Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

27-05-20, 03:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46240
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 69
Total: 73

Author Topic: Store hours  (Read 11377 times)

rogerthedodger

Re: Store hours
« Reply #50 on: 26-03-20, 02:34PM »
You just know the people doing most changes etc have no idea what goes on!
First thing should have been done is cut the stupid 1 1/2 hours breaks to a simply 30 mins on full shift etc, reduce canteen and toilet contamination times etc. But that’s far 2 sensible

rayinski

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #51 on: 26-03-20, 03:21PM »
If you think for one second I'm going to work a nine hour day and have only a half hour break, fraggle off. There have been times when I've only been able to take an hour break due to staffing levels and I'm sure as eggs am not going below that.

As for the staff canteen, in my store we have moved tables so that the 2m distancing is in effect.

Grimbob

« Reply #52 on: 26-03-20, 03:38PM »
First thing should have been done is cut the stupid 1 1/2 hours breaks to a simply 30 mins on full shift etc, reduce canteen and toilet contamination times etc. But that’s far 2 sensible

Company thinking at its quite finest!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 26-03-20, 04:15PM »
If you think for one second I'm going to work a nine hour day and have only a half hour break, fraggle off. There have been times when I've only been able to take an hour break due to staffing levels and I'm sure as eggs am not going below that.

As for the staff canteen, in my store we have moved tables so that the 2m distancing is in effect.

Some full timers, in the past, have been able to negotiate dropping to an 8 hour shift and taking only a 30min break, whilst keeping their short day.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #54 on: 26-03-20, 04:22PM »
now is not the time for dicking about with little custom deals for each individual.

Mathias casablancas

« Reply #55 on: 26-03-20, 04:35PM »

This is the sensible option. The government guidelines state if you cant work from home try to reduce unnecessary hours spent at work. 1.5 hours breaks over a day is a bloody long time anyway. It has always been a blatant way for the company to steal extra working time from you. How many times have you worked on a saturday or sunday and only been able to take half your breaks because its been so busy/understaffed and you havent been paid for them

blueberet

« Reply #56 on: 26-03-20, 04:49PM »
I don't get why people don't take their full break, it isn't your problem the store is understaffed and by not taking your full break the problem isn't addressed.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 26-03-20, 05:04PM »
now is not the time for dicking about with little custom deals for each individual.

Would have thought now is the ideal time for "dicking about" with individual mutual hour arrangements. They shouldn't be adding an hour to a shift to keep people there longer anyway, it's in the RHRP agreements. As the staffing levels are reduced, the amount of people unable to take their full quota now, will get a lot worse. Those who stick to their guns and take the full amount, are very few.

Unsure why you think now is not the right time?? When would you suggest "dicking about " open season should commence  ???

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #58 on: 27-03-20, 08:43AM »
Some colleagues have additional breaks. It can be set up in the system, a lot at checkouts tend to do this. They come in early or stay later but break time is extended.

roughyedspud

« Reply #59 on: 02-04-20, 10:02AM »
Can anyone help me with this..

At my store staff have been told that if they want to any shopping after their shift that they must go outside and queue up with the rest of the customers...even if it's just for a pint of milk..

Is this a company wide policy???

jack_cohens_shame

« Reply #60 on: 02-04-20, 10:07AM »
Being able to shop without queuing is what I would consider one of the perks of working there. if they told me to go outside and join the back of a queue after working a shift I would tell them to go and self copulate.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 02-04-20, 10:29AM »

At my store staff have been told that if they want to any shopping after their shift that they must go outside and queue up with the rest of the customers...even if it's just for a pint of milk..

Ask them for their reasoning behind this, to explain why? It could be the monitoring of shoppers per aisle, especially if you're store is operating a "one in, one out" policy?
However, I think someone is being over zealous here, fail to see the logic of making a member of their own team, go out of the building, to queue to re enter?
Perhaps the answer is to shop in your break...take your packed food and drink with you, as if you're on a 15 minute break, ( unpaid, so in your own time) you choose to do your shop, then who's fault is it that you are in a queue for an average of 30 minutes  ;)

rogerthedodger

« Reply #62 on: 02-04-20, 10:54AM »

This is the sensible option. The government guidelines state if you cant work from home try to reduce unnecessary hours spent at work. 1.5 hours breaks over a day is a bloody long time anyway. It has always been a blatant way for the company to steal extra working time from you. How many times have you worked on a saturday or sunday and only been able to take half your breaks because its been so busy/understaffed and you havent been paid for them

It’s awful social distancing in canteen not enough room for people to eat/sit safely not enough toilets to do the same! But Tesco still making people take 1hr 30 minutes of unpaid time to stay in the building absolutely thoughtless and dangerous

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #63 on: 02-04-20, 10:58AM »
Being able to shop without queuing is what I would consider one of the perks of working there. if they told me to go outside and join the back of a queue after working a shift I would tell them to go and self copulate.

That's not the case in our store, we are all doing our shopping at the end of shift without having to queue. 

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #64 on: 02-04-20, 08:44PM »
It’s awful social distancing in canteen not enough room for people to eat/sit safely not enough toilets to do the same! But Tesco still making people take 1hr 30 minutes of unpaid time to stay in the building absolutely thoughtless and dangerous
Who is making you stay in the building during your breaks?
« Last Edit: 02-04-20, 08:45PM by gomezz »
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

rogerthedodger

« Reply #65 on: 02-04-20, 09:45PM »
The government mainly. You really are a sad little man 😂

BarryZola

« Reply #66 on: 02-04-20, 09:54PM »

If they want to be petty and treat you like this then wouldn't it be a shame if you were to conveniently develop a cough and a temperature and have to advise them that you won't be in work for at least a week. They're lucky we're still turning up and putting ourselves at risk of serious harm. The least they can do is not make our lives harder than they need to be.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #67 on: 02-04-20, 10:06PM »
Sounds like you’ve got some right appreciative twats running your store,we’ve been told get what you want before your shift and it’s stored......amazed really.There’s enough stress to contend with working for this shower of s*** with the virus going on they need to lighten the f*** up.

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #68 on: 03-04-20, 01:31AM »
We do it during our shifts, and not during breaks either. Our managers are pretty easygoing!

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #69 on: 03-04-20, 09:29AM »

Precisely once: the first Xmas Eve I ever worked, when I had less than six months service. Since then, I take every single break I am contractually entitled to. I don't care how understaffed or busy we are. I'm taking my 1.5.

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #70 on: 03-04-20, 09:36AM »

Certainly not a company wide policy; I doubt even head office could think up something that stupid. Which is really saying something.

I do most of my shopping during 15 minute breaks. 5 minutes to scoff a sandwich, the other 10 to grab a few essentials and pay for them. Do that twice a day and it soon adds up to the point where I can get a lot of the stuff I need, and my day off shopping trip is lighter and faster.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #71 on: 03-04-20, 06:10PM »
If I was told after work to go and join the line in order to do my shopping I would tell them to stick it and will take my money elsewhere.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Halftone84

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #72 on: 06-04-20, 11:31PM »
It could be the monitoring of shoppers per aisle, especially if you're store is operating a "one in, one out" policy?

Still technically the same amount of people in the shop though while you're working.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #73 on: 07-04-20, 03:56AM »
If I was told after work to go and join the line in order to do my shopping I would tell them to stick it and will take my money elsewhere.

Great example of compassion and understanding to others. Go queue at another retailer because you are not allowed special treatment is not particularly the attitude that will help us all get through this. Is it one rule for you and if everybody else has to obey the rules it will be ok. We should not go out, we should not have visitors but people are having house parties. These rules are not for everybody else, they are for all.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #74 on: 07-04-20, 09:41AM »
Same example of compassion and understanding being shown by the store. They are key workers!! What special treatment ??? The colleagues are already in the building, if anything they are suffering a detriment because they are colleagues.
As for joining the queue, so straight away, they are unnecessarily adding to the length of time the customers are waiting, and risking further uneccesary contaminated contact!
"We should not go out" but ok to go to work, and then pushed out the backdoor to go join a queue, 'coz them's the rules' what rules?? There are no rules on where you can shop, so if a colleague takes their business elsewhere, they are joining that queue instead. They're not in both queues are they?
As far as shopping is concerned, there are suggestions and guidance...no rules!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk