Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-05-20, 12:31PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46187
  • Total Topics: 934
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 105
Total: 111

Author Topic: General Question about Cages  (Read 11898 times)

bambi

Re: General Question about Cages
« Reply #50 on: 09-10-19, 07:08AM »
totally depends on if your store pre sorts cages

as bad as working at my store was one good thing is all dept's cages were presorted saved loads of time and yes you could get most done in 20mins

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #51 on: 09-10-19, 10:29AM »
What's everyones thoughts on cardboard cages on the shopfloor?
We've recently been told if filling on days we're not allowed cardboard cages on the shopfloor, so that either means try find one of those elusive bags to attach to your cage or you've to try balance all the cardboard in your cage while still working it.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #52 on: 09-10-19, 10:37AM »
Days it's not acceptable (health and safety for customers) nights is fine if you keep all cardboard in a small area and have a cage on the shop floor (used to do a cage, put all cardboard and plastic in a cage then do next cage.)
« Last Edit: 09-10-19, 10:39AM by NightAndDay »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 09-10-19, 10:50AM »
Why?? 8-)

What reason has been given for no cardboard cages?? The blue cage bags became defunct years ago in my old store, though  I note a nearer, smaller store, are still using them. There should be cage locations on your aisles, for filling and cardboard.

So which silly sausage dreamed this one up in your store ??? Way I see it, you either carry on perching the cardboard on your cage, fold it into a large empty box as you go, or, and this would be my personal choice and probably my old team's also, you carry the empty cardboard into the warehouse every ten minutes or so, just to ensure that none slip off the cage, which could result on a customer/colleague, slipping/ tripping on it, as health& safety must always be paramount. They'd soon get fed up, as to the amount of time walking back and forth to the warehouse took  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightManager

« Reply #54 on: 09-10-19, 05:59PM »

Long gone

• Regular Pain
« Reply #55 on: 15-10-19, 06:42PM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 15-10-19, 08:21PM »
Yea, they were called buddies, every new starter had one for two weeks. I wasn't allowed to touch a keyboard, or do any routines for the first week, I just watched and learnt  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 16-10-19, 12:15AM »
One thing about asking managers to show you how to fill is, that they will often fill very quickly (at or above the pace that they are asking you to do) knowing full well that they have just been doing bugger all, and that as soon as they have set-an-example for you, they will go off into the canteen or toilets and spend half-an-hour recovering from doing 5 minutes of work at a pace that they expect you to keep up all day/night.

Best thing to do is just nod, and carry on as usual. They soon go elsewhere for their jollies.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #58 on: 16-10-19, 09:45AM »
« Last Edit: 16-10-19, 09:48AM by NightAndDay »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk