News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 316
Total: 321

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedupofbeingscrewed

i queried the removal of masks at 12pm on nights when customers left. I asked if they thought staff could not spread it between themselves but unfortunately there were that many moans and groans and people who came up with pathetic excuses not to wear them my resistance was futile. This week there are a dozen off 2 testing positive and loads having to self isolate because of contact tracing. You'd have thought this may have been a wake up call but NO in fact some are now downloading the track n trace app as they feel they are missing out, even projecting when's best time to try and get pinged so as to have christmas off. One guy actually hugged someone who had just got the message to islolate laughing and joking that he hoped he too will now get a message :(       

Katarn2000

Quote from: dotnochance on 18-11-20, 12:34AM
Going to post the scientific paper that backs that info up? Or is it a case of “my mate Dave down the pub told me”

No scientific paper. I'm referring to news reports about WHO advice from back in march when we were asking why we weren't being told to wear masks from the start.

I said last I heard, not last scientific paper I read but it feels like you're really saying you don't agree with me when all I'm saying is I'm surprised more people haven't raised the issue of the effectiveness of masks.

jonty

With this evenings news, do you think Tesco will tell colleagues that they can use their own judgement from July 19th or will they continue with the current rules?

Biscuit tin

Own judgement is the Government line so I should expect it to be that.
People forget that they weren't even mandatory during the 1st wave.
I'll keep wearing one so I don't have to go back to  putting up with the BO and farts of other staff.

penguin

Until the first lockdown staff were not even allowed to wear a mask in work, even a few days before March 23rd and the country shutting down Store Managers were still being told to report to group people partners if a staff member insisted on wearing a mask in work.

One hopes this time Tesco will take the sensible approach and allow staff to follow there own wishes on masks, I'll still wear mine when going into shops or public transport for a while, and although I no longer work in Tesco I'll keep wearing mine at work, cases are rising like mad in the area I live and it seems sensible to keep the mask for the forseable 
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Dontcaresowhat

As far as I am aware, Tesco rejoined the BRC then them and others asked the government to rethink masks in retail a few weeks ago. I worked in a store which had some managers who were COVID deniers and others who were 100% behind the restrictions. This lead to flip-flopping on what was in place dependent on the time of day or the day of week.

This lead to an environment of chaos, it was not a nice place to be and the bonus we go was a lot less than we deserved!

I think Tesco is now all about recovering the massive amounts of money they threw at COVID which was misspent by an overly incompetent team of Store managers and in reality it had no effect on COVID numbers at all due to inconsistencies across stores.

Tesco can not stop their staff wearing masks if they choose going forward, it would be another PR nightmare masks will be a personal choice by the end of July.

All I can say to all in retail is keep yourself safe, do what you believe to be right and hopefully no more variants appear that make the vaccine useless.

londoner83

Hopefully for fear of being sued by colleagues under health and safety at work laws, nothing will change after July 19th. Wearing a mask protects those around you so if we all become unmasked colleagues could potentially kill a customer or vice versa. The science doesn't support this move.

mommydearest

I am hoping Tesco will allow staff to make their own decision whether to mask or not. If they do I will happily make a little bonfire of all my masks and hope that the government never enforce rules like this again.

lackofinterest

if customers don't wear masks then theres no way i will. if customers don't care about passing it on to me then why should i care about passing it on to them

NightAndDay

With infection rates at 25,000 per day and rising, an anti-mask stance now is just stupidity. Not enough people have been vaccinated twice to start contemplating removing face mask laws. Tesco pushing for removing coronavirus related laws is virtue signalling that they value profit over safety.

Paulie

I can't wait to take the mask off on July 19th, I understand there will be some psychological problems with some to remove them, but time to man up. Most have been vaccinated, lets get back to something of the old normal quick before the government introduces more stupid laws. Wearing masks all day is not healthy, whatever your thoughts on it.   

forrestgimp

I dont get all this guff about tesco keeping masks mandatory or not, they have only ever been mandatory in name only. Dont want to wear a mask say you have an invisible disability and no one is allowed to contradict you nor should they be.

So the only thing changing on the 19th is its a personal choice officially so those who decided to wear one but cant be bothered anymore can remove it if they wish. Oh and there is no need to buy a fake exemption certificate from Amazon anymore. 

lol its me

Quote from: Paulie on 06-07-21, 01:55PM
I can't wait to take the mask off on July 19th, I understand there will be some psychological problems with some to remove them, but time to man up. Most have been vaccinated, lets get back to something of the old normal quick before the government introduces more stupid laws. Wearing masks all day is not healthy, whatever your thoughts on it.
Only person needing to man up is you, its a piece of cloth on your face. going to post any evidence that say "Wearing masks all day is not healthy"

forrestgimp

Lol, they wont post evidence because there is non. |The same person probably thinks the earth is flat.

penguin

QuoteI dont get all this guff about tesco keeping masks mandatory or not, they have only ever been mandatory in name only. Dont want to wear a mask say you have an invisible disability and no one is allowed to contradict you nor should they be.

Anyone taking such an approach during a pandemic should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

NightAndDay

The law makers should be ashamed for coming up with the law defeating provision.

forrestgimp

Quote from: penguin on 07-07-21, 06:40PM
QuoteI dont get all this guff about tesco keeping masks mandatory or not, they have only ever been mandatory in name only. Dont want to wear a mask say you have an invisible disability and no one is allowed to contradict you nor should they be.

Anyone taking such an approach during a pandemic should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Care to explain what you mean, all I did was point out the practicalities of it. You seem to enjoy a bit of hyperbole.

penguin

Yeah I mean anyone making up a disability to get out of wearing a mask during the pandemic should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, I have nothing at all against those who are genuinely exempt its those who bend the rules and claim to have an exemption when its not the case I have an issue with.

spike_pkh

Forget the coronavirus, I havent had a cold or flu in years due to masks and distancing. I'll be keeping mine on

forrestgimp

Quote from: penguin on 08-07-21, 12:31PM
Yeah I mean anyone making up a disability to get out of wearing a mask during the pandemic should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, I have nothing at all against those who are genuinely exempt its those who bend the rules and claim to have an exemption when its not the case I have an issue with.

How do you tell the difference? bearing in mind you are not allowed to ask for evidence.

oldfashionedplayer

Probably see if they wear them anywhere else if a colleague 😂

penguin

Quote from: forrestgimp on 08-07-21, 08:09PM
Quote from: penguin on 08-07-21, 12:31PM

How do you tell the difference? bearing in mind you are not allowed to ask for evidence.

Of course I cant ask and would never dream of it, but does not stop me feeling those who are not following the rules around masks without a valid reason are guilty of shameful behaviour.

forrestgimp

Theres the thing though. Invisible disabilities are by definition not visible by you or anyone so you looking at someone and thinking 'Oh look more people behaving shamefully (or whatever nice epithet you decide to use) shows the kind of person you are.

Personally I think its you who needs to take a long hard look at yourself and stop patting yourself on the back for being virtuous when simply put you are nothing of the sort and judge people by your own very very low standards.

alf

The point >

Your comprehension of the point.

forrestgimp

Ok tell me what the point is then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk