Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-08-20, 12:35PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47781
  • Total Topics: 956
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 77
Total: 83

Author Topic: Wage clerk role  (Read 7620 times)

Sunlover

• VLH Supporter
Wage clerk role
« on: 16-07-20, 01:48PM »
Hi does anyone have any information concerning the move from using HRAM and payroll reports to the new work and pay system? Will it mean the wage clerk position is no longer needed as the manager performs the tasks I understand
Will the role be made redundant ? What has happened in the trial stores ?

candysue

Re: Wage clerk role
« Reply #1 on: 19-07-20, 09:21AM »
I have asked this in store and on yammer but it seems like no has any answers

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 19-07-20, 10:05AM »
Nobody will know until or if it happens. All I will say is to be aware of changes. Have tasks become easier and take les time but no other new tasks added. Do you finish earlier and now have spare time on your hands. Has information that used to come to you been diverted and is now going to someone else.

King1999

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 19-07-20, 10:22AM »
Don't worry they will just put you on other departments,the string is at breaking point.......anyone goes off sick in our store impacts every department now.Utopia..isn't the real world.

Bonny Heather

« Reply #4 on: 19-07-20, 02:32PM »
All Manager in every store move to Work & Pay in October, staff too but not in every store

sassycat

« Reply #5 on: 20-07-20, 04:14PM »
What is work and pay?

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 20-07-20, 04:37PM »
I don’t care what they call it as long as they don’t mess my wages up .

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #7 on: 20-07-20, 05:23PM »
From what little I’ve seen of Work & Pay (it’s all online on Colleague Help if you want to know more) the pay slips look much easier to work out (but I am a member of Densa 😆) and time off is in hours rather than days now. So if you worked a nine hour shift, as an example, you could request four hours as time off and work five etc.

CLEARERskies

« Reply #8 on: 20-07-20, 11:26PM »
There’s information on work and pay on the colleague help page, a lot of it!
For colleagues you can basically update personal info on it i.e. bank/address details, look at pay slips etc.
For wages apparently managers will be answering “exceptions” themselves if all goes to plan (does it ever in Tesco?) so not sure how a wages clerk fits in all of the new system, however I wouldn’t be expecting redundancies. Hours cut with protected pay and giving admins more responsibility is the way it will likely go. Personally, I’ll be glad to see my wages clerk go, in the job too long and thinks they know it all :thumbdown:

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #9 on: 20-07-20, 11:38PM »
It's actually amazing Tesco that hasn't been fined into liquidation for not having a fit for purpose payroll system in the first place, many ERP packages have existed for decades that have perfected payroll. There are probably 10's of thousands if not more payroll disputes in the history of the company.

Wage clerks shouldn't be doing arithmetic of any kind, they should just be accepting what the computer tells them and any documented exceptions, too many of these wage clerks are too big for their boots, thinking that depriving the employee if what they're owed is doing the company a favour.

rosie79

« Reply #10 on: 22-07-20, 04:15PM »
Hi I am a wages clerk and find some of these posts really nasty I will bend over backwards to help resolve any pay queries and help resolve any issues colleagues have i take a pride in my job role and have a lot of respect from fellow colleagues to say we are too big for our boots and you are quite happy with us losing our jobs is really not nice do you think we are not stressed enough I do not think you should be able to post these comments would you be ok with losing your job

dotnochance

« Reply #11 on: 22-07-20, 07:19PM »
You’re totally right, it’s the same for dotcom! It’s pretty disgusting the way fellow colleagues treat others on these forums

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #12 on: 22-07-20, 09:13PM »
"too many of these wage clerks are too big for their boots"

Not all  ???

People will speak as they find, as long as they do not generalise they are entitled to voice their opinion, which is created by their own experiences.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

candysue

« Reply #13 on: 22-07-20, 10:20PM »
Hi I am a wages clerk and find some of these posts really nasty I will bend over backwards to help resolve any pay queries and help resolve any issues colleagues have i take a pride in my job role and have a lot of respect from fellow colleagues to say we are too big for our boots and you are quite happy with us losing our jobs is really not nice do you think we are not stressed enough I do not think you should be able to post these comments would you be ok with losing your job

Well said I was thinking the exact same! I also have spent 14 years dedicated to make sure colleagues receive everything they work for and are entitled to and lucky for them that we know our “arithmetics” Also sounds like one or both of these comments came from management!
« Last Edit: 22-07-20, 10:22PM by candysue »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 22-07-20, 11:06PM »
There's been talk of redundancy with wage clerks since the admin manager role changed. I believe the position is usually full time, so unsure how they intend to move them into another dept.

Have to say out of the four wages clerks, during my time, only one was deemed helpful and approachable. The others, mainly progressed from CSD, saw themselves as somehow gaining a promotion. One, in particular, was a law unto themselves...refused uniform requests...rarely did a rumble...when forced to support an all hands, arrived in the dept with every shiny new piece of required uniform, fleece, gloves, steel toe caps...shouted at temps or the younger, meeker colleagues...publicly questioned reasons for absence and even charged people £3 for replacing cardinal cards, that were no longer working :-X
« Last Edit: 22-07-20, 11:14PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

candysue

« Reply #15 on: 22-07-20, 11:50PM »
Well in my years as a wage clerk I have rumbled, worked on PI, shelf filled, done community, cleaned shelves, worked in the canteen and always tried to help any colleague or manager. It’s just sad that the ones that have tried hard at everything get dragged down with the too big for their boots ones!

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #16 on: 23-07-20, 07:49AM »
ours refuses to rumble,says she does not have time,but she has been caught playing candy crush and shopping on ebay a few times on her phone by the store manager and dragged out of the office to fill,but she then goes sick with stress,and it all calms down again for a while,until she is caught again,last week she was caught doing her shopping in company time,but she got away with a let's talk for that,claiming she was social distancing from all the managers in her office and didn't feel safe

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #17 on: 23-07-20, 11:06AM »
Hi does anyone have any information concerning the move from using HRAM and payroll reports to the new work and pay system? Will it mean the wage clerk position is no longer needed as the manager performs the tasks I understand
Will the role be made redundant ? What has happened in the trial stores ?

Can we not drift to far from Sunlover's questions.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

King1999

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 23-07-20, 02:42PM »
Probably be a soft restructure,wait no that's how they do it with managers they just get rid of the workers don't they.

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 23-07-20, 06:01PM »
There’s information on work and pay on the colleague help page, a lot of it!
For colleagues you can basically update personal info on it i.e. bank/address details, look at pay slips etc.
For wages apparently managers will be answering “exceptions” themselves if all goes to plan (does it ever in Tesco?) so not sure how a wages clerk fits in all of the new system, however I wouldn’t be expecting redundancies. Hours cut with protected pay and giving admins more responsibility is the way it will likely go. Personally, I’ll be glad to see my wages clerk go, in the job too long and thinks they know it all :thumbdown:
We must be at the same store 🤣🤣🤣

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 23-07-20, 11:07PM »
"too many of these wage clerks are too big for their boots"

Not all  ???

People will speak as they find, as long as they do not generalise they are entitled to voice their opinion, which is created by their own experiences.

I have the highest iq in the world (ask MENSA), I'm always right.

• Regular Pain
« Reply #21 on: 24-07-20, 10:43AM »
Night and Day

Unless you are being facetious, you are definitely not 'always right'.
The date for the next pay rise is 04 October 2020, not November.

Have you ever done wages? Most wages clerks are more conscientious than you could could ever conceive. Sure, everyone makes mistakes sometimes but I can guarantee you that most pay queries arise due to managers not coding exceptions correctly. 

Sunlover

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #22 on: 27-07-20, 05:56PM »
I’d like to thank people for commenting, I agree that not all comments are polite however it’s true to say that as a wages clerk we code the exception as per the managers coding !! To say you hope we lose our jobs is not kind I wouldn’t want anyone to lose their jobs I don’t rumble however I finish at 230 before rumble starts and only work part time, if my job role is going then it’s something I’ll have to accept and move on from I would just like to know because if this change is happening in October then Tesco will already have the model of how many hours are going to be needed in wages ! So instead of giving us 4 weeks to get our head around it I would like to know now, most wage clerks I know wouldn’t want to move to another area as they have probably ended up doing this job for a reason ! I was a manager 24 years but decided a few years ago that it wasn’t for me any longer so took the wages job part time and no weekends so I’m my situation I don’t want to move elsewhere in the store

Bonny Heather

« Reply #23 on: 27-07-20, 08:01PM »
Sunlover if there is changes for wage clerks I think it would have to happen in every store at the same time.  Not all stores are moving to W&P in October although all managers are so don’t know how this will work out 🤷‍♀️

Sunlover

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #24 on: 28-07-20, 06:54AM »
Bonny Heather Thank you I know our store is moving in October from what I have heard some store are in October with rest of the company to follow in phases over next year

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk