Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

14-08-20, 03:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47901
  • Total Topics: 957
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 39
Total: 40

Author Topic: Canteen  (Read 28267 times)

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
Re: Canteen
« Reply #50 on: 28-08-19, 01:45PM »
« Last Edit: 28-08-19, 01:47PM by Cleaner1 »

Whistleblower

« Reply #51 on: 28-08-19, 03:02PM »
I agree do not blame the cleaners , when the canteens were closed cleaners were told with no discussion that they were now responsible for washing up ,filling vending machines and cleanliness of the canteens,but it also should be the responsibility of Tesco staff to help cleaning staff to keep their canteen clean. 

1 scrape your plate into the bin provided and any other debris,

2 if the bin is overflowing, Don t put more stuff on top, take rubbish from bin and get a new bin bag

3 clean up your own spillage s

4 work with your cleaners, if you think your management is bad. Believe me their upper management is 10 times worse e.g. Google adzuna reviews for mitie

5 cleaners are doing their very best with the limited sources they are giving

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #52 on: 29-08-19, 06:57PM »

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 29-08-19, 09:02PM »
Probably going to buy special tesco cotton cloths for GAs to do their own cleaning as they go, in the canteen.

I am more worried about the project for the cutting of toilet breaks altogether, called 'project touching cloth'.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 29-08-19, 09:10PM »
 :( :o
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Whiskers

« Reply #55 on: 29-08-19, 09:35PM »

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 01-09-19, 07:58PM »

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #57 on: 01-09-19, 08:04PM »

surlaroute

« Reply #58 on: 02-09-19, 12:40AM »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #59 on: 02-09-19, 11:32AM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #60 on: 02-09-19, 02:41PM »
When the canteen refurb took place in my old store, they worked around you on days!! Cables running everywhere, workmen stood on tables, dust flying everywhere, drilling and swearing, all during your " respite " not to mention the glue fumes, felt high as a kite some days  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #61 on: 02-09-19, 08:12PM »

Victor

« Reply #62 on: 28-09-19, 06:06AM »

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #63 on: 28-09-19, 08:46AM »
But if it's a Sunday out of hrs or nightshift the store isnt open and you cant get anything !

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #64 on: 28-09-19, 09:58AM »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #65 on: 28-09-19, 01:30PM »
But if it's a Sunday out of hrs or nightshift the store isnt open and you cant get anything !

Heaven forbid you buy before your shift.

spacerman

« Reply #66 on: 28-09-19, 06:05PM »
Has anyone tried using policy against the new canteen, the policy being if your break gets disrupted you are alowed your full break entitlement again.

We are on an unpaid break, tidying the canteen could be classified as work... No?

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #67 on: 28-09-19, 08:34PM »
If I were to tidy the canteen in it's generality, I'd either do it before or after my break, it'd never be during.

As for tidy as you go i.e. clearing your own mess, I think you'd be hard pressed to show that constitutes "working".

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 28-09-19, 09:52PM »
Aye, but if you work in certain departments you would not be allocated extra time to clean before, or after your break, as some are timed from the minute they leave, to the minute they return!!

It's not about working...its about timings, cleaners supposed to be cleaning the canteen, washing pots etc...

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #69 on: 28-09-19, 11:30PM »
Going to be fun during the winter months, waiting along with half a dozen of one's colleagues to use the single microwave(assuming it's not broken)to prepare a hot breakfast.

But at least the untermenschen at head office will have a cooked breakfast, and that's what's important, right? >:(

Colliedog

« Reply #70 on: 29-09-19, 07:51AM »
In our store before the canteen closed the cleaners never cleaned the kitchen and seating area properly always getting a red, how do you expect them to be keeping the canteen clean now - it ain't goin to happen

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #71 on: 29-09-19, 08:51AM »
Going to be fun during the winter months, waiting along with half a dozen of one's colleagues to use the single microwave(assuming it's not broken)to prepare a hot breakfast.

But at least the untermenschen at head office will have a cooked breakfast, and that's what's important, right? >:(

Not forgetting the Christmas dinner, standing in line whilst the token manager, dressed in crass festive garb, heats up your pre pack meal, to put on your tray with your warm glass of Schloer, ("do you want white or red pretend wine") solitary cracker, mince pie, and "help yourself to a sweet from the quality street tub, and thanks for all your hard work during the year"  :-[

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #72 on: 29-09-19, 08:54AM »
In our store before the canteen closed the cleaners never cleaned the kitchen and seating area properly always getting a red, how do you expect them to be keeping the canteen clean now - it ain't goin to happen

The canteen staff did all the cleaning before, the cleaning company only mopped the floor, with a stinking mop that had been left standing in dirty water overnight!

Whistleblower

« Reply #73 on: 29-09-19, 09:50AM »
I 've reported my store to the relevant authorities for reasons stated below,

1 cleaning staff, giving no food,hygiene training.

2 vending machines not being cleaned as cleaning staff have not been trained how to clean them properly, or being giving the proper equipment to do so.

3 Don't change the water in plate-wash for weeks on end.

4 when going into kitchen they should have protective clothing, remember they go into toilets and empty bins, then probably  go into food area holding kitchen equipment which we eat from without washing hands and  have contaminated uniform.

5 Don't put up with it report them.

Colliedog

« Reply #74 on: 29-09-19, 01:01PM »
You are dead right, I have never seen them use clean hot water >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk