Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

29-09-20, 02:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6894
  • Latest: Asad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48428
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Depression  (Read 10543 times)

King1999

• Know All
Re: Depression
« Reply #25 on: 21-04-20, 03:34PM »
Can I ask are you in a redundancy position with what’s going on with the bakeries?????

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 21-04-20, 05:35PM »
@Satham7

Did you take the ACAS advice of placing a grievance? Did ACAS state that it was indeed a redundancy situation?

When you say "the only role available for me" is it just the one position being offered, with all shifts falling out of your availability window?
Is the department under the umbrella of a larger dept, hence your job role no longer exists in that part of the dept?
Has the other employee, whose hours sit on a different dept,  still retained their hours on your dept??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Statham7

« Reply #27 on: 21-04-20, 08:13PM »
No I'm not in a redundancy position on bakery or anywhere else. My job role just doesn't exist so I'm being told I fall under another department, like you said @lucgeo I'm under the umbrella of a larger department.
I have all the grievance wrote out when all this virus stuff came about & I was informed someone else would be taking over my case & I thought I may actually get somewhere but I'm now in square one again.
Im being offered 1 position in store as that is all they have with 4 different shift patterns on offer, all fall out if my availability, & I have been very flexible in my opinion, I've offered my services over 7 days.
Yes it appears the other employee has retained his hours.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 21-04-20, 10:09PM »
Did you serve the grievance?
Does the other colleague still have their hours sitting on another dept?
Does the other colleague do the same job as you, but only you have been told the job no longer exists?
Are the different hours they are offering you within a two hour window, either side, of the shifts you are doing now?

Statham7

« Reply #29 on: 22-04-20, 05:41PM »
No I didn't serve the grievance, it was written out but as someone new took over the case, I thought things would change.
As far as I am aware the employee is still doing the job I do, so effectively replacing me, although I think he is self isolating for the 12 weeks & if he's contracted to another department I don't know as no-one was prepared to divulge.
 I think they are hoping to brush it under the carpet.
No the hours were not in 2 hour window either side far from it(8-2 and I was offered  10-7,11-8 or 1-10),it is the only day I have given a smaller availability window.
 I only gave my availability last week prior to my meeting and I was given the shifts in the same telephone meeting.
I was informed yesterday I accept one of the proposals or they take it down the next route, which I am assuming means sacking me

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 23-04-20, 10:36AM »
Right you really need to get some support from either a rep, or a colleague with a bit of nowse! A colleague representing you, has the same rights as a union rep, and as such should be recognised as being on par with the manager conducting the interview. This stance Tesco has that colleagues are not able to speak at meetings, or ask questions on your behalf is untrue. They are there as your chosen representative, and as such, should be afforded the same acceptance as a union rep.
What do you mean, no one will divulge?? Why?
Is it just that one day, 8-2 availability, that they are not meeting you halfway with? Are the other shifts in your availability window? Or are you able and willing to do them if not??
Is all this being conducted via telephone calls?? Where are the notes it that is the case?

Cinderella

« Reply #31 on: 07-06-20, 09:17AM »
Did anyone ever find any help with this? I am finding myself increasingly depressed at this company. I’m not contracted or paid for the role I hold, and probably going to be asked to step down when people return from shielding. So I feel used. I’m being bullied by a manager who isn’t on my department, and constantly tries to make me defend my medical condition on the shop floor, when I’ve made it clear I don’t want to talk about it, and will only discuss it with my line manager if it is necessary to do so, and certainly not on the shop floor! They keep changing my shifts to extremely unsociable hours, so I haven’t been able to see friends or family in two years. I feel isolated and depressed, and every single day I dread going in to work. I’m on my way there now, wondering whether the bully will be in, and what will be said to me today.

Seems Tesco wants robots working for them. If anyone got any support for depression, I would appreciate hearing where/how!

NightAndDay

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 07-06-20, 07:44PM »
Raise a grievance with the assistance of ACAS about dignity at work, get an acknowledgement that the offending manager did do as your grievance suggests or evidence in the form of an eye witness statement from anyone that has heard the verbal exchange during the investigation. Where there is evidence, the investigating manager is legally compelled to justify appropriate disciplinary or remedial action, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct the disciplinary may be given by a manager from another store.

Rinse and repeat until either a culture change has occurred or you have enough documentation to go to ACAS again to discuss legal recourse and compensation via the ET. If you're a union member they can provide a solicitor.
« Last Edit: 07-06-20, 07:45PM by NightAndDay »

yami

« Reply #33 on: 07-06-20, 11:15PM »
If his depression is documented by Tesco, then they're liable to be sued for unfair dismissal if they do fire him under failing to provide duty of care. Not 100% sure how this translates to the equality act 2010 in regards to his condition be treated as a disability and it being recognised by the act as such, but potentially disability discrimination as well.

If the post on social media isn't about Tesco then it doesn't breach Tescos social media policy. If he does get fired as a result of this unfair dismissal along with other damages will be found heavily in favour of the employee.

I myself have severe anxiety issues and had a mental breakdown the other week. I was told i could take a week off as holiday, then on the day i went off, was told it was unpaid. When i returned, they told me it was sickness. I had another emotional breakdown that afternoon, and again the following morning. A ambulance was called for me. Im now terrified that when i go back to work, they'll give me the letters again for the investigation meetings and fire me. One for attendance and the other for knocking a dolly of crates over and swearing out back before crying. Every week im told "if you dont sort your mental health out, we may have to let you go." The meeting was for the start of this month, but if i keep getting signed off is that gonna help, or am i gonna feel more anxious and depressed? Will they do the investigation for my emotional breakdown in say 3 months time? I know ill get a attendance meeting, but will they also do one for my breakdown out back?

It feels like Tesco dont support people with our illnesses, and that they are just waiting for the breakdowns so they can document them and then get rid of us before we do have such a episode (such as suicidal thoughts or worse). Sorry went on a rant, but if anyone can answer my questions too, would appreciate it. In particular - if i keep being signed off for 3 months (for example) then return, will they do the investigation for my breakdown out back?

zbkids

« Reply #34 on: 08-06-20, 01:00AM »
I'm not sure why they would investigate, it depends what they said when it happened, were things broken?  it wasn't done on purpose?, you need to have a OH referral this would hopefully help you and also help tesco know your issues and make any adjustments if you need also you would have it on your personal record which would help your case if  they tried to dismiss you, legally if you have depression long term or it lasts more than 12 months which affects your day to day living then you would come under the equality act which employers have to comply with. So this means you need to reach out get the OH referral this will help and please go see.your gp this will help too.
Try not to worry i know myself its hard to get through to the other side  but accept all the help offered and given from gp and tesco.  Also if you think.you are not being treated properly write all.incidences and conversations down dates times etc, it all helps your case if you ever needn it Hope this helps.

zbkids

« Reply #35 on: 08-06-20, 01:17AM »
When i say write everything down i meant for grievance purposes if you go down that road, but if you feel you being wronged put a grievance in.

King1999

• Know All
« Reply #36 on: 08-06-20, 12:42PM »
I thought being depressed was part of the job now.Well done Lewis.Treat people how they want to be treated so far from that I'm sorry to say.

King1999

• Know All
« Reply #37 on: 08-06-20, 04:45PM »
Duty of care is a legal term that refers to a business', employer's or service provider's obligation to put reasonable measures in place to ensure that everyone associated with them is fully protected from any physical or psychological harm.........I'm sorry but this isn't the case any more especially the psychological harm being done to staff.

Cinderella

« Reply #38 on: 16-06-20, 08:35AM »
I find myself feeling depressed, and my anxiety was sky high last night, after I’ve been informed of yet another change to my work schedule, pulling me even further into unsociable hours than I was before. I haven’t had a work-life balance since joining this company, and it’s really starting to get me down! Tesco makes me feel like I’ve got to choose between having a family, and having a job, and it’s really depressing.

Statham7

« Reply #39 on: 23-06-20, 01:00PM »
@cinderella & @yami I totally feel for you both. Nothing has been sorted out in my case, I am still living on SSP and have another meeting late next month, but nothing will be solved I am certain of that now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk