Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-08-20, 12:31PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47781
  • Total Topics: 956
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Transferring store  (Read 8749 times)

calvinuk

Transferring store
« on: 01-05-18, 10:20PM »
I am very unhappy in my store. This is effecting my mood swings. I told my manager today I want to transfer and she said no because she is going to have a chat with me about my mood swings and also she is putting me on a supporting your performance plan.  I really disagree with her.

The only reason I'm moody is because she as a manager does not lead us (I'm a shift leader) she sits at her desk all day doing nothing.  I could be filling on my own and she will not help us.  She doesn't pay me properly.  I don't want to work with her any more.

Can they really make me stay in my current store?

penguin

• Sad Muppet
Re: Transferring store
« Reply #1 on: 02-05-18, 06:46PM »
Pay issue should be raised as a grievance if you can prove your being underpaid or paid incorrectly, as for transferring I assume your an express shift leader, then your going to have to find a store with a shift leader job going and the usual way is done now is for you to have an interview with the store manager of the express you want to move to. Regarding the SYP without knowing more about it its hard to give advice, have you had lets talks about the mood swings or anything mentioned in a review, has anyone other than your store manager raised this as an issue or complained to anyone about this. SYP is a formal process and if your facing being put onto the process id strongly suggest you get a rep before any meetings take place.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

calvinuk

« Reply #2 on: 03-05-18, 12:14AM »
Thanks for replying, It is only my manager having a problem with my mood swings. She is the reason why im having these. She is not a leader nor a role model. We havent had a lets talk about it It was brought up in conversation but i dont think it was in my review in january. We are supposed to have weekly reviews but she cant be bothered. I am a rep and i wont stand for it. Albeit i haven't had my rep training as im new to the role. But i think i might bring a rep in with me Saturday I have already asked the group PM to attend

calvinuk

« Reply #3 on: 03-05-18, 12:50AM »
Regarding the SYP without knowing more about it its hard to give advice

I did have some personal issues outside work regarding my estranged family leading me to feeling depressed. No support was offered at the time. Also two weeks ago my partner who has serious health issues went AWOL with his work (tesco also) he has mental health issues and i had to take care of that. He has quit his job. I can't be 100% smiley all the time. I asked my manager last week for the day off unpaid to deal with my partner and she said no because she had interviews to do so she couldn't run shift for me. Two other shift leaders have transferrred because of her.  But my mood is purely because of her. When she is day off the shop is such a great place to work. I feel like i am going to let rip into her when we have our meeting Saturday and i am quite scared of the consequences

The-shelf-filler

« Reply #4 on: 03-05-18, 06:35AM »
Don't ever be scared,there is no rule that says you can't have your say and give them your views.

Let it all out and surprise her, she will soon back down.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 03-05-18, 11:01AM »
Hopefully the fresh manager is transferred in my store he walks about watching people working and not giving a care about the Leads requests. The Lead has less of a clue than the TMs.  You can hear them telling each other to F off at times.

Chelebee

« Reply #6 on: 03-05-18, 01:37PM »

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 03-05-18, 07:22PM »
Best way is to let it all out, tell them how you feel , Tell them you feel Under pressure every time you have to see her , or work with her , tell them that You feel like you are being picked on and under threat , tell them that no matter how hard you try ,you are left thinking its not good enough , tell them about problems at home and how you asked for help but got nothing,,,, and when you are telling them this , Make sure its all put down on paper , do not agree to any thing till this is all put down on paper

This should put them on the back foot, They  have a choice , back off , help you with how you feel , or help you to move , I would be very surprised  if they did anything else before they put in place a plan that shows how they are going to help you first ,
« Last Edit: 03-05-18, 07:25PM by notsofunny »

Taymay61

« Reply #8 on: 10-05-18, 11:48AM »
So, On this, If I wanted to transfer to a new store as I was moving house, would they have to accept me or does it depend on your contract?

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #9 on: 10-05-18, 12:33PM »
It depends on whether the new store has a vacancy for you.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #10 on: 10-05-18, 12:34PM »
tescOH, hope you made some progress at your meeting.

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 10-05-18, 12:55PM »

It depends on whether the new store has a vacancy for you.
:) Really ? How is that controlled ?

dizzy_1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #12 on: 10-05-18, 02:59PM »
Simplest way is to contact the store nearest you and ask if they have a vacancy. They will let you know the hours etc which might be less/more than you're doing and could be in another department.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 10-05-18, 06:34PM »
@tescoOH

You should not have been denied time off to deal with a family emergency. I would suggest you arrange a meeting with your union rep requesting they arrange, and be present, at a meeting with yourself and this manager. Explain to the rep your issues and the managers attitude towards your mental health issues, and her putting you on a support plan. Did you have a rep present at the meeting last Saturday??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #14 on: 14-05-18, 12:24PM »
I am very unhappy in my store. This is effecting my mood swings. I told my manager today I want to transfer and she said no because she is going to have a chat with me about my mood swings and also she is putting me on a supporting your performance plan.  I really disagree with her.

The only reason I'm moody is because she as a manager does not lead us (I'm a shift leader) she sits at her desk all day doing nothing.  I could be filling on my own and she will not help us.  She doesn't pay me properly.  I don't want to work with her any more.

The only manager that has a desk in store is the SM the rest of them are supposed to be out on the shop floor.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 14-05-18, 12:49PM »
Unless you work night fill and then the TMs and Lead think they command the SMs desk. They can only dream.  :)

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 14-05-18, 03:32PM »
@greengrocer in our store Tom's and LT on nights don't even stop packing out long enough to take their breaks.  Nights in your store must be a dream

Thinpatience

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #17 on: 27-07-18, 06:43PM »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 27-07-18, 07:13PM »
Managers job isn't to help you fill but it is nice if they do the odd cage, dolly to work side by side with you for a bit and find out the days issues. Yet on here many complain about managers being overpaid fillers.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 27-07-18, 08:49PM »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 27-07-18, 08:54PM »

The only manager that has a desk in store is the SM the rest of them are supposed to be out on the shop floor.

What is the managers job then? Fill all day? 

fartooflexible

« Reply #21 on: 28-07-18, 10:22AM »
I was wondering if you apply and get another job in another store for ten years service how much notice do you ave to give your current store

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #22 on: 28-07-18, 12:53PM »
You dont give any notice.  The 2 stores agree your release date.  Usually 2 weeks from accepting job. Sometimes stores will agree longer release dates if certain circumstances.   

fartooflexible

« Reply #23 on: 08-08-18, 10:37AM »
So I ave applied for a temporary contract.  The store I am trying to leave has informed me that there is a new policy out and once I move to the temporary contract that's me they will not hold my job and if no job arises from the temporary job that will b out of work full stop.  However the store I want to move to which is the head office and the head of personnel for the group says this is a load of nonsense they have to hold on to my job. I really need help I don't know who is right don't no whether to move or not :(

rogersmart

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #24 on: 08-08-18, 12:15PM »
Get it in writing, keep a copy and give a copy to your existing store to go on your Personnel File.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk