Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 09:44AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46206
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 114
Total: 120

Author Topic: Depression  (Read 7591 times)

King1999

• Regular Pain
Re: Depression
« Reply #25 on: 21-04-20, 03:34PM »
Can I ask are you in a redundancy position with what’s going on with the bakeries?????

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 21-04-20, 05:35PM »
@Satham7

Did you take the ACAS advice of placing a grievance? Did ACAS state that it was indeed a redundancy situation?

When you say "the only role available for me" is it just the one position being offered, with all shifts falling out of your availability window?
Is the department under the umbrella of a larger dept, hence your job role no longer exists in that part of the dept?
Has the other employee, whose hours sit on a different dept,  still retained their hours on your dept??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Statham7

« Reply #27 on: 21-04-20, 08:13PM »
No I'm not in a redundancy position on bakery or anywhere else. My job role just doesn't exist so I'm being told I fall under another department, like you said @lucgeo I'm under the umbrella of a larger department.
I have all the grievance wrote out when all this virus stuff came about & I was informed someone else would be taking over my case & I thought I may actually get somewhere but I'm now in square one again.
Im being offered 1 position in store as that is all they have with 4 different shift patterns on offer, all fall out if my availability, & I have been very flexible in my opinion, I've offered my services over 7 days.
Yes it appears the other employee has retained his hours.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 21-04-20, 10:09PM »
Did you serve the grievance?
Does the other colleague still have their hours sitting on another dept?
Does the other colleague do the same job as you, but only you have been told the job no longer exists?
Are the different hours they are offering you within a two hour window, either side, of the shifts you are doing now?

Statham7

« Reply #29 on: 22-04-20, 05:41PM »
No I didn't serve the grievance, it was written out but as someone new took over the case, I thought things would change.
As far as I am aware the employee is still doing the job I do, so effectively replacing me, although I think he is self isolating for the 12 weeks & if he's contracted to another department I don't know as no-one was prepared to divulge.
 I think they are hoping to brush it under the carpet.
No the hours were not in 2 hour window either side far from it(8-2 and I was offered  10-7,11-8 or 1-10),it is the only day I have given a smaller availability window.
 I only gave my availability last week prior to my meeting and I was given the shifts in the same telephone meeting.
I was informed yesterday I accept one of the proposals or they take it down the next route, which I am assuming means sacking me

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 23-04-20, 10:36AM »
Right you really need to get some support from either a rep, or a colleague with a bit of nowse! A colleague representing you, has the same rights as a union rep, and as such should be recognised as being on par with the manager conducting the interview. This stance Tesco has that colleagues are not able to speak at meetings, or ask questions on your behalf is untrue. They are there as your chosen representative, and as such, should be afforded the same acceptance as a union rep.
What do you mean, no one will divulge?? Why?
Is it just that one day, 8-2 availability, that they are not meeting you halfway with? Are the other shifts in your availability window? Or are you able and willing to do them if not??
Is all this being conducted via telephone calls?? Where are the notes it that is the case?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk