Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

10-07-20, 04:01AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6426
  • Latest: Lainep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46887
  • Total Topics: 946
  • Online Today: 71
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 45
Total: 47

Author Topic: Heatmap  (Read 1786 times)

beahead

• VLH Supporter
Heatmap
« on: 21-06-20, 11:03PM »
I have no availability on saturdays , put this on form , now I'm being asked (told) that I must work saturday, because we need to support some other people who need to move from over hours dept, is this right? Is cash office and csd one department? The pay grades are different

Bean23

Re: Heatmap
« Reply #1 on: 21-06-20, 11:23PM »
Depends on your reason for not working Saturday e.g. Your a carer or another job your shifts with 4 wks notice can be changed. is it just because you don't want to work weekends. Cash office is no longer classed as skilled  however if you work in a dept that pays higher rate you should be paid that difference for the hours you do. 

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 22-06-20, 10:22AM »
Is this the same situation that you were having previously?
Are they still trying to get you to move your days to accommodate a CO employee moving into your current shifts?

Cash office does come under the same umbrella as CSD, however if they move that person to CSD permanently then they will be put on the higher rate, as the request is theirs and not the employees to move.

Again, if you are not contracted to Saturday's, and have no availability stated for that day, then they would have to PROVE it is a " needs of the business" situation. Just to accommodate another person is not a needs of the business, as they should be having that person fitting into the required Saturday shift.
From what I recall from your previous posts on this, the colleague from the CO is unable or unwilling to do certain days, and you are being told you have to move your shifts to accommodate this colleague taking your shifts??

Again I urge you to seek the help and assistance of a rep regarding this.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 22-06-20, 11:13AM »
the backdoor staff in my store were moved from 5am starts until 8am starts,due to needs of the business,they got round it saying fresh nights would cover backdoor as they were there until 8am,even though the union fought for the 2 guys,the store manager got his way

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 22-06-20, 11:25AM »
The window of change from 5 am - 8am would not be considered unreasonable and they couldn't finish later due to acceptable reasons, such as other recognised commitments etc.  however I hope their premium pay for the 5am- 6am ( if it still exists) was protected in the agreement.
« Last Edit: 22-06-20, 11:27AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 22-06-20, 04:35PM »
the backdoor staff in my store were moved from 5am starts until 8am starts,due to needs of the business,they got round it saying fresh nights would cover backdoor as they were there until 8am,even though the union fought for the 2 guys,the store manager got his way
"union fought"  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk