Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

29-09-20, 02:59PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6895
  • Latest: mfox21
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48429
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Business needs  (Read 4277 times)

beahead

• VLH Supporter
Business needs
« on: 29-04-20, 10:09PM »
Hi can someone clarify what needs of business means , when asked to change hours

NightAndDay

• Sad Muppet
Re: Business needs
« Reply #1 on: 29-04-20, 10:24PM »
It means for there to be a business critical reason (in terms of legal compliance, operational necessity etc) for the change, when they give this as a reason they have to prove it is the case and that there are no other alternatives, 9/10 times it's managers trying to pull a fast one.
« Last Edit: 29-04-20, 10:28PM by NightAndDay »

dotnochance

« Reply #2 on: 29-04-20, 11:38PM »
Ask them to see the business plan, if it’s the “needs of the business” as the manager said it should be in  the business plan the manager got.
Is the manager changing just your hours or is the hours changing for whole department? If it’s whole department then ask to see business plan, if it’s just you, ask why your being singled out
« Last Edit: 29-04-20, 11:42PM by dotnochance »

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 29-04-20, 11:42PM »
What should be in the business  plan ?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 30-04-20, 09:27AM »
I wouldn't worry too much as they wont have one, or produce it..
It should be a detailed plan stating the "needs if the business" in how your movement of hours are essential to continue running the store...also ask to see the heat map, they should show it you aswell...showing where the hours are needed.
You are entitled to a rep( union member) or colleague to attend these meetings with you. They should not be trying to change your days, whole shifts etc...without showing the business plan. It should usually be within a reasonable two hour window either side. Don't agree to anything that you will have trouble with sticking to, and remember it's a two way conversation, and an agreement should be reached.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 30-04-20, 06:00PM »
Can I talk privately with people on here ?

Global Moderator Comment As a supporter you have the ability to PM other supporters, the only info exchanged other than your message is membership name i.e. beahead. However it must be remembered members are not obliged to reply and some may not like being contacted in this manner, better to ask first. You will most likely get all the advice you require via the forum. Most "fights" are up to the individuals determination to get justice.
« Last Edit: 30-04-20, 08:45PM by Nomad »

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 01-05-20, 08:15AM »
So would I be right in thinking , it's wrong to move my hours to another day , because they need to find hours to accommodate another person , who's department is over hours ?that's mot needs of the business really is it? My shifts fit into so called heat map, unfortunately  another dept is over,  and they need to fit them in somewhere , the day they want to move me to , is a day other person already works , in there own department. Seems to stink somehow

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 01-05-20, 08:56AM »
 8-) that is not a needs of a business case....it's not even a RHRP case! They can't move you to accommodate another person, they can't put another person in your current contracted hours and move you out of them. The other person can move their hours into that day and dept. If your current hours fit into the heat map, you are being singled out and would be suffering a detriment by them attempting to move you for the benefit of another.

Seriously, they are having a laugh...has it been a proper meeting discussing this, with notes etc..or just feelers putting out by your manager to gauge your reaction?

If your in the union, get your union involved in this. Phone ACAS and get the full official stance on this, then inform your managers of these facts as quoted by ACAS.
« Last Edit: 01-05-20, 09:00AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 18-05-20, 05:53PM »
No way can you be forcibly moved for the reasons given. If person A wishes to move to your dept they need to fit into the gaps in your schedule,  not have person B and C moved to free up hours to suit them. Of course if you agree to move  they can go ahead,  but if you dont they cant make you change.

Duff McKagan

« Reply #9 on: 17-06-20, 07:39PM »
Needs of the business....that old nugget.
I had a manager in my store who couldn’t have been less empathetic when people were moved or lost their jobs...she would just say “needs of the business”. Eventually though her job was made redundant, and she moaned and groaned...she sobbed and made a big hoohah about it to gain sympathy...my response? “Needs of the business’’ That was a delicious moment...she was a callous cow and i enjoyed giving some back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk