Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

24-09-20, 12:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48310
  • Total Topics: 973
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Dress code  (Read 4396 times)

Guftagu

• VLH Supporter
Dress code
« on: 11-07-20, 12:03PM »
Current policy doesn't seem to state what trousers are allowed, are jeans no longer allowed?

penguin

• Sad Muppet
Re: Dress code
« Reply #1 on: 11-07-20, 12:23PM »
Never have been allowed as part of uniform in store  have they

manbearpig

« Reply #2 on: 11-07-20, 12:53PM »
I know a few colleagues who wear black jeans, no one says anything

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 11-07-20, 03:14PM »
Guess management just turning a blind eye to it then, if you go by the rules its not allowed.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 11-07-20, 03:31PM »
The only reason anyone should be wearing anything but standard uniform is...
If they are new, and not received their allocated uniform, or, they are waiting for uniform replacement for their worn out or damaged items of clothing, or it's a " fun dress" day where you pay a donation for the privilege of wearing your own clothes  :-X
« Last Edit: 11-07-20, 03:33PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 11-07-20, 09:16PM »
With all the temps taken on recently they have mostly had just a company hi-viz or promotional T-shirt to wear with their own clothes.  I tend to wear any old T-shirt as long as it is bluish with no logos showing under the company hi-viz
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nook

« Reply #6 on: 15-07-20, 12:42AM »
Are black trousers allowed? One of our managers is now saying they're not, but quite a few people have worn them for a while and never had any issues. Can't see any updated policy

Katarn2000

« Reply #7 on: 15-07-20, 06:59AM »
Dress code hasn't changed in about a century as far as I know. Black trousers are to be worn for new starts before they get uniform or by temps who don't get given a uniform if their contracts is less than 12 weeks. Some stores give temps uniform anyway but what I said is the policy.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 15-07-20, 08:41AM »
 8-) I'll just say....polka dots  8-) :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

• Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 15-07-20, 01:32PM »
Lol, I remember the polka dots.

stockcontroller

« Reply #10 on: 15-07-20, 10:46PM »
Personally I wore black trousers for about 18 months after I started, then once the new admin N***, sorry admin colleague started in her role, all of a sudden it was a massive problem and she was telling my manager(s) (I technically had two during the transition from food/non-food to stock and admin) and they were both jumping down my throat to wear the correct trousers. So really it just depends on who your manager is and what you can get away with.
« Last Edit: 16-07-20, 09:45AM by Nomad »

Jimnie 39

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #11 on: 19-07-20, 12:28AM »
Were they ever?! Just because some other staff do, temps etc, it's never going to be Tesco policy to wear jeans %uD83D%uDE05.
Recent times probably mean some things have slipped,  doesn't mean you can jump on band wagon and start wearing jeans ffs
What a @#$t
« Last Edit: 19-07-20, 12:30AM by Jimnie 39 »

Paulie

« Reply #12 on: 19-07-20, 09:58AM »
I see more youngsters at my store wearing black skinny type jeans and I personally think they look better, I personally think trousers are getting to look badly old fashioned. For me as long as your wearing a Tesco top (t-shirt/shirt) and obviously identifiable as a Tesco staff , who cares whether your wearing trousers or jeans. Roll with the times!!
« Last Edit: 19-07-20, 09:59AM by Paulie »

MerchMan007

« Reply #13 on: 19-07-20, 11:28AM »
If more and more people shoplift do we turn a blind eye and "roll with the times" ?
If more and more colleagues just turn up for work when it suits them do we let it go and "roll with the times" ?
No .
The uniform policy is totally clear and failing to ensure colleagues abide by it is a sign of weak management , period .

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 19-07-20, 11:39AM »
Could not agree more MerchMan, not only is it a case of weak management but causes arguments, because if some people are allowed to wear jeans, leggings or whatever and then others are made to follow policy you can see where it will lead.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #15 on: 19-07-20, 02:40PM »
One dot comedy girl turned up in skin tight leather jeans. Not exactly dressed for service

Paulie

« Reply #16 on: 19-07-20, 03:41PM »
What the heck has shoplifting got to with dress code???  You must be must fun folks if people wearing the wrong uniform upsets you. Let your managers deal with it and just concentrate on behaving like a minion.

With the huge amount of temps and turnover of staff I personally think shop floor staff should just wear company t-shirts with suitable bottoms (jeans/trousers).

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 19-07-20, 04:27PM »
Personally think our uniform needs a update. As long as you are identifiable as staff and its clean and non offensive does it really matter if you are not in Tesco issued garments.

Paupers wage

« Reply #18 on: 19-07-20, 05:35PM »
The observance of any formal dress code by management doesn’t appear to be adhered to as black jeans informal shirts etc appear to be the norm, somewhat at odds when telling a ca off for not wearing company uniform, the former days of able to identify a manager to a customer, in suitable attired suit, white shirt, tie etc, long gone dress down Friday every day of the week

NightAndDay

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 20-07-20, 01:14PM »
Personally think our uniform needs a update. As long as you are identifiable as staff and its clean and non offensive does it really matter if you are not in Tesco issued garments.

It's important for 2 reasons, identification and brand reputation. It's important for customers to be able to visually identify employees for the first point of contact, having the same variations of uniform is important to brand image as it instills a perception of order and governance.

Saying this though, managers definitely shouid be leading by example, they represent the company more than the CAs, managers clearly flouting rules surrounding appropriate attire should be disciplined more harshly than the CAs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk