Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-05-20, 02:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46191
  • Total Topics: 935
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 110
Total: 113

Author Topic: Letter regarding coronavirus  (Read 31158 times)

blueberet

Re: Letter regarding coronavirus
« Reply #150 on: 20-03-20, 12:09AM »
Well I guess either my manager is on the ball or is just full of baloney. What we've been told today is that there will be a separate team from the pickers that will be bagging the orders.

We were also told that we are allowed to have a 'service led' conversation with all customers advising that we will be leaving the shopping at the doorstep for them to collect.

dotnochance

« Reply #151 on: 20-03-20, 12:14AM »
Maybe at small stores but my store has been getting average of 400 trollies a day. Can’t see us bagging

Pimpernel19

• That damned, elusive, pimpernel.
« Reply #152 on: 20-03-20, 09:37AM »
No bagged shopping at my store today, but my dotcomedy manager is a couldn't care less knuckle dragger so no surprise there.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #153 on: 20-03-20, 03:46PM »
It is a bit of paradox that there are some many orders with so many items yet each order is only roughly half picked with unavailability being through the roof.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Paupers wage

« Reply #154 on: 20-03-20, 04:00PM »
All shopping will be bagged from next week prior to loading on vans

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #155 on: 20-03-20, 04:15PM »
Where have you heard this from?

blueberet

« Reply #156 on: 20-03-20, 09:05PM »
All shopping was bagged in my store today. I was just dropping all the bags on the door step and customers were happy with the change especially the vulnerable people that were self isolating. Hopefully everyone's store is doing this going forwards

viperex

« Reply #157 on: 20-03-20, 09:35PM »
What are they doing for guys on shop floor filling . on checkouts and pharmacies they have the tape down and keepin 2m distance , but for filling shelves you have customers approaching you and all around you.

Blackcat3

« Reply #158 on: 20-03-20, 10:00PM »
And I think more people will come in as he's closed most other places I believe they should be limiting how many people are in at once Iceland have started doing it and boots were today!!!

Paupers wage

« Reply #159 on: 21-03-20, 12:59PM »
Tesco’s bringing in temporary staff next week to do bagging only prior to loading vans

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #160 on: 21-03-20, 02:54PM »
I hope the customers like flatbread and omelettes.  :(
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Kingkong2015

« Reply #161 on: 23-03-20, 09:27PM »
In relation to Tesco looking extra staff to bag products what about asking those Tesco got rid of over the past couple of years to help out? Somehow I don’t think so!

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #162 on: 25-03-20, 10:06AM »
We have taken people back. We have three ex-colleagues, expecting more.

Pimpernel19

« Reply #163 on: 30-03-20, 04:49PM »
Yeah, seeing quite a few of our x night team back in our store helping out, let's hope that tosserco reward their enthusiasm to help with a meaningful bonus.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #164 on: 30-03-20, 07:42PM »
Lucego , would it not put you in the notion for going back ?? Stock control must be a dream right now , theres nothing to count 🤣🤣

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #165 on: 30-03-20, 07:46PM »
Yeah, seeing quite a few of our x night team back in our store helping out, let's hope that tosserco reward their enthusiasm to help with a meaningful bonus.
The bonus is you have a job when millions in the country havn't

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #166 on: 30-03-20, 08:13PM »
Stock control routines are heavenly right now, no gaps or counts. Just date scan and job 25. But that means we get all the rubbish jobs no one else wants to do haha

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #167 on: 30-03-20, 08:14PM »
Lucego , would it not put you in the notion for going back ?? Stock control must be a dream right now , theres nothing to count 🤣🤣

My other half is a key worker as a postie...they have been given even less PPE than Tesco until today when hand sanitizer was doled out...still no masks or gloves, only stopped van sharing late last week!
Mother in law terminally ill, so I have moved into the spare room, and isolated as much as poss in case my partner goes down with it, then at least I can be on hand for emergency support etc...I have had a big box of vacumn packed meals delivered to her, for her to put in microwave. I only go out once a week for supply of essentials for us.

Had this not been the case, i would not have hesitated in volunteering for helping out in the community when the call went out.  I would however, never offer to go back to my old store. Feedback being the SM is rarely to be seen on the shopfloor, which is typical of her mindset. Her motto being...don't ask, bully and lie everyone into submission! Disciplinaries are still being carried out for the slightest misdemeanours.

Apart from that, she wouldn't have me back anyway, still holds grudges against me from my days as a union rep :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #168 on: 30-03-20, 08:17PM »
Stock control routines are heavenly right now, no gaps or counts. Just date scan and job 25. But that means we get all the rubbish jobs no one else wants to do haha

We used to get all those jobs, on top of our own anyway! SM used to say we had the time, as all we ever did was walk around all day with a piece of paper in our hands  ;D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #169 on: 30-03-20, 08:58PM »
A stressful time you then , I dont know where they get some of these managers , we've had some bad ones but not as bad as i hear on here.  Good luck x
I hope everyone knows i was joking about stock control atm

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #170 on: 30-03-20, 10:01PM »

Hope all stores have corrected the book stock errors / losses whilst the stocks are low - put the true and proper counts in place , and not hidden the losses because the store manager wants to keep there targets for performance etc  ??? ???. If it is not there its not there write it down /off  :-X :-X. Don't want another accounting scandle do we ? :D ;D

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #171 on: 30-03-20, 10:09PM »
The workload suits the hours tbf nice to see thousands wiped off each week just shows it’s all working well...........f****ng place.Who actually gives a f*** anymore.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #172 on: 30-03-20, 11:50PM »
In my store finding a Manager, even duty, is like that game, 'where's Wally', sanctimonious R soles.

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #173 on: 31-03-20, 07:30AM »
As above,at least they are not self isolating in the in store Costa any more. Must have found a new hiding place.

Pimpernel19

« Reply #174 on: 02-04-20, 02:33AM »
Yeah, seeing quite a few of our x night team back in our store helping out, let's hope that Tesco reward their enthusiasm to help with a meaningful bonus.
The bonus is you have a job when millions in the country haven't

Read it again, they should get the bonus like every one else for risking their lives was my point. But they won't. The  humongous bonus will go to big Dave for steering the company through virus infected waters while self shielding in his biotech grade office. Brave lad.

[admin]Edited. If you can't resist calling people names don't post.[/admin]
« Last Edit: 02-04-20, 11:48AM by Nomad »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk