Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

27-10-20, 02:39PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6982
  • Latest: Jaked91
Stats
  • Total Posts: 49051
  • Total Topics: 991
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Covid isolation  (Read 6509 times)

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Covid isolation
« on: 13-09-20, 10:45PM »
Hi everyone. My daughter is not at school because they said she has to get a covid-19 test due to her having a high temperature. Should I be in work or not? If not,will I be paid?

Duff McKagan

Re: Covid isolation
« Reply #1 on: 13-09-20, 11:53PM »
If it were me I’d get everyone in the household tested and stay off work until you are sure you’re clear....as far as I’m aware you only get paid if you test positive but I could be wrong.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #2 on: 14-09-20, 03:50AM »
if they've got a temp or symptoms then possibly. So use this as the guide, from the 10th September Stores large format thing of retail news...

if you say your child's been sent home cause someone else has then the FAQ is "if you need time off you need to use holidays or make the time up" - So use the fact that it's possibly covid and need to isolate until test is back.

"
Remember if at any time you have COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home and book a test
immediately. Also, if anyone in your household has symptoms or if you are contacted by NHS Test and
Trace you also need to isolate. "

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3 on: 14-09-20, 03:18PM »
What if you know it's NOT Covid and just an effect of an ongoing condition that they have for life? I made the mistake of going into work, got sent home though.  I only got my daughter a test because her school demanded it even though they know her condition.  What, if any disciplinary will I get?  I'd never put anyone at risk.  I know it's her condition.
« Last Edit: 24-09-20, 09:22PM by Nomad »

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 24-09-20, 09:03PM »
Hi. Struggling to find an answer to this question. If I download the nhs track and trace app and am told to self isolate, what would I get paid? Would it just be ssp or would you get full pay. Is there anything in writing confirming this? Thanks.

Fixxer

« Reply #5 on: 25-09-20, 04:33PM »
Hi. Struggling to find an answer to this question. If I download the nhs track and trace app and am told to self isolate, what would I get paid? Would it just be ssp or would you get full pay. Is there anything in writing confirming this? Thanks.
It's just SSP at the moment. Which means if you are exempt from SSP (11.5hrs a week or less CONTRACTED - not including average overtime) then you get nothing.

dotnochance

« Reply #6 on: 25-09-20, 05:33PM »
You get full pay

dotnochance

« Reply #7 on: 25-09-20, 05:53PM »
“Our approach for COVID-19 symptoms or isolation (including isolation following a Test and Trace notification or isolation prior to a pre-planned operation) remains unchanged. This is coded as sickness, and where a colleague has run out of Company Sick Pay this is topped up for a maximum of 14 days. Where a colleague is hospitalised and has exhausted Company Sick Pay, the top up will be applied for the duration of their hospital stay and up to 12 weeks recovery at home.”

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 26-09-20, 08:05AM »
Hi & thanks for the info. May I ask where this was copied from?

dotnochance

« Reply #9 on: 26-09-20, 01:38PM »
COVID-19 Amended People Policy

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 26-09-20, 04:49PM »
 :thumbup:

danielj

« Reply #11 on: 28-09-20, 11:32AM »
My son had a test booked for a Sunday morning, I rang duty on the Saturday evening to inform that I wouldn't be attending work. In total I missed two shifts and returned on the Wednesday after he tested negative.

My manager informed me that I wouldn't get paid as it wasn't me who was having the test, I was expected into work even though we were awaiting results. Absolutely crazy, I had to use 2 holidays to cover the loss as they didn't tell me at the time.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 28-09-20, 11:45PM »
My union rep asked our store manager and he's said I WILL get paid from day one.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #13 on: 29-09-20, 06:05AM »
My son had a test booked for a Sunday morning, I rang duty on the Saturday evening to inform that I wouldn't be attending work. In total I missed two shifts and returned on the Wednesday after he tested negative.

My manager informed me that I wouldn't get paid as it wasn't me who was having the test, I was expected into work even though we were awaiting results. Absolutely crazy, I had to use 2 holidays to cover the loss as they didn't tell me at the time.

I'd challenge it, put in a complaint for it, since you are are actually following law now  :D

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 29-09-20, 09:36PM »

why was the test booked did your son show symptoms ? or was he contacted by NHS ?

Besides which I cant find any Tesco policy that says that You should get paid if someone else has Symptoms , If i am correct then its only if you have them , or the person that you live with or have been in contact with has had a positive result do you get paid ,
  as to Law I  cant  find any law that says a Company has to pay you basic salary to stay home , law from my understanding only says you are to get SSP  as from the first day you stay at home ,

danielj

« Reply #15 on: 02-10-20, 10:25AM »
Yes he was showing symptoms and my oldest was off school for 14 days after someone in his year group tested positive. The pay is irrelevant, I'm more surprised they are pushing people to come to work even though someone in the house is waiting for a test result to come through.
« Last Edit: 02-10-20, 11:02AM by Nomad »

Mable Thorpe

« Reply #16 on: 03-10-20, 10:34AM »
Part of an email sent to customers

Supporting our colleagues   
As we have throughout the pandemic, we continue to support our colleagues with paid absence if they are affected by COVID-19 or need to self-isolate

Jason Tarry

Tesco UK & Ireland CEO

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #17 on: 04-10-20, 05:20AM »
Was browsing through the stuff and came across this, maybe this will help you...  (all direct quote, sorry was in a rush with pasting it)

3.24 My child has been sent home from school/childcare/nursery as someone in the class/group has
symptoms, do I need to isolate as well?
If your child has no symptoms you would not normally need to isolate, if you need time off to look after
your child, this will be taken as holiday or unpaid leave. You may agree a lifestyle break if you want a
longer period off work.
If, however your child develops symptoms later (or it was your child who had the symptoms originally)
and they live in the same household as you, isolation will be required in line with the household
isolation guidance.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Q&A, Version 12.4, Page 20 of 36 – 28

th September 2020,

We are aware that some local authorities are requiring household members to isolate when a child is

sent home from school. Only if this is the case in your area, and the colleague’s lives in the same house

as the child who has been sent home, would we treat the colleague as isolating and pay them Company

Sick Pay. This would be topped up where they have run out of entitlement.
« Last Edit: 04-10-20, 05:22AM by oldfashionedplayer »

sammy

« Reply #18 on: 04-10-20, 08:40PM »
Hi a member off staff has tested positive. The people that the person had been in contact with have been told to get a test and if it comes back negative you can come straight back to work is this correct

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 04-10-20, 10:18PM »
Track and trace say not, if you've been around someone enough for track and trace to be in contact with you, you must isolate for 10 to 14 days regardless of result in case you develop symptoms

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #20 on: 05-10-20, 11:23AM »
Hi a member off staff has tested positive. The people that the person had been in contact with have been told to get a test and if it comes back negative you can come straight back to work is this correct

told by who?

If track and trace contact you, you isolate.  If Tesco have asked you to get a test then you should still be at work.

Unless Tesco version of track and trace confirm you've been a close contact.
« Last Edit: 05-10-20, 02:50PM by Nomad »

Pathfinder

• Regular Pain
  • Believe
« Reply #21 on: 21-10-20, 11:43PM »
Hi just to share my experience with covid isolating, having received an alert on the NHS covid app to isolate as been in close contact with  someone who has been tested positive for covid. After informing the store that I would not be in for the next 9 days due to app telling me to stay home ..oh you don't have to do that was responce from pm they are just advisory .I polity told them I trust the app more than their advise. Following morning I was told sm had been tested positive the day before. Due to being in close contact I put two and two together and realised I myself had symtoms big covid . After being tested I  received a positive result for covid and at present isolating . I am shocked angry and annoyed that staff were not told about sm having covid and if it wasn't for the covid app telling me to isolate I could of been in work for a few days spreading this deadly virus around.
Make sure you download the app but also have it turned on ...can't believe how many staff turned it off. Stay safe .

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 22-10-20, 09:32AM »
What use is the app at all to those of us who do not have a phone it runs on?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

dairyfresh

« Reply #23 on: 22-10-20, 10:34AM »
The apps useless keeps giving false alerts uninstalled it after a couple of weeks after repeatedly getting possible alerts when hadn't even left the house

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #24 on: 22-10-20, 11:41AM »
App is useless, does not work on mine or my spouses and one of us in the highly vulnerable category.

Wonder how much the government spent on this rubbish.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk