Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

09-07-20, 04:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46871
  • Total Topics: 946
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Double Discount  (Read 91309 times)

Rad

• Know All
Re: Double Discount
« Reply #200 on: 09-01-20, 08:52AM »
This proves people will complain about anything.  I know other benefits have been cut but discount card has gone from 1 card to 2 cards to 4 good savings over a year to 13 good savings over a year.
Most stores I know most folk dont have fri sat off.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #201 on: 09-01-20, 06:24PM »
Two discount cards / instead of one , and Double discount events are only given to boost falling sales figures and turnover for quarterly periods and year ending etc ,  you end up buying some things  with the alledged twenty per cent discount only to find that at the end of the double discount event they have  gone  on sale anyway at a reduced price if not cheaper ?. you have to realize that Tosco don't do anything for the benefit of the staff - its only for there benefit . :-X :-X
« Last Edit: 09-01-20, 06:28PM by just curious »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #202 on: 09-01-20, 09:42PM »
That's why i used to buy goods on offer with my 20% off.

contentdistance

« Reply #203 on: 10-01-20, 03:30AM »
Will we still be getting our Christmas 'thank you' discount booklets or are they getting scrapped too?

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #204 on: 10-01-20, 05:56AM »

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #205 on: 10-01-20, 08:42AM »
Is it still 10% for the rest of the month?

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #206 on: 10-01-20, 01:07PM »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #207 on: 10-01-20, 01:50PM »
I honestly don't see why Tesco doesn't go full Mike Ashley and just do zero hour contracts and living wage/minimum wage for those under 25, nobody will quit and the customers won't stop shopping.

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #208 on: 10-01-20, 02:30PM »
I disagree, from what I can see in our place, Tesco have a massive problem retaining staff.  They keep employing all these youngsters and while some are really good, quite a few of them don't turn up for shifts, or phone in sick and a lot of them are late when they do turn up.  Let's face it, beyond the hourly rate, there isn't anything there for us, not unless you want to go into management.  No bonus, no performance related pay, no promotion, no incentive.  Zero hour, minimum wage isn't going to encourage anyone.  It's such a demoralizing company to work for.   

randomworker

« Reply #209 on: 10-01-20, 02:32PM »
I honestly don't see why Tesco doesn't go full Mike Ashley and just do zero hour contracts and living wage/minimum wage for those under 25, nobody will quit and the customers won't stop shopping.

Because to your disapointment Tesco work within a competitive market and as such will pay a certain rate and give benefits reflective of that market place and what they feel as required for the business overall.

I know I know you want Tesco to be the worst of the worst so you can come on here and feel even more self-righteous when condemning anyone that is in a manager role and on D. Lewis  8-)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #210 on: 10-01-20, 02:40PM »
Dave Lewis can easily give Boris Johnson a "gift" and magically a workfare program will appear, from which he can acquire shelf stackers paid for by H.M Taxpayer. There is no shortage of unemployed people or students that will apply to Tesco regardless of its pay package.

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #211 on: 10-01-20, 02:58PM »

randomworker

« Reply #212 on: 10-01-20, 02:59PM »
Dave Lewis can easily give Boris Johnson a "gift" and magically a workfare program will appear, from which he can acquire shelf stackers paid for by H.M Taxpayer. There is no shortage of unemployed people or students that will apply to Tesco regardless of its pay package.

Pointless comment other than to reinforce your unhealthy obsession with D. Lewis and your hopeful desire for Tesco to reach the bottom of the pile.

Dougall

• Know All
« Reply #213 on: 10-01-20, 03:04PM »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #214 on: 10-01-20, 03:29PM »

Pointless comment other than to reinforce your unhealthy obsession with D. Lewis and your hopeful desire for Tesco to reach the bottom of the pile.

You're not only not contributing any constructive argument to my comment that Tesco can indeed get away with offering worse terms and conditions due to the basic economic principle of supply and demand but also resorting to personal attacks.
« Last Edit: 10-01-20, 03:31PM by NightAndDay »

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #215 on: 10-01-20, 04:54PM »
The comment about taking people from the dole was that not done before by T or something similar until the press got hold of the story and the project was dropped, also i believe some years ago the T went to poland to get drivers for the hgvs as they were cheaper (this is what we were told by the other drivers that were left.)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #216 on: 10-01-20, 05:45PM »
It was, they and many others dropped out of the governments ideological scheme due to protests by a bunch of Guardian reading lefties, that still doesn't mean the whole exercise wasn't beneficial to the bottom line while in place though

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #217 on: 10-01-20, 09:35PM »
I disagree, from what I can see in our place, Tesco have a massive problem retaining staff.  They keep employing all these youngsters and while some are really good, quite a few of them don't turn up for shifts, or phone in sick and a lot of them are late when they do turn up.  Let's face it, beyond the hourly rate, there isn't anything there for us, not unless you want to go into management.  No bonus, no performance related pay, no promotion, no incentive.  Zero hour, minimum wage isn't going to encourage anyone.  It's such a demoralizing company to work for.

Its how market looks like now.
15% discount is better but I think it's introduced to make our job more attractive.  On the other hand our core pay is too low so people will jump the ship if they can get 50p more p/h.

Every little penny helps.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #218 on: 11-01-20, 08:50PM »
Most people jump ship due to low hours on basic contracts and massively varying amounts of OT. I cant see a extra 5% discount 4 days a month making much of a difference

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #219 on: 12-01-20, 07:47PM »
Just had a thought so we no longer get the paydays offer books, not the end of the world to be honest but an extra discount Monday to Thursday after payday, now it does make you wonder will the Xmas voucher books go the same way as the payday ones, given we now get the additional discount every pay period.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
« Reply #220 on: 13-01-20, 08:40PM »
looks like I will just have to do my shopping on the thursday after payday

NightOwl121

« Reply #221 on: 14-01-20, 03:53AM »

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #222 on: 15-01-20, 12:13AM »

NightOwl121

« Reply #223 on: 15-01-20, 02:53AM »
Don't recall stating it was the latest Bailies offer . This happened the Xmas before when I worked BWS. Easy misunderstanding  :thumbup:

auld reekie

« Reply #224 on: 09-02-20, 05:36PM »
Should save a few quid this week with the 15% discount.
Every little helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk