Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

07-08-20, 12:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47760
  • Total Topics: 956
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Name them and shame them!!  (Read 6488 times)

rogerthedodger

Re: Name them and shame them!!
« Reply #25 on: 01-04-20, 09:07AM »
Let’s Be honest, Tesco are doing what they need to stay operational and keep positive PR. One big issue is Homeshopping, The levels they talk of opening up delivery slots, is bigger than Christmas impossible that that doesn’t compromise people’s health and safety people stacking the shopping can’t keep distance, shopper in/out of department can’t keep distance? Trays being handled by pickers/drivers/ dispatchers? Customers round n round, the solutions  Get more people!! Seriously! Crackers! Will all end in tears.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 01-04-20, 09:20AM »
Wonder if R'Dave will be contributing a large wedge of his golden handshake, or even donating it all back to the company?? Or the charities whose incomes have dried up...or the frontline volunteers in his area...anyone apart from himself ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #27 on: 01-04-20, 11:00AM »
Paracetamol comes from india mainly and they stopped exporting. they supply 60% of the worlds supply. Hence the price increase.
m&a pharmacy in daisy hill near Bolton make it.
« Last Edit: 01-04-20, 11:43AM by Nomad »

Sidewinder

« Reply #28 on: 01-04-20, 06:55PM »
They might make the tablets but the raw ingredients are almost certainly sourced overseas - likely from China

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 01-04-20, 07:31PM »
Paracetamol comes from india mainly and they stopped exporting. they supply 60% of the worlds supply. Hence the price increase.
m&a pharmacy in daisy hill near Bolton make it.
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Paracetamol manufacturers | traders | suppliers

Duchefa Farma B.V. from Netherlands.
    Glosel India Impex Pvt Ltd. from India.
    Chemizo Enterprise from India.
    Atabay K.S.V.T. from Turkey.
    Sugun Pharma from India.
    Oceanic Pharma from India.
    United Pharma Industries Co Ltd from China.
    Anqiu Lu'An from China

HelpME23

« Reply #30 on: 01-04-20, 09:34PM »
I work nights and dot com are a real health hazard at the moment. Not one staying 6 feet from anyone, coughing and spluttering and all really tired from getting up at 1am! Disaster waiting to happen in my opinion

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 01-04-20, 09:44PM »
Wonder if R'Dave will be contributing a large wedge of his golden handshake, or even donating it all back to the company?? Or the charities whose incomes have dried up...or the frontline volunteers in his area...anyone apart from himself ???
Would you? Easy to say yes i would do it but no-one ever does.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 02-04-20, 09:12AM »
No one ever does ??? Err...the footballers given over their hotel for NHS workers, maintaining and paying their workforce, at a personal financial loss. Celebrities donating hundred of thousands of pounds. These aren't publicity stunts, they aren't going to gain any sort of boost to their incomes or preferential treatment riding on the back of this.
R'Dave makes an announcement that Tesco as a company, are donating huge amounts to food banks etc...during the crisis.
Everyday Joe's are helping out, selflessly donating their time and money, which on a par of their income to Dave's, is a huge wedge.
Which brings me to certain posters stating how generous Tesco are giving their staff 10% extra, relating to 28p per hr. for CA's. Now I believe that includes senior managers ( please someone correct me if I'm wrong). So let's compare the 10% they are receiving per hr. Will that poster state how much 10% per hr equates for them?? Those who lead from the back, telling their CA's they are there to fill shelves and serve on checkouts.
The whole workforce should be getting a set monetary amount, regardless of status!

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 02-04-20, 09:20AM »
That’s totally right the way I read it manager would get 10% of their salary which would be 3000 pounds to some managers way wrong tell me if I am wrong .

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #34 on: 02-04-20, 10:24AM »
No one ever does ??? Err...the footballers given over their hotel for NHS workers, maintaining and paying their workforce, at a personal financial loss. Celebrities donating hundred of thousands of pounds. These aren't publicity stunts, they aren't going to gain any sort of boost to their incomes or preferential treatment riding on the back of this.
R'Dave makes an announcement that Tesco as a company, are donating huge amounts to food banks etc...during the crisis.
Everyday Joe's are helping out, selflessly donating their time and money, which on a par of their income to Dave's, is a huge wedge.
Which brings me to certain posters stating how generous Tesco are giving their staff 10% extra, relating to 28p per hr. for CA's. Now I believe that includes senior managers ( please someone correct me if I'm wrong). So let's compare the 10% they are receiving per hr. Will that poster state how much 10% per hr equates for them?? Those who lead from the back, telling their CA's they are there to fill shelves and serve on checkouts.
The whole workforce should be getting a set monetary amount, regardless of status!

28p an hour is 10% of the hourly wage? I hope you don't work on checkouts, stock control or cash office!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 02-04-20, 10:34AM »
So your nitpicking picked up on something I believed I'd read in another post..well done you!!

Now would you like to address the rest of my post ??? Perhaps starting with retracting your statement that "no one ever does"  ???

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 02-04-20, 11:00AM »
It was on the 10% bonus for coronavirus thread #37 by renown, which I misinterpreted, when they stated staff were to receive 28p per hour above the National Minimum Wage.
I'm always happy to be corrected...are you ???

Pimpernel19

• That damned, elusive, pimpernel.
« Reply #37 on: 02-04-20, 01:49PM »
Well lets start naming and shaming with Tosco and one example of there prices , charging 50p for a packet of Paracetamol that you can buy from Home Bargains , B and M and other stores for around  25P - 30P for the same pack ? . Is that not profiteering and greed ?. :-X :-X

And i for one will be boycotting two of my local shops that have closed that sell newspapers , groceries , cigarettes , confectionery and alcohol etc , the government have not told independent shops to close -  if they want to close that's there choice - but if they can not be bothered to serve the local community when there needed the most , then all the community should boycott them when they do decide to reopen the same as i will be doing . Normally i would support the independents but not on this occurrence .

And yet you work for them. Supplying your labour for what I'm sure you believe to be poor recompense, all to help Tesco "profit from this situation".

Hypocrite.

Why not get a job with a company that has morals you agree with? Leave the filthy Tesco behind you.

It couldn't be because nobody else would have you could it? In my younger days it was difficult to get a job with Tesco, you had to be smart, capable, hard working and dedicated.
Nowadays they let any god's amount of s*** work for them and it breaks my heart to see this once fine, upstanding bastion of excellence employing people that a few years ago we would have never allowed to even shop with us.

Your bastion of excellence is now populated by insular management who only care about their own little lot and protecting their own arse..they would sooner knife each other in the back than help each other out. Below them are the disillusioned serfs who spend their time trying to work out if what they are being told is official policy or the figment of a managers vivid imagination. Above all are the overlords at head office who pleasure themselves creating a climate of fear and resentment. Yes the company has changed beyond all recognition, but the rot started from the top down. If you want happy hard working staff just give them capable caring management.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #38 on: 02-04-20, 03:30PM »
Administrator Comment On that note we will bring this wayward topic to an end.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk