Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

27-05-20, 04:21AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46240
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 56
Total: 58

Author Topic: Store hours  (Read 11379 times)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
Re: Store hours
« Reply #75 on: 07-04-20, 10:04AM »
If I was told after work to go and join the line in order to do my shopping I would tell them to stick it and will take my money elsewhere.

Great example of compassion and understanding to others. Go queue at another retailer because you are not allowed special treatment is not particularly the attitude that will help us all get through this. Is it one rule for you and if everybody else has to obey the rules it will be ok. We should not go out, we should not have visitors but people are having house parties. These rules are not for everybody else, they are for all.

If there is indeed a rule around this, then it is poorly implemented and not uniform across all stores, many managers have the correct attitude with staff allowing them to pay for what they need before starting shift or other measures to ensure their hard working colleagues are not left out.

As for shopping elsewhere, that's usually the outcome of poor customer service or being poorly treated by someone acting on behalf of your employer, competition is a crucial mechanism in a modern society as it gives the people the means to deprive one and empower another based on merit and politics.

thor god of thunder

« Reply #76 on: 07-04-20, 10:50AM »
i wondered if any stores had moved to any kind of night team? it seems the most logical move to myself and other staff. deliveries are not massive so the work is generally being done...however only as we have so many staff its crazy. you could even let PI do their labels later etc. plus stores could let more customers in the store since less space is taken up by staff filling.

anyone agree? or any stores that have done this at all

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #77 on: 22-04-20, 08:39AM »
We have put on nights, it's not for the size of the deliveries but it's for the congestion. We have nights for five days and normal shifts on the two smallest delivery days. We have not gone to seven nights because we don't have enough managers to take another manager out of days and on to nights for those two days. I am told that it was discussed and voted on by the management team and all voted for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk