Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

29-09-20, 02:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6894
  • Latest: Asad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48428
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Stored transactions  (Read 2615 times)

Bluebabes

• VLH Supporter
Stored transactions
« on: 25-04-20, 07:22PM »
What is everyone’s policy for stored transactions ? Is there a set policy or is it store dependant ?

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Stored transactions
« Reply #1 on: 25-04-20, 09:26PM »
Load it, if not told it is cleared in time to deliver it before returning to store then bring it back.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

blueberet

« Reply #2 on: 25-04-20, 10:28PM »
Pretty much exactly as gomezz has said in my store. If it hasn't cleared by their delivery time on the manifest then I'm probably returning it to store, managers can't expect you to go back to a drop to deliver when its going to put the route 15-20 minutes behind.

I'm pretty sure they tried to bring something out with calling/texting the call centre earlier in the year and one of the bits of information they required was latest possible time that you could deliver it, but whatever that process was we're still doing it the old way.

Bluebabes

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-20, 09:07PM »
Sorry think didn’t explain properly. Meant when a customer is at checkout and say forgot their money so you store transaction until or if they come back. What do people do with the shopping until they are back especially cold items due to 20 minute cold chain.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #4 on: 26-04-20, 09:50PM »
You just explain to the customer that chilled items will have to be put back after 20 minutes has passed, there are 2 copies of the receipt thing, generally we just keep hold of both.  If customer comes back before 20 mins generally serve them quickly or get them to take it to another till or get them to wait while serving current one, if after 20 mins, then generally they get told if we haven't put the stuff all back to get that and grab the fresh stuff again and they can see on the stored transaction receipt what they had so they grab it again and just repeat what said first part, if they don't come back just all goes back, if left longer than the 20 mins fresh etc goes to waste.
« Last Edit: 27-04-20, 11:11AM by Nomad »

dotnochance

« Reply #5 on: 27-04-20, 02:05AM »
Put the trolley with customers shopping in fresh chill till they come back, if they don’t come back after a few hours then return to shelf, no need to waste anything

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 27-04-20, 10:10AM »
That's what we do, we put shopping in chill, if there is frozen we put bag of frozen in freezer but that depends on how long they say they will be. If just a few mins we just put all in chill. If they don't come back it all goes back on shelves. The stored transaction will drop off the system at the end of the day and the shopping automatically goes back into book stock.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #7 on: 27-04-20, 05:28PM »
Aye would think that'd be common sense for putting in chiller, but ours refuse to do it as its a risk for those who then go into the chiller (funny though how nothing else in there is a risk)

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 28-04-20, 02:54AM »
Not sure what sort of risk it could be. If they are saying trolley is in the way, that would depend on time of day or time of year. Would only be an issue for us as delivery arrives and at Christmas. The stores are not all the same like this. If it's because colleague would help themselves out of the trolley then it would not be a very nice store to work in and a whole different ball game.

Roger Rabbit

« Reply #9 on: 04-06-20, 11:00PM »
Hi, what we do at my store is like some, we tell the customer to wait at the barrier (because recently it has been vouchers) after 15 min, we just ask them to pay by an other way or the food goes back out on the shelves. If its a payment issue with a card, or no money, we just put it in the fresh chiller in the trolley, (and leave one half of the recipe with the shopping and the other on the till) we leave it in there for a max of one hour or the dairy manager has a problem with it. It happens all the time, we even have a code, code blue (or I do atleast). Glad to know it happens at over stores. 

Cinderella

« Reply #10 on: 06-06-20, 07:15AM »
In my store, we are not allowed to store shopping in the chiller. It was done once, that I’m aware of, and then we weren’t allowed to do it again. We are told to ask the customer how long they are going to be, if they say longer than 20 mins, we have to tell them that anything fresh is going to be put back, but everything else we will hold onto for them. Then the shopping is kept by the cashier that scanned it, or handed over to one nearby if that cashier goes on break or home.

Not the best practice, but it works some of the time, and that pretty much defines the store I work at. “Works some of the time”  8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk