Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

07-07-20, 04:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6410
  • Latest: Le88aa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46830
  • Total Topics: 945
  • Online Today: 105
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Discount not working  (Read 14129 times)

Stitch

• VLH Supporter
Discount not working
« on: 19-12-18, 10:42PM »
Hi all,

Ever since the most recent double discount my discount has completely stopped working! I rang the Colleague Clubcard helpline last Friday to which I was informed that in "turning on the double discount it knocked out a few thousand colleague cards so their discount got knocked out". After being informed of this I was told I'd have to go to Customer Service to get a paid out, so I did this which was a pain in the backside! Thankfully there wasn't much of a queue the time I went and they were super helpful!

Then the headaches begin.....I hadn't used my discount since the end of the double discount til today. I kinda just assumed now double discount is over it'd be working again.....I assumed wrong! Go to use it today still nothing, ring the Collleague Clubcard again and get told the issue is still on going and just keep going Customer Service and they put down the phone....Only thing is when I was able to go there afterwards (after my shift and the helping closed) I was greeted by being told I'm wrong and  it's all fixed......so I didn't get my discount refunded and was told I probably run out of discount (when I know I haven't and as anyone knows if you reach your limit a message appears telling you so which there was none with me) and to call the Colleague Clubcard helpline again >:(

My question is did anyone else have this issue? And if you did are you still suffering with it?

All of this is such a ball ache dealing with it!! :( :(

m360

• Know All
Re: Discount not working
« Reply #1 on: 19-12-18, 11:08PM »
Ongoing issue with a small number of cards.

Front end managers have had comms to issue refunds through CSD

extrastore

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 20-12-18, 07:10PM »
Same with mine, though yesterday it would not work on checkout tills but did work on CSD tills!

Diva-dog

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 31-12-18, 04:34PM »

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 31-12-18, 11:01PM »
shop elsewhere from now on!! >:D

Flatout

« Reply #5 on: 03-01-19, 07:30AM »
Is the discount considered a benefit in kind?? if it is, are you taxed on the amount discounted??

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-19, 02:25PM »
My understanding is that the staff discount is below the marginal cost of production and so you don't need to pay tax on it  https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/employment-income-manual/eim21102

Or, in non-legal, Tesco still makes a profit on the goods they are selling us. If they were selling it at a loss we'd have to pay tax.
« Last Edit: 03-01-19, 02:27PM by Walker »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #7 on: 03-01-19, 04:05PM »

extrastore

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 04-01-19, 03:00PM »
Mine stopped working again, reported to help desk yesterday again. they said new card would not solve problem, issue is at their end. Should be ok in 7 days.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 04-01-19, 04:43PM »
why don't people start shopping elsewhere if they can't get their discount??? 8-)

Diva-dog

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 06-01-19, 07:05PM »
I have  ;)

Mully

« Reply #11 on: 11-01-19, 01:56AM »

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #12 on: 11-01-19, 11:04PM »

amex

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 12-01-19, 09:09AM »
Has anybody else noticed on this months payslip there is no record of discount in the left hand side as usually is? 

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 12-01-19, 06:31PM »
Alex, discount on payslip didn't change Aug-nov and then disappeared in Dec.  Something to do with rebooting the payslip site because people couldn't get on to it .

brucie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #15 on: 19-01-19, 07:25PM »
Went to use my discount card yesterday and guess what no discount . rang helpline plenty discount left will try and get it up and running next week.

jassy1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #16 on: 23-03-19, 09:43AM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 23-03-19, 10:06AM »
I also had this problem early Feb, I noticed straight away buying my usual few bits on the way into work that morning....phoned clubcard who's asked for my number which is on the back of the card above the black strip....was told it was a system error with new technology being installed on self serve and would be passed to the tech team.....fixed by the next day.

If your payslip is saying you haven't reached the limit, you know you haven't reached your limit, you're still receiving discount on other pay desks, then ask them to rectify or you will grievance on witholding payment on your full "pay rise" statement which was calculated to include your discount spend.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 23-03-19, 11:33AM »
If you can check back on your pay slips as I think there was a pay slip reporting error.

Jasper5

« Reply #19 on: 25-03-19, 09:39AM »

Minniemouse

« Reply #20 on: 25-03-19, 11:47AM »

Jasper5

« Reply #21 on: 25-03-19, 03:26PM »
Discount has just worked on my latest purchase   8-). Still waiting for a reply to the email I sent on Thursday.

jester21

« Reply #22 on: 25-03-19, 03:57PM »
Hiya Jasper5, I have had trouble as well if you go online to your wages I think the last one was Nov or Dec time where it is shown on your payslip how much discount you have used, then you can judge what you have done in the following months etc.

Jasper5

« Reply #23 on: 25-03-19, 11:00PM »

jester21

« Reply #24 on: 26-03-19, 08:48AM »
Hiya Jasper5, in my store People have took their receipt to customer services and got there discount money back, that is worth a try at your store while you wait for an email?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk