Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-08-20, 12:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47780
  • Total Topics: 956
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Transferring store  (Read 8748 times)

Disillusioneddeputydawg

Re: Transferring store
« Reply #25 on: 21-08-18, 03:50PM »

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 21-08-18, 04:19PM »

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #27 on: 21-08-18, 04:48PM »
As far as I'm aware , once you are successful in an application for a new role the maximum you can be held is   4 weeks . That's under selection and recruitment policy . As for not being able to apply for another role after just starting one , I believe it's 6 months for GAs and 1 year for managers .

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 22-08-18, 05:33AM »
The max you can be held is 4 weeks.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #29 on: 22-08-18, 11:19PM »
They have to tell you how the needs of the business will be benefited by what they want to do, not just trot out the words like a magic spell.

Seems very unreasonable to change their minds after it was all set up, tho.

Ask to see the written policy that says they can do that, or says you can't transfer.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 23-08-18, 09:54AM »
They cannot stop you.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 23-08-18, 04:06PM »
Unless you work night fill and then the TMs and Lead think they command the SMs desk. They can only dream.  :)
as soon as sm goes home, twilight duty manager claims sm office as his/her own :-X

Thinpatience

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #32 on: 26-02-19, 11:58AM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 26-02-19, 07:08PM »
Ask for a meeting with your manager and your rep, write down what your concerns are and ask for written confirmation that your set finishing time had been agreed prior to your transfer, which is set in your contract and has been for over 5 months. Then once it is sorted, request that this is put into your personnel file and any further questioning will result in you placing a grievance for harassment against the person questioning your right to leave at your agreed finish time.

Be careful in filling in another form and signing it, why were you asked?? Was the rest of your team ask to fill in an availability form? If not, then again you are being singled out and therefore you consider this harassment and are considering placing a grievance.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Thinpatience

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #34 on: 26-02-19, 08:39PM »

TechSupporter

« Reply #35 on: 26-02-19, 09:17PM »
If you're a manager transferring stores never forget to ask the wage clerk the extra 1k you negotiated into the interpers form    :D.

BoyBlunder

« Reply #36 on: 25-07-20, 04:13AM »
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but my manager just told me that he’s unable to sort a transfer for me because the area I’m moving to isn’t part of his WhatsApp group and if I were to want one, I would have to ring up every single store and ask for a role myself. This doesn’t sound right to me as my previous manager was able to sort transfers out for previous staff to places much further away than where I plan to move to. Is this right? Or should I contact my people manager about it?

Administrator Comment Thank you for finding a thread that fits your question :) , not what everybody does :(
« Last Edit: 25-07-20, 11:03AM by Nomad »

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 25-07-20, 06:55AM »
It's not up to your manager to sort the transfer for you but they can help and support. The way it should be done is that you look on the jobs site and apply for vacancies in the area you want to move to. You can set up email alerts for jobs as they come up. This has been in place for a long time now. Managers can only email stores to ask if they have any vacancies if they are willing to go that extra mile to try and help you but I think if the reply comes back as yes I think you still need to apply online anyway. The only thing that an email to the store might achieve is advance notice of vacancies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk