Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-07-20, 05:16AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46835
  • Total Topics: 945
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 47
Total: 51

Author Topic: DISCOUNT CARD  (Read 3705 times)

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
DISCOUNT CARD
« on: 02-06-20, 11:06AM »
Can anyone confirm.  Can a Friend/family member do your shopping as your are vulnerable do your shopping using your discount card. with proof of ID of the person your shopping for.  eg  Passport/utility bill/colleague clock in card.  Im sure i have seen this written down but cant find it.  any help please.   Ps i know a family member can have a 2nd card!!

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: DISCOUNT CARD
« Reply #1 on: 02-06-20, 01:48PM »
I ask this in work as my husband is extremely vulnerable and wanted to know in case I couldn't get delivery slot . I was told no under no circumstances  can anyone else use your privilege card .

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #2 on: 02-06-20, 02:54PM »
If I were you I would call the store.

Delivery slots are coming up much better now but if you still cannot get one, call the store, speak to your manager and just explain the situation, get their go ahead. Better yet do it over text and that way you have a point of contact if you do get blowback after they said it was cool to do.

If someone on my team called and explained it to me like that I'd have no issue saying go for it and taking the heat if something did come up.

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 02-06-20, 09:12PM »
I have found what I needed it's in the policies. Better late than never. Yes a friend that you nominate can use your card. With I'd etc. Untill you return to work.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4 on: 02-06-20, 10:14PM »
Others may like to know where to find this little gem.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

« Reply #5 on: 02-06-20, 10:58PM »
You need to raise a query on the colleague-help.ourtesco.com website  to the benefits team.  with the subject colleague 12 week isolation and include name address employee number date of isolation start and end and nominated person to use your card. They will get back to you with a letter.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 03-06-20, 12:56AM »
That's great news for those shielding for 12 weeks if a little late . I'm on a lifestyle break so not applicable for me .

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #7 on: 03-06-20, 01:13PM »
Can anyone confirm.  Can a Friend/family member do your shopping as your are vulnerable do your shopping using your discount card. with proof of ID of the person your shopping for.  eg  Passport/utility bill/colleague clock in card.  Im sure i have seen this written down but cant find it.  any help please.   Ps i know a family member can have a 2nd card!!

There's a process that came into place a few weeks ago, sent out to all area personnel managers who passed it onto store managers, you can request it under the colleague help (contact us at bottom) and submit a new request under my benefits and then in subject line of vulnerable colleague card transfer, (was a shorter name advertised but can't find it),

in there you list the store number and whatnot and you can get a form sent to you, their reply will contain the end date of the volunteer that can use the card up until, the person who does your shopping cannot use it though for theirs and the person just takes your card and letter with them when they shop.

You can also contact your store manager who should be made aware of this already and confirm you can do this if you don't want to wait on the help response.

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #8 on: 03-06-20, 01:44PM »
Yes for me all maybe a little late. But all good for the next few weeks

BoxAid.co.uk

• Helping people to share with others!
    • BoxAid supporting NHS & careworkers
« Reply #9 on: 11-06-20, 09:28AM »
We are setting up a project boxaid.co.uk and already have full access to the Tesco api to list all shopping products on our site, but now need to integrate the new online volunteer card into our site, can anyone help as telephone support at Tesco are not very helpful.
www.boxaid.co.uk supporting frontline careworkers from NHS to care homes by letting you pay for their weekly shop and have it delivered to their door.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 11-06-20, 09:35AM »
Tescos helpdesk support probably doesn't know what an API is, never mind what it stands for, you'll need to find someone working for one of Tescos technical teams to help, which is a completely seperate area of the core business, they're likely based at their Welwyn Garden city offices.

BoxAid.co.uk

• Helping people to share with others!
    • BoxAid supporting NHS & careworkers
« Reply #11 on: 11-06-20, 11:03AM »
Thank you, finally spoke to someone who simply said they cannot help at the moment, oh well, atleast we know.  We have a backup plan possibly using Iframes to integrate it.  If it works we will be going live next week.
« Last Edit: 11-06-20, 11:08AM by BoxAid »
www.boxaid.co.uk supporting frontline careworkers from NHS to care homes by letting you pay for their weekly shop and have it delivered to their door.

Corinthian

« Reply #12 on: 12-06-20, 02:40AM »
It is very unlikely that checkout staff are going to read the name on the card or question it. Especially since colleague cards are now contactless. Given the circumstances and that you are essentially shopping in proxy for the cardholder, even if a checkout assistant were to notice, I doubt they would care. Unless they are a brown noser. In which case, management probably wouldn't take action against you.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 12-06-20, 06:13AM »
Fraud with a colleague card can be spotted at checkouts but it mostly flags up by the way it's used and the first a store will know about it is when they get an email asking them to investigate. The Hub can pick things up now but the use of a Clubcard is monitored by Clubcard themselves.
Is it really worth it, you are risking your job giving discount to someone else.

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 12-06-20, 06:27AM »
But you can. Go online colleague help. Put in fit a request for a nominated person's. Must say the name & relationship. They will then send a reply in a letter form. You download print. Give to nominated person  for when they shop for you. Must have photo I'd etc. It does work its OK. Only up till you go back to work :thumbup:

Guftagu

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #15 on: 14-06-20, 10:28AM »
Unrelated sorry but I'm a supporter and don't see the link to post a new thread?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 14-06-20, 10:45AM »
Go to forum....click on which part of the company forums you want e.g. Stores...then top of page, click on new topic  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: 14-06-20, 10:47AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Cinderella

« Reply #17 on: 14-06-20, 02:57PM »
I had a strange experience with my colleague card. I had two transactions, one with groceries, a gift set and gift wrap. No discount was applied. No one could work it out, so I just paid. I had just a single roll of gift wrap in the second transaction (it was reduced, cheapest free, so I paid separately) and my discount was applied to that. Same checkout, same cashier, same payment methods, even paid for during the same minute. No one can work it out at all.

I’m not fussed, but it was interesting, and I’m curious whether anyone knows why that would happen?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 14-06-20, 07:17PM »
Gift sets & wrapping paper , if this was at xmas and you were using vouchers ,if vouchers are put through before card swiped , discount does not come off . That is the only reason I can think of , card must go through before any money off vouchers.

Cinderella

« Reply #19 on: 15-06-20, 08:43AM »
I didn’t use any vouchers at all, just my clubcard and debit card. This just happened last Monday. All items were eligible for discount, so it was very strange.

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 15-06-20, 11:06AM »
Could be a couple of things.
1. Sometimes the Clubcard bleeps but doesn’t take on system.
   Did the receipt show the Clubcard on it
2. You said you brought a gift set, did it contain alcohol? If so the discount could have brought it below minimum unit pricing, so no discount would be applied.
3. Every now and again, for some unknown reason the till takes the Clubcard but doesn’t apply the discount.
Doesn’t happen very often, but does still happen. A quick trip to CSD will sort it out.

Cinderella

« Reply #21 on: 15-06-20, 09:22PM »
It was a bath/pamper gift set. I actually went to two tills, it didn’t work on either! CSD was closed, and they said they couldn’t help me the next day, so I had to just let it go.

MisterT

« Reply #22 on: 19-06-20, 10:02AM »
Morning all. Quick question about the use of our discount card. Leaving store the other night I purchased a few items at self scan. A colleague was at the next self service machine and as I was packing they asked if they could use my discount card as they forgot theirs. Not even thinking I reached over and scanned my card. When I left the store i just realised what I had done. No excuses I was tired, on autopilot just to get home.

Very aware this was wrong. What’s the chances of getting investigated and disciplinary actions happening. Potentially getting dismissed!! 

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 19-06-20, 10:09AM »
It's not the way it should be used but I think this is a minor issue and can understand how it could happen. If happened as you said I think it's only a coaching issue but not sure I have ever seen an example of this. At the end of the day you have not driven discount to anyone who does not qualify and as there is a cap on your ducount you have given some of yours to a colleague. One thing to be aware of though is not to give discount to a fellow colleague who has used up their own an allowance.

MisterT

« Reply #24 on: 19-06-20, 10:15AM »
Thanks for the response. I spoke to the colleague the next day to raise my concerns about what happened. Basically shrugged it off and said everyone does it, it’s not a problem.

I’m probably overthinking the whole the thing!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk