Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

29-09-20, 03:02PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6895
  • Latest: mfox21
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48429
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Lloyds pharmacy  (Read 18460 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: Lloyds pharmacy
« Reply #50 on: 16-05-19, 08:00PM »
I'm not surprised at the time scale, it could easily go to 24 months, perhaps more.  Took me 3 years to win a grievance against Tesco so I am no stranger to companies tac-tics in hoping that you give up and go away.

One of the authorities involved gives the other party 6 months to give a final reply, why I don't know or understand.  If that final reply is not correct then on we go.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #51 on: 29-05-19, 10:33AM »
I have documentary proof from Lloyds head office and one of the regulatory bodies that I, or anybody else, are not required to sign or tick prescriptions for themselves,  nor when presenting/collecting for anybody else who fits in the same criteria.

Namely age exempt under 16 or over 60 and presenting a printed prescription which includes age or D.O.B.

So I have not got a bloody clue what the last 18 months have been about, or possibly the next 18/24 months.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #52 on: 29-05-19, 04:38PM »
Stupidity.
I find that's often the explanation.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #53 on: 30-09-19, 10:35AM »
Still ongoing.  Strange that out of three large national dispensing pharmacies two have no problem in dispensing with no signature, as long as the customer(s) fulfil the required criteria, and the other one does.

It appears by current communications that the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman(PHSO) may have the power to arbitrary modify an existing contract between two independent bodies (NHS and a pharmaceutical company).
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #54 on: 30-10-19, 08:04PM »
Fast approaching 12 month anniversary, or 30 months since first refusal to dispense medicines.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #55 on: 30-10-19, 08:32PM »
hmmmm I wonder if they've thought of using the old 'grind em down tactics'. ;D

They are so predictable.

There must be an massive back-log of complaints to these people, after-all, how else could they possibly justify the procrastinatory (do hope that is a word) nature of their complaints procedure.

Maybe send them a birthday card when the complaint reaches 2 years old.
« Last Edit: 30-10-19, 08:34PM by optout »
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #56 on: 31-10-19, 11:11AM »
 'grind em down tactics' you think  :-*

A card, what a wonderful suggestion  :)  :thumbup:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 31-10-19, 11:27AM »
Perhaps they're hoping you've passed over in the meantime, due to non medication  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #58 on: 31-10-19, 08:28PM »
 ;D

Luckily there are at least two other major pharmaceutical chains that have no problem sticking to their contract with the NHS and dispense medicines to the over 60's without a signature.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #59 on: 01-11-19, 12:32AM »
Hard to believe, whatever ones view on the matter, it is still not resolved after all this time.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #60 on: 19-02-20, 09:17PM »
It has now passed into the hands of another official supervisory body.  Some months to go yet.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

coffee_tea

« Reply #61 on: 02-03-20, 10:37PM »
The only time you should be signing the back of an age exempt pre-printed script or EPS token is for controlled medication, in that box. You are quite correct! Keep it up - some pharmacists say the NHS scanner gets a bit pissy when there’s no signature in the bottom box, so maybe that’s filtered down in Lloyd’s and got muddled. No excuse tho.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #62 on: 03-03-20, 11:17AM »
"some pharmacists say the NHS scanner gets a bit pissy when there’s no signature in the bottom box"

@coffee_tea, yes I've had that response/excuse but as you may guess my thought on that is - 'not my problem'   :-*

One of my family regularly has a controlled drug, which I have absolutely no problem signing for in the little grey box as that is what is required by the NHS.

A little foot note:-
Don't bother with the PHSO (Parliament and Health Service Ombudsman) they confirm in a letter that it is correct that an age exempt prescription need not be signed, yet that it is reasonable for a pharmacist to ask you to sign.  I have never said it was unreasonable to ask, only that it was wrong to refuse to dispense.  They (PHSO) cannot will not help as I have no evidence that they (pharmacist) refused to dispense medication, and pharmacy company have no record of refusals,  what a surprise >:(

Short of physical persuasion any suggestions how one would get a pharmacist to sign a piece of paper confirming their refusal to dispense  :question:  8-)

It continues.
« Last Edit: 03-03-20, 11:20AM by Nomad »
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #63 on: 12-06-20, 04:57PM »
Update.  The General Pharmaceutical Council Has confirmed that medicines should not be withheld if a patient exercises their right not to sign an age exempt prescription.  They have also contacted Lloyds to remind them of this fact.

The drive for justice, apologies and some redress continues.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #64 on: 26-06-20, 11:42AM »
"Short of physical persuasion any suggestions how one would get a pharmacist to sign a piece of paper confirming their refusal to dispense"

Get out your phone and ask them to star in a short video 'No Drugs Today' maybe??

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #65 on: 26-06-20, 12:20PM »
tumshie  :), for some reason I have serious doubts that they will acquiesce,  but in reality they should be required to give written reason for refusal, if there is no such requirement why did the Parliamentary & Health Service ombudsman expect there to be  records of the refusals  :question:

:question: why would an ombudsman use as part of their decision making the non existence of a record not required to be kept  8-)

However 99% sure it will be starting journey through Money Claim on line system in July.  Just sorting out the mass of emails letters etc supporting our case.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk