Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

20-09-20, 04:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6764
  • Latest: Mb12
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48218
  • Total Topics: 972
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Author Topic: Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/  (Read 134208 times)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
Re: Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/
« Reply #725 on: 04-04-19, 05:57PM »
I just got a letter from my claim people this is it.

https://imgur.com/a/o3YzvCh

BarryZola

• Regular Pain
« Reply #726 on: 04-04-19, 07:03PM »
When does the next thing of any significance happen in the ASDA case? Decided not to go with one of the claims companies and risk losing 25% of any potential payout. Will take my chances on suing them for the full amount if your claim wins and sets a precedent ;)

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #727 on: 04-04-19, 11:11PM »
I think the following is correct, and hope that others can confirm or refute my belief's.

You can only claim upto a maximum of 6 years from the date of the claim. So, if for example the case is finally resolved in our favour in 3 years time (lets face it these cases take time) that would bring us to April 2022, and you put your claim in then.  You would only able be to claim back dated payment to April 2016, whereas if you start your claim now, your back dated payment would (in this example) be dated back to April 2013. This would give 9 years payment vs 6 years payment.

I hope I am correct in my thinking, and if so, I am sure that you have already taken this into account when making your decision, but just in case. :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #728 on: 05-04-19, 03:59AM »
Yes that is right. The later you join the less you get. The more people join then fee can go down. So instead 25% it could be 15%.
Compensation is capped at 20k for 6 years. 3,3k per year. So given example of 9 years give 30k minus fee. Its still more than suing on your own and receiving 20 k max

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #729 on: 05-04-19, 03:31PM »
@Barry, great stuff matey I hope it works out for you. Personaly I am a lazy so and so and am willing to part with 25% of whatever I get so I dont have to do owt.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #730 on: 13-05-19, 08:34PM »

BoredBaker

« Reply #731 on: 13-07-19, 11:23AM »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #732 on: 13-07-19, 11:43AM »
I wonder if a judge ever did a day working in a distribution centre and a day workng in a shop sitting on a checkout would that change their outlook...

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #733 on: 13-07-19, 01:25PM »
I have signed up for it could get 20000 but not holding out any hope as they will weasel their way out of it.

1man2jobs

« Reply #734 on: 13-07-19, 04:41PM »
I wonder if a judge ever did a day working in a distribution centre and a day workng in a shop sitting on a checkout would that change their outlook...

been working in stores 10 years and have yet to sit down whilst on duty unless im in the training room for 10 minutes or during any disciplinary stages. I've also worked in distribution for another company picking frozen orders in a chilled warehouse, if I had to compare the two I will easily describe the store work as much more demanding work; and I strongly agree that the roles are at least are of equal value. but hey-ho what do I know..., or the barristers..., or the judges?

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #735 on: 13-07-19, 06:23PM »

been working in stores 10 years and have yet to sit down whilst on duty unless im in the training room for 10 minutes or during any disciplinary stages. I've also worked in distribution for another company picking frozen orders in a chilled warehouse, if I had to compare the two I will easily describe the store work as much more demanding work; and I strongly agree that the roles are at least are of equal value. but hey-ho what do I know..., or the barristers..., or the judges?
Exactly same here stacking on nights. We've had plenty of Magor dc staff come to our store thinking it would be easier than dc, how wrong they were. They all left pretty quickly.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #736 on: 13-07-19, 06:43PM »

No different to the people sat on a forklift truck all day/night is it really. Have you ever worked in a store?

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #737 on: 14-07-19, 08:34AM »
How do I sign up?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #739 on: 02-08-19, 07:26PM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #740 on: 03-08-19, 08:37AM »
When does the next thing of any significance happen in the ASDA case? Decided not to go with one of the claims companies and risk losing 25% of any potential payout. Will take my chances on suing them for the full amount if your claim wins and sets a precedent ;)

Ok people, forgive my ignorance here but...if the Supreme Court rules in favour and the case is won...why don't all shopfloor colleagues, employed during the 6 year timescale automatically receive the backpay, and not just the ones who signed up for the claim?? Surely once it's found in the shopworker's favour, it would encompass all those workers employed during the relevant time?? If the court has passed the ruling, then the precedent is surely set for all??

Not looking to ride on the backs of others here, I realise that solicitor fees are being charged, and to be paid by you all should you lose, just confused as to why its only awarded to those claiming, and only in ratio of the timescale from the date of signing up??

Again I emphasise I'm not hoping to gain at your expense, I'm am just honestly confused  :(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #741 on: 03-08-19, 08:44AM »
Lucego, my thoughts exactly. I also decided not to use a claim company in the hope that if a payout is made we would all get a sniff.

Nightworker23

« Reply #742 on: 03-08-19, 09:12AM »
I think it works like the PPI claims.  You have to express a complaint and claim what's owed to you.  Otherwise the banks would just have to repay everybody owed, rather than just those who claim.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #743 on: 03-08-19, 01:36PM »
Surely in light of recent payouts by Tesco , pension and cycle to work scheme taking you to below minimum wage and pfs time to cross carpark , once they realised they would have to payout , they would just pay it to everyone owed at one time rather than have to faff about with individual claims ??

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #744 on: 03-08-19, 02:17PM »
So if like a PPI claim Tesco have no choice but to pay out if you put in a complaint yourself you receive 100% of the pay out and not pay a fee to the claim company??

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #745 on: 03-08-19, 02:20PM »
That's my thinking. If tesco do have to pay out then the employees who didn't use a claims company could be better off than the ones that did.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #746 on: 03-08-19, 02:32PM »

1man2jobs

« Reply #747 on: 03-08-19, 03:48PM »
That's my thinking. If tesco do have to pay out then the employees who didn't use a claims company could be better off than the ones that did.

No, because even with paying 25% it works out better to join through Leigh Day.  Leigh Day claims get backdated 6 years from claim received plus the time it takes to resolve (in my particular case that will be 2012 until est resolution date 2022); whereas a private claim after the ruling will be no more than 6 years and may be capped.  In my case the Leigh Day option provides better compensation regardless of the 25%.  Someone did comment somewhere within this thread that the more people who sign up the percentage goes down, however I've not read this from Leigh Day but from a comment made in this forum.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #748 on: 03-08-19, 04:11PM »
Phew! glad it wasn't me being totally thick there, and others were also uncertain  ;)

So we've had a bit of clarity now, and the ones who signed up will only be out of pocket if they lose, but reap an extra benefit should they win, plus, I'm taking it, their legal costs will also be met by Tesco?

If the case is proven, I personally think Tesco will only pay out to those who claim, as there will probably be a great deal of ex employees who qualify for payment. It would be a mammoth task for Tesco to work out each individual employees circumstances, length of service during the timescale, and paying the part %. Not to mention locating each individual, and would they even hold contact details, service records and employee numbers, including those who've since retired or sadly passed away, which would mean contacting surviving family...and let's face it they cocked up a few redundancy payments, and those staff had only just left  :-X

No, it's my opinion, that the onus will be on the ex employees to claim and provide proof of employment, by means of dates, location, job title and employee number...so I would urge everyone to keep those details for future reference.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #749 on: 03-08-19, 04:30PM »
Probably it will be years before it all gets sorted as the appeal court has granted Asda leave to appeal against the lastest claim.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk