Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-09-20, 07:50AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6884
  • Latest: pfslad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48370
  • Total Topics: 973
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: I got a parking charge!!! at work !!  (Read 2590 times)

Hotdog1

• VLH Supporter
I got a parking charge!!! at work !!
« on: 15-11-18, 03:52PM »
hi all, I've been working at my store for around 3 weeks now (transferred from another store),  was at home this morning and I got a parking charge- turns out they photographed me coming in and going out - and have now charged me £40.00 !!
 I phoned my store and asked if there was a designated staff car park- there isn't but I was told that staff should type in their reg number and employee number into a little screen at the service desk  !!!  I was never told this -  It's the stores fault isn't it ??. Surely I shouldn't have to pay ?

Driverderek

Re: I got a parking charge!!! at work !!
« Reply #1 on: 15-11-18, 04:11PM »
Yeah you won't have to pay it, I got 3x through my door one day even though my car was registered on the system... apparently it glitched and lost all stored data including all dotcom vans!! - handed all letters to manager and few weeks later got 3x separate cancellation letters. Just hand it to your manager and that'll be that  :thumbup: :thumbup:

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #2 on: 15-11-18, 04:24PM »
just enter your details into the store's database,  ignore the charges, there isn't actually anything they can do in regards to them, since the only fines you have to pay are those issued by council / law enforcement, meaning private land fines such as tesco's car parks are just more of a "hi, we want money, but legally you don't have to pay" without specifying it. it would cost them a lot more money than what they are trying to get from you if they try to take it to court, as it's a Parking Charge Notice, which isn't the same as a Penalty Charge Notice (You have to pay this).

So just pass it forward onto a manager or just get rid of it, it's not worth their time or effort, they do it in hopes of preying on those who are less knowledgeable on it.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-18, 06:51PM »
Your manager will be able to cancel the charge and once your reg number is "in the system" then problem will be solved

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4 on: 28-08-20, 11:27AM »
Parking related  ;)

Drivers are risking fines by misusing parent and child parking bays - here is what would happen if you break the rules at Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi

Alex Kindred, car insurance expert at Confused.com, says: “The rules are very clear: if you aren’t travelling with a child, don’t use the parent and child parking spaces, unless you have a very valid reason to."

So you only have to be travelling with a 'child', not necessary to take them with you into the shop.

"Child", a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

The age of puberty varies widely, roughly between the ages of 10 to 15.

'legal age of majority' The age of majority is 18 years in all EU Member States except for Scotland, where children are considered to have full legal capacity from the age of 16 years

"A very valid reason", examples of which are ... ??

I'm so pleased confused.com cleared that up   :(  :o  :-\  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 28-08-20, 05:47PM »
Give it to your manager and insist it gets cancelled, and you receive a cancellation letter...otherwise, it could be flagged up as a non payment and affect any future referencing you may need.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Cinderella

« Reply #6 on: 28-08-20, 06:10PM »
It’s happened to a few people in my store, but the manager always manages to get it cancelled. As others have said, speak to them and it will get resolved

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk