Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-07-20, 06:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46835
  • Total Topics: 945
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 59
Total: 61

Author Topic: The good, the bad and the downright ugly!!  (Read 3592 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
The good, the bad and the downright ugly!!
« on: 25-04-20, 09:39AM »
So, five weeks into lockdown and true colours being shown by many...

The good...obvs the NHS, and ALL key workers who are literally on the front line...the celebs donating millions, including this week the footballer donating £500.000 to the NHS and €500.000 to the Spanish hospital.

The bad...well the government for starters, who are literally keeping themselves safe in their pampered lifestyles, still claiming expenses, getting a pay rise, and doing bugger all for it...the total botch job, the misleading statements...is the PPE en route from Turkey today??...yea,but no,but yea, but ok we haven't ordered it yet!! The lack of resourcing from British firms with stockpiles of the stuff...the care homes abandoned of support etc...etc..

The downright ugly...apart from the above 8-)...the likes of VICTORIA BECKHAM...claiming furlough for her staff from the taxpayers ....then thinks she's doing well for not taking a salary, and offering to donate 20% of her profits from a company that doesn't make any...RICHARD BRANSON...worth 4billion, also wants a better deal loan from the taxpayers, he could get one from any bank...DONALD TRUMP...the loon who seriously thinks injecting disinfectant is a good idea, all that bleaching of his hair is starting to affect him...this man also has a finger on that big red button  :o

Hmm....wonder if the CEO's of all these supermarkets will be donating their bonus' this year ??Maybe R'Dave will forgo his golden handshake next month  :D
« Last Edit: 25-04-20, 09:41AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: The good, the bad and the downright ugly!!
« Reply #1 on: 25-04-20, 10:09AM »
I have no doubt it will be the low and average pay employees who will again bare the burden of getting the country out of the debt that this will leave it in.

My experience is that councils view Covid-19 as a gift from above, I guarantee any correspondence from a council will begin "due to the Corona virus " and on and on .......................
  >:(  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 25-04-20, 12:35PM »
Exactly my sentiments yesterday, when I received an email from a, long established, newly contracted out garden waste recycling with my local council. £35 annual charge, paid in January for collections to start beginning of April...first collection missed due to supply issues with Covid-19....followed by non delivery of bins...company completely incommunicado...second collection missed due to "vehicle breakdown"...still some bins awaiting delivery due to "later subscribers flooding the I.T. System creating system errors with postcode collection"...all bins delivered by Saturday 25th...nope, even with the local council collectors helping them deliver them...then updated email yesterday thanking everyone for their patience blaming these unprecedented times, Covid - 19 for the problems!!  >:(

My return email stated I found their using Covid-19 as an extremely unsavoury excuse, especially as the local council refuse and other recycling teams have managed to turn out, week in, week out, as the professional key workers they are  :thumbup:

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #3 on: 25-04-20, 04:35PM »
Don't get me started on councils bin collection, garden waste collection, footpaths blocked by parked cars, gutters blocked by weeds/grass growth, paths reduced in width by the spread of verges etc etc.

I don't want to bore members.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 25-04-20, 07:50PM »
Ugly is the attitude of some people it has to be said, one old bloke who me told he would not be waiting in a q to get into the store the other week "this is a farce, I've had my kids had my life and done all I want, if it happens it happens and until then I have the right to go into a shop without the staff making me wait" he then attempted to get into the store and was asked to leave, walked out ranting about its a sad day when shelf stackers can tell people what to do.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 25-04-20, 10:43PM »
Said shelf stackers don’t really get the best treatment from our employers do we ......... let them moan,just another day in paradise.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #6 on: 26-04-20, 07:50AM »
Well just wait untill all go back to say 'normal'. People without jobs or with f***ed finances turn into cheap places to do their shopping. We big stores  loose clients so profits go down. That means no OT/new workers in the store. That extra 10% we recieve will be given back thrue harder/more stresfull work.
And yes to restore finanases we might have to pay more in bills etc.
OR....!!! instead of paying more we can have few CLAPPING days. Hey TAX man here is five CLAPS from me. Great job!!!!

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #7 on: 26-04-20, 11:19AM »
Ugly is the attitude of some people it has to be said, one old bloke who me told he would not be waiting in a q to get into the store the other week "this is a farce, I've had my kids had my life and done all I want, if it happens it happens and until then I have the right to go into a shop without the staff making me wait" he then attempted to get into the store and was asked to leave, walked out ranting about its a sad day when shelf stackers can tell people what to do.
that chap is a ***** ******

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 27-04-20, 10:15AM »
Well just wait untill all go back to say 'normal'. People without jobs or with f***ed finances turn into cheap places to do their shopping. We big stores  loose clients so profits go down. That means no OT/new workers in the store. That extra 10% we recieve will be given back thrue harder/more stresfull work.
And yes to restore finanases we might have to pay more in bills etc.
OR....!!! instead of paying more we can have few CLAPPING days. Hey TAX man here is five CLAPS from me. Great job!!!!

Our bottle bank is filling up the same day it's emptied. Loads of money in the area for alcohol. Could it be credit cards hit hard.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 27-04-20, 12:10PM »
Well they may as well enjoy themselves during the restrictions.
" do you want an other one? "
" oh no thanks, I'm watching my figure and abstaining from drink, want to be slim and sober when they add me to the statistics, and don't want to be a nuisance to the credit card company, if I'm not around to pay the balance"  8)

Modena

« Reply #10 on: 25-05-20, 05:11AM »
I wondered what people's thoughts were, in the last two months we have been taking out over 700 kg every day., We also have taken on more customers doing 13 sometimes 14 when we go out the picking manager tells me on average they would do around 380 trollies they are now doing700, she tells me this is like Christmas every day, surely If this continues Tesco's will look at a decent pay rise .

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 25-05-20, 08:05AM »
Yes that maybe the fact more dot com trollies but look how few customers come in taking are only up by about 100000 in our store that is only because it is bulk shopping not basket shops like it used to be if we were doing so well would mean others are doing just as well because people are only shopping once a week not multiple times.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 25-05-20, 08:56AM »
Also people are doing their big weekly shop in only one supermarket...whereas before many would get bits from different retailers, throughout the week, they now go to the one they prefer, either cost wise or more convenient, and doing without their one or two favourite brands only available at other supermarkets.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 25-05-20, 09:09AM »
And getting back to the topic subject....

The good...NHS, care workers and key workers
The bad...Ooh that's a toughy...see below :P
The downright ugly....in joint last position Boris Johnson and that scruffy, despicable excuse of a man, Dominic Cummings...

So if the police had stopped him en route to his parents home with a Covid suffering passenger on board...would they have been condemned for telling him to turn around, fining and reporting him to social services for putting his child in a car in close proximity to the passenger with Covid 19?? And they all managed the whole journey without a stop off for a toilet break, especially with a child  :-X
« Last Edit: 25-05-20, 09:12AM by lucgeo »

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #14 on: 26-05-20, 12:39PM »
haha, 4 hours in a car with a 4 year old who doesnt even need the loo once?!?

Like does he think he is the only person in the country with a kid? can barely manage 2 hours before my kids tell me they are busting for the loo

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #15 on: 26-05-20, 02:04PM »
I won't be long I'm just going for a 60 mile drive to test my eyes.  :-X
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 26-05-20, 02:17PM »
Over 700,000 have signed a petition to sack him that’s in 2 days .

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 26-05-20, 07:40PM »
700,001 >:D

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 26-05-20, 07:42PM »
this is why there will always be "us and them" in every job >:(. we see it regularly in ours :-X
« Last Edit: 26-05-20, 07:44PM by lackofinterest »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 26-05-20, 08:35PM »
I won't be long I'm just going for a 60 mile drive to test my eyes.  :-X

Suprised some of the reporters didn't ask more specific questions such as....can't your wife drive?...why did you leave under the cover of darkness? why say it was to avoid hostile reporters? They weren't outside until the news broke of your gallivanting! ...why did you decide to return to no.10 that afternoon, after you thought your wife had corona virus?...who's idea was it to change the slogan from stay at home to stay alert?...and when?...hmm...perhaps they did, I lost interest in hearing the timelines after about ten mins 8-)
« Last Edit: 26-05-20, 08:43PM by lucgeo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk