Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 10:38AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46208
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 106
Total: 111

Author Topic: Disciplinary Meeting  (Read 6636 times)

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
Re: Disciplinary Meeting
« Reply #50 on: 23-05-20, 07:20PM »
the correct procedure is you inform duty manager when cigarettes come in, then it's their responsibility to put them away, not yours. another useless tw*t blaming somebody else which doesn't surprise me. union should never have allowed it to go to disciplinary in the first place!!! you don't have to check them off, that should be done by front end team leader or manager. bottom line is the duty manager is at fault if he was informed, if not then person accepting the delivery is at fault for not letting them know.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Disciplinary Meetin
« Reply #51 on: 23-05-20, 07:28PM »
Where do you want to go with this...what do you hope to achieve? Did you see the manager not checking the order off, or just your colleague telling you it's what they saw? Are they willing to state it as fact, and is there surveillance camera/hub in the office? If covered by hub, phone protector line. But if not covered by either and it was just you, you and your colleague or just your colleague, why didn't either of you confront the manager for not following security procedure? Everyone has a right to a voice, and you have a right to challenge any manager if you feel they're not following correct stock security procedures. Perhaps the colleague is just stirring things up here? If you've no concrete proof, let it go...it quickly becomes tit for tat...make a note of dates and times and move on.
My bigger concern is, going from your previous posts regarding this manager, and the fact you were exonerated and it was proven that this manager had lied, an agreement reached for you to move store to be away from this manager. Then why was he in your store as your manager?? Surely this should have been part of the investigation completion and agreement going forward, of you needing to move stores, to distance yourself from him?
Was there any agreement reached, covering this??
« Last Edit: 23-05-20, 07:30PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Bubbles1234

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #52 on: 23-05-20, 10:14PM »
OK I'm in another store temp this manager is covering the store delivery come in by the way I'm a shift leader so is my colleague.  My colleague brought the cigarettes to the office I was there too, manager was on the computer when they were being put away manager did not question why cigs are not being checked off  nothing and yet I got disciplined for it so I feel most stores don't follow process and I feel I'm treated unfairly.

Like today he said to me have mags been booked I said no got till 11am he said who told you that I said "part of training" he said "I will find out", I have checked and it's 11am so I can't say anything.

In my appeal will they take it that I have been treated unfairly?  I got a final written which union are dealing with as disciplinary process was not followed either, disciplinary manager just said sorry was not interested and knew process was not followed also they tried to force me to go back to my store even though I have told them by email a number of times  I do not feel safe there, I also have anxiety which they are aware of.
« Last Edit: 24-05-20, 08:57AM by Nomad »

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 24-05-20, 10:12AM »
Something doesn’t seem right with all this, firstly when you say you got disciplined over the cigarettes was this an actual formal disciplinary or just a let’s talk or even a do not do that again comment and nothing more, process is for cigs to be checked off line by line after printing out the list from 161 and I can assure you most stores do follow the process, given the high value and risk of being accused of anything should the process be found not to have been done correctly.

I’m also not sure what the issue is with asking if news and mags booked in, manager asked you answered and after checking it seems your time scale was right, can’t see why you would need to say anything.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #54 on: 24-05-20, 10:19AM »
Has the appeal taken place yet? If not you just need to let the process continue.
You can only to a certain extent bring up what others do. If it forms part of defence regarding the fact that you did nothing different from anyone else on the team did then this is a store culture issue.
If you are just wanting to say others do things wrong too then it's only partly relevant. In simple terms, ifyou committed murder and it went to trail you could not plead that other people do it too but you can use personal background and experiences

Bubbles1234

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #55 on: 24-05-20, 10:43AM »
I got a final  written when yes its a culture thing in store manager only started putting processes in to place week before  i dont think its right could of been dealt with in store and i was not the one that left the cigarettes unattended and they blame me for the loss these 2 managers tried to add another 2 allegations against me which waa proven to be lies but they dont get dealt with a manager does not to follow process its ok but others are disciplined thanks for the help hopefully the appeal will see it

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 24-05-20, 11:17AM »
what is your union rep doing for you while all this is going on and what were they doing when you were given a final written for something you didn't do or wasn't your fault?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 24-05-20, 11:21AM »
You're all over the place with this, and it's not helping your anxiety by trying to pre-empt the appeal meeting.
Your rep is appealing your disciplinary warning, due to being out if process, if that is the case the warning should be overturned. The warning was given on the investigation at the time, and all relevant issues at that time. The same manager has now breached the set procedures that you were disciplined for initially, but this is a seperate issue, and should be dealt with seperately. You can report this incident for investigation, which is when you can cite your initial final warning as an example of the disciplinary deemed appropriate for the same misconduct.
It's all well and good standing your ground, but don't let it turn into a slanging match with this manager...if he's trying to provoke you, he's succeeding...I.e. News& mags timeframe, said he'll check, you know you're right so let him check, he should already know the timings as a manager!
« Last Edit: 24-05-20, 11:22AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #58 on: 24-05-20, 11:39AM »
Just to add, the main reason why it's so important for Tesco to follow the disciplinary process is because in the end, they aren't the final arbiters of judgement, no, the ET will determine whether Tesco conducted their investigations and reprimands in an objective and fair way if it goes to court.
« Last Edit: 24-05-20, 11:41AM by NightAndDay »

Bubbles1234

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #59 on: 24-05-20, 01:38PM »
I was not given a invite letter for second meeting i was on holiday i returned i was called in for meeting manager said put letter in folder the reason why i said can carry on the manager said to me will only be a lets talk i will see how appeal goes

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #60 on: 24-05-20, 02:15PM »
if there's one thing i've learnt it's never go into any "meeting" with a manager without a union rep even a lets talk!!!

hesketh

• Know All
« Reply #61 on: 24-05-20, 05:11PM »
Going in to a meeting alone with a manager is not a problem. Sometimes it's the best way to clear the air, they have no witness either.

Just refuse to sign anything and deny anything you don't like afterwards....
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

Bubbles1234

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #62 on: 25-05-20, 07:08PM »
Store i am in is extremley busy since lockdow up 40% in sales today same manager come into  store mid morning store had been very busy yesterday and short staff due to eid i did my best store was faced up  so today from 6am store has been really busy he started moaning to my other colleague has he ignores me saying would you accept this from previous night shift leader we have been opened since 6am so rumble was not done so due to short staff i feel like hes victimising me trying to make be look incompetence in my job i take pics of everything i do due to my anxiety i asked to be refered to occupational health they got him to do referrel he tried to say to me my job role involves alot i told him nothing to do with my job role im still doing my job 100% which pics proves it  just dont know what to do just want someone to listen and help can i have a inparcial manager see me instead of him hes not even my manager hes covering store  :(

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #63 on: 25-05-20, 07:27PM »
To be honest this sounds like its become a personal issue between the two of you now, if he is covering the store in place of the usual store manager then all you can really do is contact the area manager to raise your concerns, mediation via an impartial manager between the two of you could be an option but if truth be told never usually solves much unless it sorts out whatever the underlying issue is.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk