Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

29-09-20, 02:14PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6894
  • Latest: Asad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48428
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 67
Total: 70

Author Topic: Store hours  (Read 13205 times)

Jasperjakes

• VLH Supporter
Re: Store hours
« Reply #25 on: 21-03-20, 05:10PM »
Maybe start releasing photo's of warehouse stock to the press to deter panic buying as all people are seeing is long queues and empty shelves  :thumbup:

Good idea.

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 21-03-20, 05:22PM »
There's plenty of toilet roll in our DC. By the way, has everyone had the good news email?
Saw it earlier. At least the powers that be have at last recognised the shop staff are taking the flak.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 21-03-20, 05:29PM »
Maybe start releasing photo's of warehouse stock to the press to deter panic buying as all people are seeing is long queues and empty shelves  :thumbup:

Good idea.

Until some hard nosed customers refuse to leave the store until you bring the rest of the stock out of the warehouse  :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Paupers wage

« Reply #28 on: 21-03-20, 07:45PM »
From Monday 23rd All Sainsbury’s stores will reduce opening times to 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, a good idea.

The Guvnor

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 22-03-20, 04:48AM »
Sainsbury's are also offering 1 hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the elderly and vulnerable to do their shopping with carers if needed and now they are also offering 07.30 to 08.00 Monday to Saturday for NHS , care workers, emergency staff etc to get their shopping. This has been announced through the night.
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 22-03-20, 09:08AM »
Now what I'm wondering about is how I'd go about getting elderly relatives shopping in? They say it's for people to shop for the vulnerable etc...but who would know I was getting shopping for them??
I am able to shop anytime for them, and able to incorporate and share our shopping with them. But for some being neighbourly, but restricted on time, how can they get some housebound neighbours shopping in these time slots ???

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 22-03-20, 10:00AM »
I took the advantages of the 9am opening. Ques were huge, now the que for checkout is huge and gone nowhere before 10am. This is a health and safety issue.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #32 on: 22-03-20, 01:04PM »
lucgeo a point I have been concerned with also.  How does one go about getting shopping in for the elderly who also have underlying medical conditions and need to stay in for 12 weeks.  Do those people trying to help them have to 'fight' with all the other "normal" shoppers, and possibly end up with nothing they need.

I consider this whole process has been badly planned and very poorly implemented.  Where are the councils as they have all or most of the information on individuals which would enable them to create a system, it's not like this all started just yesterday.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 24-03-20, 08:59AM »
Once the get a letter to say they are at risk , they can register to have shopping , prescriptions etc delivered . These will then be delivered by council workers and as things get worse , the army . I'm not sure of all the details yet

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #34 on: 24-03-20, 12:13PM »
I wait with baited breath, but not much hope.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 25-03-20, 10:18AM »
If we reduce store trading hours we are restricting the times that people can come shopping rather than spread over a wider period. I do however think this will come but I think it will have to happen due to not having enough colleagues left to serve over the wider period.
I think PFS could go to pay through hatch for fuel but no kiosk sales. This would be for four pumps only with the rest being pay at pump. It could even go as far as single manned closed kiosk and all pay at pump only. There is a balance between workmen, emergency services etc being able to buy meal deals etc and being able to continue to dual man the PFS with trained and experienced colleagues as they continue to also have colleagues going into isolation for either 7 days or 12 weeks. My store now has three PFS colleagues in 12 wks isolation. It's getting harder and harder to dual man the PFS.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 25-03-20, 11:19AM »
There are no perfect solutions to this situation. It is literally unprecedented. In situations like this, perfect is very much the enemy of good.

Tesco, in  my view, have been simply outstanding in the way they have approached this dreadful situation, for both colleagues and customers. Even typing this has made me emotional that I am lucky enough to work for such a magnificent body.
Administrator Comment ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 25-03-20, 12:31PM by Nomad »

Mathias casablancas

« Reply #37 on: 25-03-20, 12:15PM »
Maybe one option to reduce some of the customers would be to have tighter car parking restrictions? Instead of 3 hours reduce it to 1 hour. This would stop people arriving early on a morning and queuing up and would also mean people would spend less time in store spreading their germs. A lot of customers still seem to be treating a trip to the supermarket as a family day out.

Also the parking restriction could maybe only allow you to park one time every 3 days to stop people shopping daily. Although the technology might not be possible for a measure like that.

Should be easy to change 3hours to 1 hour though

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 25-03-20, 12:35PM »
Considering they have turned the car park cameras off I cannot see that happening.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 25-03-20, 12:44PM »
Nice thought, but the only ones to benefit would be the parking eye companies.

Now the schools are shut, it's not ideal for families to be shopping, but a parent can't leave them at home can they? I saw a few out yesterday, with the parents getting so stressed, as kids loose concentration and are easily distracted, so wandered off or started going too close to other shoppers.

I thought the queues were getting less now? Is this not the case in your area?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 25-03-20, 12:46PM »
There are no perfect solutions to this situation. It is literally unprecedented. In situations like this, perfect is very much the enemy of good.

Tesco, in  my view, have been simply outstanding in the way they have approached this dreadful situation, for both colleagues and customers. Even typing this has made me emotional that I am lucky enough to work for such a magnificent body.

;D ;D

@Nowanexmanager

You mind you don't bite that tongue in your cheek  :-X

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #41 on: 25-03-20, 12:49PM »
Don’t know about other stores, but ours was really quiet yesterday, to the point colleagues were thinking customers had finally got the message, but today it’s really busy again so guessing not.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #42 on: 25-03-20, 02:41PM »

;D ;D

@Nowanexmanager

You mind you don't bite that tongue in your cheek  :-X

This forum needs a "like" button..
Stay safe everyone, look after yourselves and your families first and foremost.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #43 on: 25-03-20, 05:08PM »
we had a queue of cars waiting to use the garage car wash today,surely this is not an essential trip,and the company should close them down?

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 25-03-20, 05:18PM »
If you are out already then its another thing getting a clean which makes sense.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #45 on: 26-03-20, 08:27AM »
Huge brief came down yesterday. Whole host of new measures in place.

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #46 on: 26-03-20, 08:43AM »
@Redshoes
Aware of a few,
Pfs  one in out
Restrictions in place re customer numbers in stores
Separate entry and exits

Any others ?

Totot

« Reply #47 on: 26-03-20, 01:16PM »
There is one thing I worry about this queueing system, or more like infrastructure to support it.
When the weather back to "normality" with heavy rain and strong wind, and people queueing outside for so long, that will be asking for trouble.
Even if we dont really care about customer, wet customer with heavy chlothing and umbrellas that make wet everything are another problem inside the shop.

Tesco and other retailer need to thing fast and have solution before start raining again.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 26-03-20, 01:21PM »
Yes maybe we should build 2km of temp tunnels to keep our customers dry. Seriously some of the ideas and thought processes of people on this site really defy belief.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #49 on: 26-03-20, 01:54PM »
 8-) obviously not someone who is familiar with walking to the school at pick up time! The weather is always at its worst for that hour GUARANTEED  :thumbdown:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk