Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 11:15AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46210
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Name them and shame them!!  (Read 5753 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Name them and shame them!!
« on: 30-03-20, 01:34PM »
I think when this pandemic is over, and things start going back to some sort of normality, the companies that have been profiteering should be named and shamed...

Reading reports of how the prices for PPE from suppliers have been rising is criminal in my opinion. If they have supplies, they should be offering them at the usual set price, their costs haven't increased, neither have their profit margins decreased.

There are plenty of companies that have been placed under lockdown, their staff are available to help produce these supplies, and be earning.

Profiteering on the backs of the needy is a disgrace.
« Last Edit: 30-03-20, 01:36PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Name them and shame them!!
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-20, 01:56PM »
Well lets start naming and shaming with Tosco and one example of there prices , charging 50p for a packet of Paracetamol that you can buy from Home Bargains , B and M and other stores for around  25P - 30P for the same pack ? . Is that not profiteering and greed ?. :-X :-X

And i for one will be boycotting two of my local shops that have closed that sell newspapers , groceries , cigarettes , confectionery and alcohol etc , the government have not told independent shops to close -  if they want to close that's there choice - but if they can not be bothered to serve the local community when there needed the most , then all the community should boycott them when they do decide to reopen the same as i will be doing . Normally i would support the independents but not on this occurrence .

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 30-03-20, 04:06PM »
To name and shame Tosco again , as has been asked by Cream Crackered in the the thread   " Restricted Supermarket Opening Hours "  just why are the none food / clothing departments open are they not profiteering and taking advantage of other retailers who have had to close the very same shops ?  :o ??? :-X

As always with Tosco profits and Greed come first . :-X :-X

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 30-03-20, 04:20PM »
A small independent store might have closed due to having to go into isolation. We have a big pool of people to cover shifts but they often don't have that luxury. They could also just not be able to comply with the health guidelines.
Different brands of paracetamol cost different prices. There are cheaper ones but they sell out first. Some are coated and you pay for that, some are round and they are cheaper but the easy to swallow ones do cost more. Some are called paracetamol+ but they only have added caffeine but cost extra. Exact same brand at different prices can be compared but as a company we can't be cheaper on every single product we sell. We have to make a profit to exist.

blackberry

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-20, 08:25PM »
Sainsbury’s charging 70p for the equivalent box of paracetamol. That’s when it’s in stock of course  :)

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 30-03-20, 09:20PM »
Paracetamol comes from india mainly and they stopped exporting. they supply 60% of the worlds supply. Hence the price increase.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 30-03-20, 09:52PM »
If the Paracetamol comes from India how come there's early price increases on old stocks / supply's ? , any new supply's would still be in a cargo container - lorry somewhere on route from India surely ? , any idea who supply's the other 40 per cent and is profiteering so they can be named / shamed ?

Queenpeggy

« Reply #7 on: 30-03-20, 10:20PM »
In my pharmacy we used to sell a box of 32 paracetamol caplets for 45p. The capsules were 65p. Since this virus alert, we were sold out overnight. As soon as we restocked we were out of stock. Then our suppliers were out of stock for over a week. The caplets are now starting to come back into stock but we can only order a limited quantity at a time.  The trade price from the despatch note is now more than what we used to sell them at. That same box is now retailing at £1.50. It is not us fleecing the customers, as so many think.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #8 on: 31-03-20, 01:00AM »
If the Paracetamol comes from India how come there's early price increases on old stocks / supply's ? , any new supply's would still be in a cargo container - lorry somewhere on route from India surely ? , any idea who supply's the other 40 per cent and is profiteering so they can be named / shamed ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/coronavirus-triggers-sharp-rise-in-price-of-pain-relief-medication

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 31-03-20, 02:22AM »
Well lets start naming and shaming with Tosco and one example of there prices , charging 50p for a packet of Paracetamol that you can buy from Home Bargains , B and M and other stores for around  25P - 30P for the same pack ? . Is that not profiteering and greed ?. :-X :-X

And i for one will be boycotting two of my local shops that have closed that sell newspapers , groceries , cigarettes , confectionery and alcohol etc , the government have not told independent shops to close -  if they want to close that's there choice - but if they can not be bothered to serve the local community when there needed the most , then all the community should boycott them when they do decide to reopen the same as i will be doing . Normally i would support the independents but not on this occurrence .

And yet you work for them. Supplying your labour for what I'm sure you believe to be poor recompense, all to help Tesco "profit from this situation".

Hypocrite.

Why not get a job with a company that has morals you agree with? Leave the filthy Tesco behind you.

It couldn't be because nobody else would have you could it? In my younger days it was difficult to get a job with Tesco, you had to be smart, capable, hard working and dedicated.
Nowadays they let any god's amount of s*** work for them and it breaks my heart to see this once fine, upstanding bastion of excellence employing people that a few years ago we would have never allowed to even shop with us.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 31-03-20, 08:18AM »
100% agree nowanexmgr, during the end of my tenure, the newer members seemed more interested in showimg their bare bottoms on instagram and resigning in 2 momths because their mummy and daddy didn't like the managers giving them jobs to do.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 31-03-20, 09:29AM »
@ Nowanexmgr

Sorry i do not supply labour for them as i no longer work for them , i have not worked for them for a good number of years , The shop is one of many that are located in close proximity to other shops where i live , so if the price is wrong i leave it on the shelves and go else where , i am lucky enough to have plenty of choice where to spend my money ( if the prices are right ).

I now have a job with comfortable hours working Monday to Friday only with no night shifts / late shifts etc  , a team of staff who work together - pull together and socialize well together , pleasant surroundings , and we all get given respect , the company i work for has morals . Morals that adhere to government guidelines and close the premises to protect the employee whilst still paying them . So  yes i left the filthy Tosco behind me and some one did employ me , i was one of the people who was smart , hard working and dedicated until the shower of _ hite managers and KPI'S made me want to leave , and now i have left i can assure you the grass is very green on my side of the road / fence , i have never looked back since leaving . Most of the s**** as you call it that works for them are the Management - whom half of them couldn't manage to find there way out of the car park with out a Sat Nav .
Like i have said i am a customer whose money can go into any business or store  i choose to spend it in subject to the price being right and i am not robbed on price .
I am not one of Tosco's Brown nosed bitches and never have been , i got out because i would not kiss butt and i got the opportunity to better myself .
« Last Edit: 31-03-20, 09:34AM by just curious »

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 31-03-20, 09:49AM »
And yet you are showing zero unstanding against your local traders under these unprecedented times. Small businesses may not be able to stay open, unable to comply with rules. Even have isolation or even be suffering from the virus. Sales on certain lines have been unprecedented. To source and restock is not always that simple and does have cost implications explained above.
Show some team playing yourself. Show some sympathy and understanding to retailers during this difficult time. You may have moved on but this site is to support and help those who do. It is not a site to abuse the hard working colleagues still in retail even if you are an ex-colleague.
We are not perfect but it's our company and they have on the whole been good to colleagues compared to what we hear from others. You have left, you have no idea what it's like now. Take your negativity with you. Move on, find a sillier site for your own company and move to that.

Ottoman

« Reply #13 on: 31-03-20, 10:25AM »
Tesco have been brilliant in all of this -- sick pay from day one for isolating colleagues, full pay for 12 weeks staying at home for vulnerable colleagues and a 10% bonus for those working. Oh, and 15% discount for a month. Tesco are treating their colleagues better than a lot of employers.

hesketh

• Know All
« Reply #14 on: 31-03-20, 11:00AM »
  just why are the none food / clothing departments open are they not profiteering and taking advantage of other retailers who have had to close the very same shops ?  :o ??? :-X

Because people still need those products and the smaller stores are closed......

Instead of being so anti-Tesco why not look for the good in things. Yes we make a profit, but do you really think the small stores are altruistic saints? They are much more expensive and, in most cases, make a much higher percentage profit  too.
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 31-03-20, 11:45AM »
Another one...

Hates the company that supplies employment to hundreds of thousands of people, keeping the economy going, providing a service to the vulnerable in our society, and - surprise surprise - now has a job with better money and better hours and better culture but still feels the need to come onto a site dedicated to Tesco workers (no doubt because he or she "still cares about my old colleagues" - they always use that one) and s**g off the company and many of those colleagues including the managers that provided him with the training and experience and imparted the self discipline that enabled him or her to get the mythical new job with better hours/pay/atmosphere/managers/and prospects.

Hilarious.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-20, 11:54AM »
News flash, for those who will not see.

People, families, towns, and countries all survived and prospered before Tesco existed, and have continued to do so even when said company is no longer part of their life.
« Last Edit: 31-03-20, 11:55AM by Nomad »
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 31-03-20, 12:34PM »
Another one...

Hates the company that supplies employment to hundreds of thousands of people, keeping the economy going, providing a service to the vulnerable in our society, and - surprise surprise - now has a job with better money and better hours and better culture but still feels the need to come onto a site dedicated to Tesco workers (no doubt because he or she "still cares about my old colleagues" - they always use that one) and s**g off the company and many of those colleagues including the managers that provided him with the training and experience and imparted the self discipline that enabled him or her to get the mythical new job with better hours/pay/atmosphere/managers/and prospects.

Hilarious.

Funny thing is seem to recall you leaving for a mythical new highly paid job..before Tosco begged you to return on a better terms when you returned...pot and kettle springs to mind. :-X :-X
The worlds me lobster

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 31-03-20, 01:01PM »
Although not under my own heading...I have nothing but PRAISE for my local small Tesco after my weekly shop today. I'd been unsuccessful in the first few weeks of the pandemic to secure a full shop from there, so travelled to the nearby big town for supplies.

As I only needed top up basics today, I arrived mid morning to total order and calm. The "Alton towers" queuing system was well planned. The store manager was outside chatting to people, answering questions, advising on the instore one way system, all with a cheery smile, even when he was tactfully explaining to a minority of couples why they shouldn't be shopping together.

There was plenty of choice, even shelves of toilet rolls, which I noted very few of us purchased, others only took the one pack. Hand soaps and anti bac wipes shelves were still empty, as were most laundry products.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 31-03-20, 01:26PM »
Another one...

Hilarious.

Funny thing is seem to recall you leaving for a mythical new highly paid job..before Tosco begged you to return on a better terms when you returned...pot and kettle springs to mind. :-X :-X

I was offered redundancy and was happy to take it as, amongst other reasons, it meant the chance somebody else didn't then have to leave.

I did indeed end up with a better paid job elsewhere (in part because of the excellent grounding I had been lucky enough to get from being a manager for one of the world's leading retailers) but was asked to come back by my SD and old SM. I agreed to return as the company agreed to reinstate my length of service in light of any future redundancy situation (except the statutory pay part). I also negotiated a decent payrise on my old salary, albeit still not as much as my new job but I was prepared to sacrifice a few grand a year in order to get back to Tesco.

I was happy to come back. Money isn't everything , albeit it does carry importance. I missed the cut and thrust of top level retail.  It was like coming home.

I always think of it as not so much my choosing Tesco , more a case of Tesco choosing me.

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest.
« Last Edit: 31-03-20, 01:31PM by Nowanexmgr »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 31-03-20, 04:50PM »
Another one...

Hilarious.
Verylittlehelps.com 2002 - 2020, is not a Tesco staff forum ! 
It is an independent forum for Tesco staff (and interested parties). 
There were 2,502,409 hits on VLH during Feb 2020

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #21 on: 31-03-20, 06:11PM »
Not sure what the point is there fella.

Doesn't change the fact this guy is coming into a site for Tesco staff and managers and slagging the company off whilst anyone can see that our wonderful board are playing an absolute blinder in their handling of this terrible crisis.

I've never ever been more proud of this magnificent company. A true example of a board and collection of senior execs doing their utmost to support our staff and customers in very difficult times.

We're all lucky to work for them. I wouldn't swap them for the world.

[gmod]Insults removed.[/gmod]
« Last Edit: 31-03-20, 09:37PM by Nomad »

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 31-03-20, 06:34PM »
Shame they don’t look after the bakers who are going through a tough time at present.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 31-03-20, 10:27PM »
Not sure what the point is there fella.

Doesn't change the fact this guy is coming into a site for Tesco staff and managers and slagging the company off whilst anyone can see that our wonderful board are playing an absolute blinder in their handling of this terrible crisis.

I've never ever been more proud of this magnificent company. A true example of a board and collection of senior execs doing their utmost to support our staff and customers in very difficult times.

We're all lucky to work for them. I wouldn't swap them for the world.

Insults removed.
There were no insults in my post.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 31-03-20, 11:52PM »
In this case I agree with you, Tesco is handling this quite well considering. The only point I disagree with you on is the labelling of this forum as a dedicated staff forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk