Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-05-20, 02:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46191
  • Total Topics: 935
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 108
Total: 113

Author Topic: Panic buying  (Read 4200 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Panic buying
« on: 23-03-20, 11:58AM »
I just read on FB what I think to be a great suggestion, lock away the trollies shopping can only be done with baskets.  That will 'mostly' effect the greedy shoppers.

Any other workable ideas  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

darklighter

• Know All
Re: Panic buying
« Reply #1 on: 23-03-20, 12:17PM »
No more multi-packs of 32 rolls, a 4 pk should be enough depending on household numbers.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 23-03-20, 12:18PM »
Nice idea but that will cause riots. Have to act like a relief valve and allow some purchasing.

We were quite quiet after the initial mass nhs hit on sunday and then the 10am rush.

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 23-03-20, 05:10PM »
Today has been very quiet to be honest, we still had some stock of bread today, potatoes etc, but no tinned beans, tinned tomatoes, rice, pasta, cleaning stuff and toilet rolls.

Hopefully we might be at a turning point, where we start having a bit more stock on the shelves.

CLEARERskies

« Reply #4 on: 23-03-20, 05:23PM »
Quiet all day today except 6-8am. It’s been like a ghost town.. I think the panic buying might just be slowing down.

smileymiley

« Reply #5 on: 23-03-20, 07:35PM »
I think it will be getting more to normal levels in the next week.
 The hoarders haven't got the money to  keep on buying the amounts that they have. What does get in my craw is the amount of fresh food that will be thrown away because these morons can't eat it all!!!
Cheers

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 23-03-20, 08:12PM »
Quiet all day today except 6-8am. It’s been like a ghost town.. I think the panic buying might just be slowing down.
Its going to ramp up after tonight.

arlo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 23-03-20, 08:52PM »
Should be limiting customers coming into shop

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
« Reply #8 on: 23-03-20, 08:58PM »
Should be limiting customers coming into shop

They should be. Im guessing its slowdown as we are on the last week before people get paid. This weekend will be mayhem being payday for most.

Kingkong2015

« Reply #9 on: 23-03-20, 09:22PM »
Simple stop the idiots of all ages shopping in the f*cking middle of the aisles and those who think they’re on their holidays wiping shelves of products as it’s great for Tesco’s financial situation but not great for employees.

Mathias casablancas

« Reply #10 on: 23-03-20, 10:07PM »
 No real clear outlines on food shopping from Boris.

"Leave home only to shop for basic necessities "

That leaves wiggle room for more mental scenes in supermarkets this weekend but now everything else has closed Supermarkets will be the only place now which will cause outrage in the press. So hopefully this weekend will be the end of it because I imagine the government and Tesco/asda ect are going to get nailed by the press now

jack_cohens_shame

« Reply #11 on: 24-03-20, 10:12AM »
Supermarkets seem to be the biggest flaw in the current strategies to restrict movement and contact. What has been happening in and around stores over the past week or so goes against all the advice being given out. A definite reassessment of the supermarket situation is required by both the company bosses and the Government to stop the panic buying and the masses of people crowding the stores and putting themselves and the staff at increased risk.
« Last Edit: 24-03-20, 10:17AM by jack_cohens_shame »

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 24-03-20, 10:59AM »
Panic buying in our store seemed to be a bit less extreme yesterday, fresh and household items all sold out, but grocery and frozen seemed to have settled down a little, maybe just a lull or people running out of room in the cupboards and freezers to store everything.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Spidercatcher

« Reply #13 on: 24-03-20, 11:17AM »
Supermarkets seem to be the biggest flaw in the current strategies to restrict movement and contact. What has been happening in and around stores over the past week or so goes against all the advice being given out. A definite reassessment of the supermarket situation is required by both the company bosses and the Government to stop the panic buying and the masses of people crowding the stores and putting themselves and the staff at increased risk.

Yes I agree. I keep waiting for this issue to be addressed on the Coronavirus Daily Updates on the BBC, but as yet, nothing. I don't believe for one minute that 'them upstairs' aren't aware of our very real and valid fears and concerns about our own safety. Why don't we supermarket workers matter either to the government or our own bosses? 

So many advisors horrified at the sight of a few people gathered on a beach, or in some town, are they not aware of the crowds in supermarkets?

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 24-03-20, 12:40PM »
I went to my local Boots store today, bearing in mind it is a large store, they were only letting one customer in at a time to shop and one to the pharmacy. Yes there was a queue but it was outside the store and people were observing the distance rule and there were mainly people alone. Tesco needs to sort out the mass of people they are letting in, the virus will spread quickly in supermarkets if something isn't done asap...think of the staff for God's sake

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 24-03-20, 03:57PM »
I was at the nearby town's asda this morning, about 11 am to get weeks shop. It was very quiet, lots of choice for fresh meat, fruit and veg. Toilet roll aisle closed off and lady handing out packs, I actually got a pack of 24 :o and a pack of kitchen roll.
Not a lot of tinned veg etc...customers keeping to side of aisle, and apart from the odd nutter, kept their distance from one another. Dot com pickers waited for ample space before moving, keeping away from customers.
People respecting the distance spacing whilst waiting at checkout. In fact it was all very calm and well organised.
Keep well and safe everyone  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-20, 08:06AM »
our stock levels have now gone mad with pallets of beans,tuna,baby wipes ect,but with limited customers each day,it's going to take us months to get rid of it all

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 31-03-20, 03:22PM »
We've still got a few panic buyers. Waiting for two hours before the shop opens. Shivering and holding a woolly scarf over their mouths. Madness

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk