Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

26-05-20, 11:21AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6815
  • Latest: Smell22
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46210
  • Total Topics: 936
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell? Well Hello Delores!!  (Read 55964 times)

OpShunned

• Smart Arse

oliver

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell? Well Hello Delores!!
« Reply #1 on: 23-01-17, 11:20AM »
Opshunnd share market is another form of gambling depending on how long it is to buy home theres no garentees i do the save as you earn and if they dont go up i just get my money back so don't loosea anything its another way of saving for something,and there isn't a good interest rate anywhere,these people are short sellers they do it in many companies to make quick bucks for themselves.

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 23-01-17, 11:29AM »
Fair points Oliver  :)

What struck me most is the trend of other 'shorters' to pull out of the supermarket feeding grounds yet this 'Delores' has ventured into waters that others have left.

Valleycommando

« Reply #3 on: 23-01-17, 03:23PM »

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 23-01-17, 04:34PM »
They have valley commando:
Tesco PLC
LON: TSCO - Jan 23, 4:30 PM GMT
195.16GBXPrice decrease3.14 (1.59%)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 23-01-17, 08:38PM »
Think they are expecting share price  to go down after Brexit is triggered.....as pound will probably fall v Euro and everything we import will become more expensive. As wages nationally are stagnant that will lead to less being spent in Tesco.

plugster

« Reply #6 on: 23-01-17, 09:36PM »

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 23-01-17, 09:50PM »
" No one knows whats going to happen to Tosco in five years ".

With the deficit in the pension fund , the amount of debt the company is in , the state of some of the stores , the false accounting scandal ( that has still not been resolved with heavy fines issued / prosecutions made  ? ) , and the way that the company in general is being managed , then whats to say the company will still be around in five years , it could possibly go the same way as BHS , Woolworths , Comet and many other big retailers ?, or even be subject to a possible take over by some foreign owned company ?  :o :o :-X :-X

thecleaningwoman

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 23-01-17, 10:15PM »

plugster

« Reply #9 on: 23-01-17, 11:02PM »
Probably see the end game when Dastardly Dave and Mattley have milked their bonuses and disappeared into the sunset. Then we'll see what damage they've done. By then most people on this site won't give a rats ass.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #10 on: 23-01-17, 11:39PM »
If anyone here  could give a definitive answer on whether to buy or sell Tesco shares, well frankly, they wouldn't be stacking shelf's in a supermarket.

The way i look at it, currently I've invested less into shares, than what I'll get if I sell, unless that changes I'm happy enough staying put.

BossHog89

« Reply #11 on: 24-01-17, 10:21AM »
I've been thinking of selling mine, but I don't know my shares reference number and after 30 minutes clicking through various pages I am non the wiser on how to sell my shares.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 24-01-17, 11:34AM »
Go online to Equniti and set up an account, or give them a call and sell them over the phone.

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 24-01-17, 10:01PM »

oliver

« Reply #14 on: 25-01-17, 10:18AM »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 25-01-17, 01:18PM »
The Tesco share price is now at 1999 levels. DL you will need to get some false accountants in or the Supertanker will explode. The only way forward now would be a take over but who wants shops where running costs are so high. Get rid of majority of managers, get staff filling with jackets on and dim the lights all day.  :)
« Last Edit: 25-01-17, 01:20PM by JL »

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 12-04-17, 12:21PM »

Employee101

« Reply #17 on: 12-04-17, 12:57PM »
Share prices often increase on rumour and speculation, and Tesco is a very good example of this. The high point of 196 was at yesterday's closing price. All the smart investors would have sold and re-purchased at the low 180s today.

Tesco is one of the greatest underperformers in the entire market, and I would advise people to steer clear of it.

Trolleywally

« Reply #18 on: 12-04-17, 12:59PM »
When I retired In August 2015 sold all my shares and kept 10 shares just to have a vote in the AGM and get a small dividend every six months.

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 12-04-17, 01:09PM »
Share prices often increase on rumour and speculation, and Tesco is a very good example of this. The high point of 196 was at yesterday's closing price. All the smart investors would have sold and re-purchased at the low 180s today.

With Dave Dewis bullish, the media forecasting good results, why would anyone sell shares that may increase on the back of it? Surely you'd wait for the spike that day and sell the following morning rather than re-buy and gamble they climb again?

People were telling me that the share price would rise today, not fall quite dramatically.
« Last Edit: 12-04-17, 01:11PM by OpShunned »

Employee101

« Reply #20 on: 12-04-17, 04:24PM »
Share dealing is always a gamble. Often the increase is conjured up by nothing more than sentiment (and bs from CEOs) and is already priced in before results are released. It happened in the last quarter's figures as well, and often happens right across the market. Experienced investors who know what they are doing can see the signs and cues often before they happen.

Nobody gets it right every time, but there are ways and means of minimising risk and increasing profit. Tesco is a terrible share, because it is wildly unpredictable, which mirrors the company itself. Maybe when all of the fines have been paid, and if the Booker merger goes through, things will start to improve over the long term. I still wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

blutopia

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 12-04-17, 05:20PM »

plugster

« Reply #22 on: 12-04-17, 08:55PM »

Employee101

« Reply #23 on: 12-04-17, 09:59PM »

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 12-04-17, 10:41PM »
« Last Edit: 12-04-17, 10:49PM by OvaSees »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk