Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

30-09-20, 04:30AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48443
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60

Author Topic: Covid isolation  (Read 3476 times)

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Covid isolation
« on: 13-09-20, 10:45PM »
Hi everyone. My daughter is not at school because they said she has to get a covid-19 test due to her having a high temperature. Should I be in work or not? If not,will I be paid?

Duff McKagan

Re: Covid isolation
« Reply #1 on: 13-09-20, 11:53PM »
If it were me I’d get everyone in the household tested and stay off work until you are sure you’re clear....as far as I’m aware you only get paid if you test positive but I could be wrong.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #2 on: 14-09-20, 03:50AM »
if they've got a temp or symptoms then possibly. So use this as the guide, from the 10th September Stores large format thing of retail news...

if you say your child's been sent home cause someone else has then the FAQ is "if you need time off you need to use holidays or make the time up" - So use the fact that it's possibly covid and need to isolate until test is back.

"
Remember if at any time you have COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home and book a test
immediately. Also, if anyone in your household has symptoms or if you are contacted by NHS Test and
Trace you also need to isolate. "

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3 on: 14-09-20, 03:18PM »
What if you know it's NOT Covid and just an effect of an ongoing condition that they have for life? I made the mistake of going into work, got sent home though.  I only got my daughter a test because her school demanded it even though they know her condition.  What, if any disciplinary will I get?  I'd never put anyone at risk.  I know it's her condition.
« Last Edit: 24-09-20, 09:22PM by Nomad »

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 24-09-20, 09:03PM »
Hi. Struggling to find an answer to this question. If I download the nhs track and trace app and am told to self isolate, what would I get paid? Would it just be ssp or would you get full pay. Is there anything in writing confirming this? Thanks.

Fixxer

« Reply #5 on: 25-09-20, 04:33PM »
Hi. Struggling to find an answer to this question. If I download the nhs track and trace app and am told to self isolate, what would I get paid? Would it just be ssp or would you get full pay. Is there anything in writing confirming this? Thanks.
It's just SSP at the moment. Which means if you are exempt from SSP (11.5hrs a week or less CONTRACTED - not including average overtime) then you get nothing.

dotnochance

« Reply #6 on: 25-09-20, 05:33PM »
You get full pay

dotnochance

« Reply #7 on: 25-09-20, 05:53PM »
“Our approach for COVID-19 symptoms or isolation (including isolation following a Test and Trace notification or isolation prior to a pre-planned operation) remains unchanged. This is coded as sickness, and where a colleague has run out of Company Sick Pay this is topped up for a maximum of 14 days. Where a colleague is hospitalised and has exhausted Company Sick Pay, the top up will be applied for the duration of their hospital stay and up to 12 weeks recovery at home.”

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 26-09-20, 08:05AM »
Hi & thanks for the info. May I ask where this was copied from?

dotnochance

« Reply #9 on: 26-09-20, 01:38PM »
COVID-19 Amended People Policy

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 26-09-20, 04:49PM »
 :thumbup:

danielj

« Reply #11 on: 28-09-20, 11:32AM »
My son had a test booked for a Sunday morning, I rang duty on the Saturday evening to inform that I wouldn't be attending work. In total I missed two shifts and returned on the Wednesday after he tested negative.

My manager informed me that I wouldn't get paid as it wasn't me who was having the test, I was expected into work even though we were awaiting results. Absolutely crazy, I had to use 2 holidays to cover the loss as they didn't tell me at the time.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 28-09-20, 11:45PM »
My union rep asked our store manager and he's said I WILL get paid from day one.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #13 on: 29-09-20, 06:05AM »
My son had a test booked for a Sunday morning, I rang duty on the Saturday evening to inform that I wouldn't be attending work. In total I missed two shifts and returned on the Wednesday after he tested negative.

My manager informed me that I wouldn't get paid as it wasn't me who was having the test, I was expected into work even though we were awaiting results. Absolutely crazy, I had to use 2 holidays to cover the loss as they didn't tell me at the time.

I'd challenge it, put in a complaint for it, since you are are actually following law now  :D

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 29-09-20, 09:36PM »

why was the test booked did your son show symptoms ? or was he contacted by NHS ?

Besides which I cant find any Tesco policy that says that You should get paid if someone else has Symptoms , If i am correct then its only if you have them , or the person that you live with or have been in contact with has had a positive result do you get paid ,
  as to Law I  cant  find any law that says a Company has to pay you basic salary to stay home , law from my understanding only says you are to get SSP  as from the first day you stay at home ,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk