Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-05-20, 04:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46193
  • Total Topics: 935
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Xmas pick rate  (Read 3679 times)

Scottishlass

• VLH Supporter
Xmas pick rate
« on: 20-12-19, 08:51AM »

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
Re: Xmas pick rate
« Reply #1 on: 20-12-19, 10:14AM »
Zzz

Scottishlass

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 20-12-19, 11:04AM »
Thank you, that was helpful 🙄

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 20-12-19, 11:42AM »

Twinkletoes

« Reply #4 on: 20-12-19, 04:08PM »
At least .com are having to do a rare shift today albeit still being the most useless morons in store.   Still no consideration for other staff and customers in-store with dumping trolleys in awkward places, loose control of the trolleys and in general other moronic behaviour ;)

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 20-12-19, 04:51PM »
Slowly catching up with the morons instore

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 20-12-19, 08:56PM »
A few harsh responses to a harmless question???
I have never worked dot.com and have never been impacted by their reported (on here) working practices. But I think if you're on any department with an idiot manager who gives un-achievable targets, most people will either leave or do what they need to do to keep their jobs, whatever department they work on. I call it The Tesco Motivation Method.

I don't understand the hate here, and myself and hate have a pretty intimate relationship.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Paupers wage

« Reply #7 on: 21-12-19, 12:02PM »
Pick rate gone down from 172 to 150, we have it posted on wall, pick stick has not been adjusted this year so still showing red for 150.

Scottishlass

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 21-12-19, 12:28PM »

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 21-12-19, 12:55PM »
A few harsh responses to a harmless question???
I have never worked dot.com and have never been impacted by their reported (on here) working practices. But I think if you're on any department with an idiot manager who gives un-achievable targets, most people will either leave or do what they need to do to keep their jobs, whatever department they work on. I call it The Tesco Motivation Method.

I don't understand the hate here, and myself and hate have a pretty intimate relationship.

Tesco management are meant to inspire great performance. In my store those who are willing to help get bullied into doing more while others who moan etc finish early and stand around talking. The managers in my place are controlled by a few long term GAs.  Managers want you to help them then the next minute your getting told to f off.   (-*-)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 21-12-19, 02:47PM »
The reason there is a massive inconsistency in the quality of managers at Tesco is because they have a poorly defined corporate governance process which manifests itself in no clear measurable way for cas to get promoted.

What this leads to is a bunch of unqualified kid SMs and a Mickey Mouse piece of s*** leadership team. Most Personnel managers for that matter got their personnel development qualifications out of a packet of Frosties.
« Last Edit: 21-12-19, 02:48PM by NightAndDay »

cityboy

• Know All
« Reply #11 on: 21-12-19, 07:55PM »
I think some of the replies on here are disgraceful. People who work dot.com are in the same boat as we all are, just here to pay the bills. It is their time management that is inconsiderate to other staff, not of their doing. This is as silly as the days/nights argument, no foundation, but will always continue. Cleaner 1, fatboy and Twinkletoes, get a grip.

cityboy

• Know All
« Reply #12 on: 21-12-19, 09:13PM »
Scottishlass, I would like to help you with your question, but I have no knowledge of dot.com pick rates, although I am sure your shift at Tesco is as pressurised as it is for all of us. Try to not let silly people add stress to your job, they get a bonus for targets and we don't, so do not be bullied into helping them achieve that. Head down, do your hours, go home. Enjoy your life outside of Tesco, all love and no stress.

Spidercatcher

« Reply #13 on: 21-12-19, 10:39PM »
I think some of the replies on here are disgraceful. People who work dot.com are in the same boat as we all are, just here to pay the bills. It is their time management that is inconsiderate to other staff, not of their doing. This is as silly as the days/nights argument, no foundation, but will always continue. Cleaner 1, fatboy and Twinkletoes, get a grip.

Have to agree with Cityboy's post, I was surprised at some of the (rather needless, in my opinion) snippy replies to Scottishlass's perfectly harmless and valid question/observation.  (Seems like Stressco's really getting to some people!!!)  in my opinion, they like to divide and rule, don't let them win, we're all in this together folks, like it or not.    >:(

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 22-12-19, 01:47AM »

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 22-12-19, 07:31AM »
On a slight tangent, what has your "fun at Christmas" been like in your store and why?
Ours has been terrible, no enjoyment, everybody stressed, large proportion of staff refusing to do any extra hours at all leading to gaps in shifts ( not that I am blaming them), lots of sick calls, far less sweets, cakes and pies in staff rooms and let's talks and disciplinarys aplenty.
Rather suspect store managers been told from above to "deliver Christmas" whatever. Don't they realise that a happy workforce delivers better results

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 22-12-19, 08:19AM »
days got pizza...nights got a s*** tip of a staff area

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 22-12-19, 08:25PM »
Actually been good jn our store to be honest with you, boxes of chocolate, mince pies, donoughts and such regularly stocked in the canteen.

Someone walking round offering drinks and snacks to staff on a trolley every 2 hours. Chocolates in each departments warehouse plus bottles of water for staff. And every manager is constantly checking you're ok and do you need any help

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #18 on: 22-12-19, 08:31PM »
[admin]Topic is Xmas pick rate.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Lurker21

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #19 on: 11-01-20, 02:17PM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 11-01-20, 02:42PM »
Actually been good jn our store to be honest with you, boxes of chocolate, mince pies, donoughts and such regularly stocked in the canteen.

Someone walking round offering drinks and snacks to staff on a trolley every 2 hours. Chocolates in each departments warehouse plus bottles of water for staff. And every manager is constantly checking you're ok and do you need any help

Well if that ever happened in my store, I would be straight on to head office in the new year, to highlight the support given to the staff and boosting morale...people are always quick to complain, but rarely make an effort to acknowledge a kindness or support given a colleague.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Lurker21

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #21 on: 11-01-20, 11:42PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk