Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 11:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46210
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Manager review grades date  (Read 3909 times)

BIMB

• VLH Supporter
Manager review grades date
« on: 18-04-20, 02:45PM »
Hi,

Wondering if Managers have had their end of year review and if anyone knows the date that your grade needs to be submitted by???

trolleyboy96

• Know All
Re: Manager review grades date
« Reply #1 on: 18-04-20, 06:06PM »
Found out ours where submitted back in week 49, still no end of year reviews yet...

BIMB

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 18-04-20, 06:21PM »
Hmm this is why I'm trying to find out because you can't be given a grade if you haven't had a review. Completely beats the purpose of a performance related pay review 🙄

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 18-04-20, 06:31PM »
Happens every year....our managers haven’t had a touch point or end of year since the new system came in 3 years ago? Qtr reviews hit and miss before then..the only time anything is mentioned is when you hear a manager is suddenly on performance management this lasts 8 weeks then disappears,

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 19-04-20, 02:40AM »
They're diluting SM salarys in Express, pushing out established SMs and replacing them with Options SMs on 23-27k a year, clearly a cost cutting exercise. Only SMs recently appointed on more than 36k a year in Express are transfers from Superstore.
« Last Edit: 19-04-20, 02:41AM by NightAndDay »

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 19-04-20, 07:56AM »
No they are not, you just love to make your sweeping statements don’t you, again with no facts .

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #6 on: 19-04-20, 10:27AM »
Speaking of pay reviews etc...

Has anything been discussed/published about our bonus and date we are getting it this year?

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #7 on: 19-04-20, 10:30AM »
But with regards to you're Eoy review if you do not have an end of year review you have no choice but to be green.

If you dont know why you are red (ie. Not been documented on the review form) they cannot put you down as red.

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 19-04-20, 11:04AM »
Yes back to the original question if you haven’t had one you would have to be a met performer as they can’t deny you a payrise without having reviewed your performance. That’s their fault not yours

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 19-04-20, 11:07AM »
2% and it was on store comms a little while ago

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 19-04-20, 11:25AM »
The 2% is the bonus

BIMB

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #11 on: 19-04-20, 11:34AM »
Yes back to the original question if you haven’t had one you would have to be a met performer as they can’t deny you a payrise without having reviewed your performance. That’s their fault not yours

Yeah that's what I'm Worried about. But if I can find out the date I can raise a grievance if its been submitted without giving me a opportunity to discuss my performance.

BIMB

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #12 on: 19-04-20, 11:37AM »
Happens every year....our managers haven’t had a touch point or end of year since the new system came in 3 years ago? Qtr reviews hit and miss before then..the only time anything is mentioned is when you hear a manager is suddenly on performance management this lasts 8 weeks then disappears,

This is worrying and completely not the process. If you don't get a review or haven't been through SYP you can't be classed as a missed. Really pisses me off that the management I talk to get treated this way because its not the tesco way and managers are not being treated with respect. 😡

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 19-04-20, 12:08PM »
It’s frustrating as it stops the good ones getting exceed, and stops the poor ones been managed correctly, getting rid of qtr reviews was a crazy decision and should never of happened, all it’s done is shown how some lead team aren’t up to the job.

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #14 on: 19-04-20, 12:49PM »
Yes definitely grounds for a grievance if they have done that and not told you

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 19-04-20, 01:36PM »
No they are not, you just love to make your sweeping statements don’t you, again with no facts .

This is what's happening in group 811 at least, can't say for the rest of the country.

Me2015

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 19-04-20, 05:18PM »
Reviews are decided well before the EOY and sent away so they can create the bonus and wage rise letters.

This should not be a surprise for you especially if you have had touch points ect and if not, as stated you should always be Met, if not you have a right to appeal this and challenge any Not Met grade should that be the case!

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 19-04-20, 08:54PM »
If it is then it is a maverick approach that won’t last long . Retention rates will show that it is a poor decision and not a company approach which always takes into consideration market rates when deciding

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 19-04-20, 09:51PM »
It’s frustrating as it stops the good ones getting exceed, and stops the poor ones been managed correctly, getting rid of qtr reviews was a crazy decision and should never of happened, all it’s done is shown how some lead team aren’t up to the job.

How often are reviews meant to happen now then? With the cutting of the amount of SOMs last year I can't see how they're meant to effectively monitor SM performance or coach effectively. If there is only supposed to be one review a year, how can they expect the feedback to be effectively used without constant monitoring and continuous feedback, I would even go as far to say that from a legal perspective, they might be treading murky waters with SYP or not mets without due notice.

Me2015

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 19-04-20, 10:06PM »
One complete EOY with regular Touch Points should there be performance issues identified

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #20 on: 20-04-20, 12:48PM »
Sorry to ask a different question again but I cant seem to start a thread on it, I've been off for a few months now so not seen store comms, do we have the details on the bonus payment date?

[admin]Starting a new thread/topic, please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]
« Last Edit: 20-04-20, 02:14PM by Nomad »

Me2015

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #21 on: 20-04-20, 03:37PM »
Bonus paid for managers at the end of May, 29th

Me2015

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 20-04-20, 03:39PM »
If it is then it is a maverick approach that won’t last long . Retention rates will show that it is a poor decision and not a company approach which always takes into consideration market rates when deciding
This had always been the case, for as long as I can remember manager grades were collated by PM and sent off to the office.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 23-04-20, 07:44AM »
I reckon my personal circumstances will go like this....
1) called to store manager's office and handed letter about pay deal.
2) open letter and discover got a pay rise based on my review.
3) point out ain't had a review this year.
4) sat down by ST and have a few points quickly put on paper to justify grade with a apology for the oversight.
5) Fast forward12 months and repeat......

....and they wonder why Tesco have issues with poor performing managers and high achievers not being stretched.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 23-04-20, 10:18AM »
Makes you wonder why no SMs or AMs are going to the effort of doing the review process properly, the cynic in me would analyse their current ways of working in this regard and see it as a retention game playing into their cost cutting strategy. It seems that either you don't get reviewed unless you are abysmally bad or you've been chocolate in your review managers peanut butter. Very political, they can't get away with not giving anyone a raise ( otherwise they'll leave for a competitor or a job elsewhere) but at the same time will get rid of the undesirables/ people whos face doesn't fit.
« Last Edit: 23-04-20, 10:26AM by NightAndDay »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk