Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-01-21, 12:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 50446
  • Total Topics: 1016
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Covid isolation  (Read 12949 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Covid isolation
« Reply #25 on: 22-10-20, 01:53PM »
Doesn't work on mine either...though it said on TV this morning, that if your 'phone is more than 7 years old, then it doesn't have the capabilities to download the app...anyone want to buy a 10 year old cheap mobile ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #26 on: 22-10-20, 03:56PM »
The older generation are more likely to be the most vulnerable and to be those with an older smart phone, another master piece of P-Poor-Performance.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Kendodd

« Reply #27 on: 29-10-20, 05:56PM »
Hello I wonder if someone can help.. why does a positive test on days allow a whole dept to go off into isolation, but several members of staff on grocery night team test positive and not one member of staff gets informed yet night after night its constantly doing team fills down various aisles without us being told to wear masks?? Does anyone know whether it’s Tesco policy not to say anything and just lie about why these people are off? Why are they toying with ours and our families lives??

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #28 on: 29-10-20, 06:39PM »
Since the launch of the app , if one person in store tests  positive, it seems that everyone who has the app gets a message to self isolate but I haven't heard of anyone being told by Tesco to isolate if a colleague has a positive test and doesn't have the app .

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 29-10-20, 07:14PM »
Because night-shift don’t have the same rights as day-shift, I mean it felt like that when I did nights, to be fair it still feels that way
« Last Edit: 29-10-20, 09:51PM by Nomad »

Triplecheeseburger

« Reply #30 on: 29-10-20, 07:37PM »
I know of at least 8 people who have tested positive in my store yet not one member of staff with the app has been alerted to that fact. It seems pointless having it. Management also failed to inform any colleagues about these positive results and its only now that staff are coming back from isolation and informing us themselves do we actually know that they had Covid in the first place. Surely they should be telling us? It's an absolute disgrace, staff obviously have so little meaning to the company. I just hope no-one dies because of their lack of regard for our safety!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 29-10-20, 08:15PM »
Forward that information to Andy Burnham...he's got it in for Tesco at the moment  ;)

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #32 on: 30-10-20, 12:35PM »
@triplecheeseburger , did the people that tested positive have the app and did they input their test results ?
I do agree that staff need to know if they're at risk but unfortunately a manager can not tell you the reason a colleague is off sick .

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #33 on: 30-10-20, 12:40PM »
A manager can tell staff that covid has occurred within the store staff and they should have a test, no names need to be mentioned.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Kendodd

« Reply #34 on: 30-10-20, 02:23PM »
What about actually not telling the night staff there has been a positive test within the group they work with??

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 30-10-20, 02:55PM »
Triplecheeseburger

Seems very nice of of those that got the Virus to tell you that they had it after they came back to work  :-X

Also the app only works if the person that got the Virus has the app and then put's in the code they get from the test center in to the phone they have with the app , also I think the App will only pick up those that came into contact with the Infected person and inform them ,

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 30-10-20, 07:52PM »
What about actually not telling the night staff there has been a positive test within the group they work with??

Surely if you work with a group of people they would txt you or Facebook message you , if not , they're as bad as the management  8-)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #37 on: 31-10-20, 10:36AM »
I f I had Covid I would not care who knew, why would anybody want to keep it secret ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

dotnochance

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 31-10-20, 03:29PM »
I don’t  have Facebook, and I don’t speak with anyone outside of work that I work with, so if I got sick (hypothetically) how would I inform my work colleagues! I mean I have told managers I would expect them to pass it on. So no their not as bad as managers

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #39 on: 31-10-20, 03:50PM »
And they're told if they've been exposed to you (they're not told specifically who has it, in theory though) or someone else who tested positive, hence track and trace.

Its not management's place to essentially spread peoples health issues, and I find it baffling that people on this site of all places are essentially advocating they do.

Could they spread news of positive cases anonymously, potentially sure. But in that scenario it serves no purpose other than gossip.
« Last Edit: 31-10-20, 03:56PM by alf »

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #40 on: 31-10-20, 10:21PM »
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/coronavirus-outbreak-at-bristol-tesco-4656019
Three staff at Tesco Golden Hill, near Horfield, have tested positive for coronavirus.

The supermarket chain declined to say how many staff are self-isolating at the Lime Trees Road branch where the three workers are employed.

The store remains open.

Public Health England defines an outbreak as one or more confirmed case with symptoms dating within 14 days of each other.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Tossgo

« Reply #41 on: 31-10-20, 11:08PM »
So as of thursday 5th November all “vunerable/60+” group can remain at work but be “extra careful”.
Those who are in the “extremely vulnerable category” have to work from home. Those who can not work from home must stay off work untill 2nd December.

Clarity on these statements are backed up with what Boris said in his latest briefing

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #42 on: 01-11-20, 12:00AM »
I don’t  have Facebook, and I don’t speak with anyone outside of work that I work with, so if I got sick (hypothetically) how would I inform my work colleagues! I mean I have told managers I would expect them to pass it on. So no their not as bad as managers

Then I imagine it would be up to you to contact NHS track and trace and give them the names and work address of any colleagues you have been within 2metres of , without a mask for 15mins or more . It would then be their responsibility to contact colleagues.  Tesco connotes disclose the reason people are off work or it would open then up the breach of confidentiality complaints.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 01-11-20, 12:44AM »
I and others walked away thinking he said no shielding , but then the notes say otherwise like Tossgo just said  ,,,,  notes said SSP rate if you are able to   ,, And in the case   if Tesco decide to then a higher pay like they did before , which some how i don't think will  wont do again ,

Administrator Comment Have you spilt alcohol on your keyboard :question: ???
« Last Edit: 01-11-20, 07:02AM by Nomad »

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 01-11-20, 05:50AM »
Be interesting to see what the company stance is on those with nothing medically preventing them from working but who last time took lifestyle breaks as they didn't want to risk the health of family members.

As I presume they can't opt for a second lifestyle break in the same year, would Tesco allow them run up to Christmas off or tell them to fulfill their contracts?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 01-11-20, 07:51AM »
I would hope and imagine they would still be allowed the time off unpaid, based on the fact they were prepared to lose that income last time.
There are plenty of people who are on their recruiting books...the temps from March, plus those who didn't get taken on at that time...they will have no shortage of replacements leading up to Christmas.
I seriously hope they don't give the final decision of yay or nay to the SM's...some of them are already playing god with people's health... :-X

Star-Lord2012

« Reply #46 on: 04-01-21, 07:13PM »
Sorry to jump in on this post but can't find how I create a new topic.

I've asked if I can take unpaid leave due to having a brother with special needs and not wanting to be around for the next few weeks whilst the Covid 19 cases are rising and rising and have been told I'd have to take a career break and give 4 weeks notice.  Is a lifestyle break not available any more as I don't want to give up my job and just want 4-6 weeks off until its put under control.

Moderator Comment Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

Administrator Comment Career break topic.
« Last Edit: 04-01-21, 08:57PM by Nomad »

• Know All
« Reply #47 on: 04-01-21, 07:51PM »
Career Break no longer exists. Lifestyle break is available for up to a year.

Star-Lord2012

« Reply #48 on: 04-01-21, 08:58PM »
So can I take a 4-8 weeks lifestyle break and walk straight back into the same job/role?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #49 on: 04-01-21, 09:11PM »
Yes and you shouldn't have to give 4 weeks notice in current circumstances.  I took 6 months in March

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk