Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 10:05AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46207
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: How many final warnings can I get...  (Read 8418 times)

genome

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: How many final warnings can I get...
« Reply #25 on: 03-06-19, 06:20PM »
depends on the rep overworked1

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 03-06-19, 06:52PM »
I wouldn’t trust any rep to speak for me. Some are better than others though.
« Last Edit: 28-04-20, 07:52PM by Nomad »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 04-06-19, 06:51AM »
I wouldn’t trust any rep to speak for me. Some are better than others though.
The reps are voted in by their colleagues...so I guess the answer is, stand yourself......put up or shut up 8-)
« Last Edit: 28-04-20, 07:53PM by Nomad »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 04-06-19, 08:29AM »
Reps should only be used for a second opinion/questions about policy/procedure. You should always try to speak for yourself. As for me being a rep (without the badge) I have been to many meetings with colleagues over the years for alleged gross misconduct and have never had anything to do with someone being dismissed yet. Not really needing my role at Tesco I did throw myself on the line once to help colleague who was struggling mentally with the meetings and would’ve been struggling financially. A lot of people nowadays just throw colleagues under the bus and laugh at the management as they scramble about.
« Last Edit: 28-04-20, 07:54PM by Nomad »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 04-06-19, 08:36AM »
Tesco really don't want to get rid of people where possible at the moment, staff turnover and retention is a big issue for Tesco, the staffing problems trickle down to areas such as customer service, work rate, compliance, (4 point checks etc), shrink etc which all have a negative impact on the Big 6 ratings.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 04-06-19, 09:03AM »
Tesco really don't want to get rid of people where possible at the moment, staff turnover and retention is a big issue for Tesco, the staffing problems trickle down to areas such as customer service, work rate, compliance, (4 point checks etc), shrink etc which all have a negative impact on the Big 6 ratings.
  True NightAndDay. We too have a poor retention due to the low hours and pay on offer. Managers promise people the world to get them in the door then the reality hits. We are well over contract hours in our place and only 1/2 bother with overtime due to other commitments and the hassle. The rotation is not done, customers are unhappy and shrink increases. You raise issues and managers don’t bother doing anything for months.
« Last Edit: 28-04-20, 07:51PM by Nomad »

Jimmer

« Reply #31 on: 28-04-20, 03:39PM »
The warnings have to be for the same thing for it to escalate, So get one for ignoring health and safety then get another for being rude to a customer is the right thing they would not be able to escalate the H&S one to sack you.

Do expired warnings escalate? I.e straight to a second written for the same reason as a first written that was more than 13 weeks ago?

hesketh

• Know All
« Reply #32 on: 28-04-20, 04:25PM »
Officially, once they have expired they are gone.

However the manager involved will still know about it, even if only by gossip, so you are likely to get less chance of a break.
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 28-04-20, 06:01PM »
There are legal reason why disciplinary reprimands have to be as objective as possible, for example a manager can't instantly dismiss you as punishment of the outcome of your first ARM meeting as it will be appealed against and overturned and the initial reprimand will be documented,  if the recipient chooses to grievance the initial reprimand as unfair treatment or harrassment, either the PM will monitor the respective manager or fail to take action and let the manager continue in issuing out of bounds reprimands, ultimately this will either lead to a successful constructive dismissal/unfair dismissal claim or the manager being put on an SYP plan.
« Last Edit: 28-04-20, 06:02PM by NightAndDay »

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #34 on: 29-04-20, 10:06AM »
Past warnings for the same thing can be “stacked” to a higher warning but have to as I said for the same issue example absence and conduct cannot be stacked together

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk