when you're on holiday its tough luck. Never thought it was particularly fair when people off sick just before a holiday got to keep it either.
I remember a fellow staff member supposedy being off with flu for 4 weeks, coincidentally when he was building an extension, I think the last week he was off would have been a holiday, he came back for a few days, then had the holiday he'd lost. So we had to struggle again.

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #59 on: 24-01-21, 09:18PM »
Your manager is talking c**p, your holiday should have been cancelled as you were off on isolation from the 11th. So you were coded sick/isolation from the 11th. When you originally phoned in for isolation on the 11th they would have coded you absent for 10 days and the holiday should have been cancelled then.
« Last Edit: 25-01-21, 05:19PM by Nomad »

Villager No.6

« Reply #60 on: 25-01-21, 05:05PM »
dotnochance, thanks for that, that’s how I thought it worked. Will ask again when I’m next in.

Jedi4.20

« Reply #61 on: 27-01-21, 05:30AM »
So I was told to isolate by the nhs track and trace on a Friday for 7 days my next shift was Sunday Night and then I was due to be on holiday from Monday for 3 nights 

I have now just been informed that I will not be getting my holiday back as I was not sick I was only isolating but I had other work plans outside of Tesco for the holiday period.

Surly they can’t take your holiday off you that you have earned for the year after following the governments laws by isolating.

Any help on this matter would be great

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #62 on: 27-01-21, 09:59AM »
They can’t, ask for that rule to be shown to you in writing

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #63 on: 27-01-21, 10:15AM »
Ok they changed holiday policy and I can’t edit my old posts here is Tesco’s policy on holidays with covid

For colleagues in self-isolation, our normal sickness holiday policy applies:

•What if a colleague who is self-isolating and is due to take holiday, or is on holiday, then
 develops symptoms of COVID-19?

If a colleague is on holiday and they notify the store/centre/location that they have symptoms
of COVID-19 or the need to self-isolate with others in their household, their holiday still stands and is coded. If on the date they are due to return from their holiday they need to go into self-isolation, they would need to notify the store on the day before.

If a colleague is in self-isolation and is due to take holiday when they become unwell with covid-19 symptoms, the holiday can be rescheduled at a different time and should not be coded as holiday.  This does not apply for bank holidays that fall during a colleague’s self-isolation. Nor does it apply to colleagues who are required to shield – in this instance the holiday would continue to be taken.
« Last Edit: 27-01-21, 11:57AM by Nomad »

Himynameus

« Reply #64 on: 27-01-21, 11:53AM »
So I was told to isolate by the nhs track and trace on a Friday for 7 days my next shift was Sunday Night and then I was due to be on holiday from Monday for 3 nights 

I have now just been informed that I will not be getting my holiday back as I was not sick I was only isolating but I had other work plans outside of Tesco for the holiday period.

Surly they can’t take your holiday off you that you have earned for the year after following the governments laws by isolating.

Any help on this matter would be great
At our store too we have all been told the same as from 1st January if your on holiday or booked your holiday then the holiday stands and you still have to use you holiday. Seems store are now doing there own thing
« Last Edit: 27-01-21, 11:59AM by Nomad »

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #65 on: 27-01-21, 02:47PM »
Seems like they're confusing isolation with shielding.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #66 on: 27-01-21, 04:54PM »
So do a lot of dot com customers.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

overworkedexpresslad

« Reply #67 on: 27-01-21, 05:04PM »
So the NHS Track And Trace . we have been told to turn this off while we are in work.. even the Area pm asked a member of staff if phone was paused...surely if you work on the shop floor you shoulnt have to turn or pause the app. what are peoples thoughts...

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #68 on: 27-01-21, 05:54PM »
Tell them to p**s off, better yet ask for it in writing and say you’ll send off to head office and council for clarification, with managers signature, think it was a coincidence that they announced 30k staff where off and now different stores are trying to do anything they can to stop that
« Last Edit: 27-01-21, 06:02PM by dotnochance »

Theansweris42

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #69 on: 27-01-21, 06:18PM »
At the store I'm in, numerous people of all shifts and departments either are off or have been.
We have signs stating turn off the app if your working behind a screen.
However mine stays on, all the time.
And will continue so.
Regardless of whatever BS I'm told.
« Last Edit: 27-01-21, 06:19PM by Theansweris42 »

Metal Mario

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #70 on: 28-01-21, 09:49AM »
Our household has gone into isolation because one of my kids has a fever, if his test comes back negative do I return to work or complete the isolation period?
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Jasperjakes

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #71 on: 28-01-21, 09:55AM »
return to work

oldfashionedplayer

• Regular Pain
« Reply #72 on: 28-01-21, 05:59PM »
Our household has gone into isolation because one of my kids has a fever, if his test comes back negative do I return to work or complete the isolation period?

you return to work unless you yourself get symptoms, ideally go for a test anyhow and then your covered aswell, if you come back negative you can continue to work, if they come back positive you isolate as you've been in contact with them recently and could still acquire it / pass it on.

The_Fonz

« Reply #73 on: 05-02-21, 09:08AM »
Members of the night team are being told to come back into work at 12 midnight on the day their isolation finishes. Is this common?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #74 on: 05-02-21, 10:24AM »
I'm beyond words at this . It's bad enough isolating is down to 8 days