Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-05-20, 02:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46192
  • Total Topics: 935
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: High flats lifts broken - safety  (Read 5815 times)

Pimpernel19

• That damned, elusive, pimpernel.
Re: High flats lifts broken - safety
« Reply #25 on: 09-03-20, 09:42PM »
Never seen a dotcom manual, not in all the years I've worked for the company, if it exists mangers must keep it well hidden so that they can make up policy on the fly. What is said manual/book actually called and can a driver access it on demand or through a union rep for clarification of rules?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #26 on: 10-03-20, 08:01AM »
The training manuals that we had have all gone. We no longer sign training record cards, we just have to do the online training. I don't know about dot.com as my store does not have it but I assume all training for you is also online.

Pimpernel19

• That damned, elusive, pimpernel.
« Reply #27 on: 18-03-20, 08:22PM »
I'm a dotcom driver and the rules are that your 1st priority is to the health and safety of yourself and others before any consideration to customer service, company equipment, customer or public property. When you arrive at any delivery you have to assess if you can deliver the shopping safely and if there is any risk to you, others or tesco. It states in our terms and conditions that the driver will make the assessment. So the manager back at the store cannot know all the facts. I have refused 1 flight if blocked with c**p and gone up 2 or 3 that are clear. I won't do outside ones in the dark or if wet and slippery. So no manager can tell you to do it, they may make suggestions to make it easier or safer.

Best bet, refuse and go to the disciplinary meeting with a copy of terms and conditions. Also remind him it's a dynamic assessment that only you can do at the time you arrive.

Where are terms and conditions accessible? Printable? I hear word of rules and regs but physical copies are hard to find.. Perhaps intentionally so...

choppers dad

« Reply #28 on: 16-04-20, 04:39PM »
Just go on delivery t&c. It is clearly stated it's the discretion of the driver to deliver to the main door of the building
« Last Edit: 16-04-20, 08:48PM by Nomad »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 16-04-20, 05:44PM »
Every department has a job description of rules, regulations and procedures.

Ask your manager for a copy, it should not be refused.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk