Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-07-20, 04:16AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46834
  • Total Topics: 945
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

Author Topic: Colleague shop purchases  (Read 10626 times)

nineninenine

• VLH Supporter
Colleague shop purchases
« on: 21-10-19, 09:02AM »

fscer

• Regular Pain
Re: Colleague shop purchases
« Reply #1 on: 21-10-19, 09:23AM »
1 hour before closing or 9PM in 24 Hour shops. And it has to have CS on the reduction label.

Cara

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 21-10-19, 02:33PM »
At the moment, not all labels have CS (Colleague Shop) on them ... at the moment, some labels just have, next to final number, 3 on the barcode.  These are also CS purchases. 

nineninenine

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 21-10-19, 03:02PM »

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #4 on: 21-10-19, 04:39PM »
So 24 hour stores get it from 9pm and those who close at midnight get it at 11pm... Seems fair.

Totot

« Reply #5 on: 21-10-19, 05:23PM »
9pm in my shop that close at 11pm, as long as it got cs code it will works.

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 24-10-19, 03:47PM »
I bought a bakery item that hwd  cs on the reduced label after 10 and it went through for free, there were still some items left when I went for first break and tried it again at 1.30am and it charged me the reduced price even though the label had cs on it.  Seems silly to me that it stops at midnight, why not just make all cs labels free to staff at all times.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 24-10-19, 04:13PM »

Bryan

« Reply #8 on: 10-11-19, 05:03PM »
does anybody know whether there is any limit of CS items that we staff can purchase ???

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 10-11-19, 06:37PM »
No, you should be able to purchase as many as you like

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 10-11-19, 06:47PM »
There isn't a limit, but those who regularly try to get there first and grab everything going are soon put in their place. And it's usually the greedy b*****ds who have little need of it, leaving nothing for the ones who do.

Towards the end of the timeline, if there's still things left, then everyone takes as much as they want.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #11 on: 20-12-19, 10:14PM »
Does it have to be bought at your own store or any store? Just did a shop in another store after 9pm (its a 24hr) and the labels had cs on them but still charged the reduced price?

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #12 on: 20-12-19, 10:19PM »
Any store

checkoutguy1954

« Reply #13 on: 22-12-19, 08:58PM »
1 hour before closing or 9PM in 24 Hour shops. And it has to have CS on the reduction label.

Christmas eve we are closing at 7pm , so on that basis are the CS marked reductions free from 6pm?
we are closed two days so I suspect there will be a fair few reductions.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #14 on: 23-12-19, 06:07PM »
i think someone will have to set price to "0.00" and people will simply take it home...... one tv here two there and everyone will be happy

cityboy

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 24-12-19, 01:15AM »
This system only benefits staff who work on certain hours and is wrong. If a CS code was applied from first reduction, say 50%, and applied all day, it would not be a problem at say 9.00pm when you would reduce anything left to 25% for customers, and 0.00% for staff. Nothing left by midnight in my opinion.

NightOwl121

« Reply #16 on: 24-12-19, 03:15AM »
That idea would help reduce waste but Tesco would lose money giving staff free food earlier in the day. If you ever have the pleasure of doing fresh reductions you will notice when the final reduction is done. A queue of customers wipes out the good bargains. Then leftovers are donated to charity. Some charities refuse certain foods depending on their preferences. A small amount is left in the reduction bay for colleagues to have. This scenario is from 24hr store. It may vary depending on store format and location.

The one exception is usually on Sundays or bank holidays where more is leftover. Sunday is the one day in my store where leftovers can be had by the night workers who often don't get any colleague shop items. Usually 3 or 4 of them manage to fill 1 or 2 Tesco bags worth of food. Should help cover the bonus they don't get anymore  8)

This system only benefits staff who work on certain hours and is wrong. If a CS code was applied from first reduction, say 50%, and applied all day, it would not be a problem at say 9.00pm when you would reduce anything left to 25% for customers, and 0.00% for staff. Nothing left by midnight in my opinion.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 24-12-19, 08:47AM »
Our store is closed at 10. When we had cabinet at the back for reduced(free items) we always had something there (sometimes more sometimes less and very regulary something of better value) . Since it transitioned to new system we get nothing, except few items on sunday.  But in the same time you can see trays of reduced unsold items by waste cages.  Beacuse it has to go through till people do not bother to do any reductions as they go home before they can get it for free.  So in fact everyone is loosing.  It feels like 'if I cant have it then no one else will have it".

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #18 on: 24-12-19, 09:30AM »
Nights in my store get nothing. Day shift get the lot. They even got all the Christmas fund to buy pizzas etc.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 24-12-19, 06:08PM »
i think someone will have to set price to "0.00" and people will simply take it home...... one tv here two there and everyone will be happy

They used to price stuff that was being wasted at 1p, we had 3 tvs get sold to staff for 1p was funny us hell, nothing could be done about it as thats what they were priced at and some dong put them out. The staff members knew of course that they probably shouldnt buy them but they did.

Upshot was nothing happened to them and the next team five had a very stongly worded message about not doing it again.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #20 on: 24-12-19, 10:40PM »
Checkout operator have the legal right to refuse sale if suspect wierd pricing. Rarelly happens so people abuse system and buy penny stock whenever they can.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 25-12-19, 01:02PM »
No one has to sell anything to anyone but you might have to explain yourself if you dont.

itv hub

« Reply #22 on: 10-06-20, 11:10PM »
Hi there, i'm not sure if anyone will see this but i have a question regarding the cs discount after 9pm...

As of recently after 9pm i go to the store and see whats in the bargain area after taking a few items with a CS label, i go to pay (get for free) and when the items i have should be free for me as i am a worker at tesco and have been for a year now i see that i am being charged for these reduced items that should be free. i thought there was no limit on how often you could get the item and how much value you could receive from them? why am i getting charged? thing is it's not like it's full price of the reduction it's a completely random value somewhat lower than the total should be. BUT either way these should be FREE no?

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #23 on: 11-06-20, 12:24AM »
You don't scan colleague shop items any more.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #24 on: 11-06-20, 01:33AM »
Since when did that change? As before it was you scanned after 9pm and it would come off, should still be that way to record as sold rather than waste as far as I know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk