Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

11-07-20, 02:40PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6433
  • Latest: Lolly
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46933
  • Total Topics: 948
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Company Pension  (Read 47919 times)

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Company Pension
« on: 11-02-06, 12:10AM »

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Company Pension
« Reply #1 on: 11-02-06, 12:16AM »
Have you all received "Your Tesco pension - in the bag"?

Contribution increase of 1%.

I'm not surprised. But at least it's staying. According to Tesco's financial statements it needs to increase contributions for 10 years to cover it's acturial shortfall.

Tonka ... I couldn't remember receiving a letter last year, definately didn't reply to one, so I checked by ringing the pension helpline ... and Tuggie is still in the Final Salary scheme.

The Mrs (Administrator)

The Hurricane

« Reply #2 on: 11-02-06, 02:36AM »
Having consulted a financial advisor recently, I asked them to look over my Tesco Company Pension. The advisor was genuinly impressed with the pension scheme as it currently stands for full time staff (not sure how it duffers for part timers). I would not consider moving my pension, unless I left the company!

HE WHO DARES DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN, BUT THEY ALWAYS GET THE BOOBY PRIZE!

hotlips

« Reply #3 on: 06-07-06, 02:44AM »
Am very pleased with my pension and would never have considered joining the scheme that Morrisons ran but jumped at the chance to join up to tesco pension. Can't be beaten I think (unless someone out there knows different of course)

Luv my Southern Soulmate

Little Tinker

« Reply #4 on: 07-07-06, 05:34AM »
As long as theres money in the account in 20 years when i finish, il be a happy bunny  ;D ;D

Heaven never forsake's those who try !!!!!!

jester

« Reply #5 on: 10-09-06, 12:56PM »
I was quite fortunate to have started my pension in my teenage years, so it is going quite nicely as we speak.

zorro

« Reply #6 on: 10-09-06, 07:42PM »
As the hurricane said i also seen a finical adviser and he told me to stick with that pension,because it is probably the best one out there.

jester

« Reply #7 on: 22-12-06, 03:12AM »
Well, since I have moved jobs, I am expecting a letter about my pension, not sure if they will freeze it or what, anyone help here?

I am not a number! I am a free man!

Sanmay

« Reply #8 on: 22-12-06, 03:50AM »
Why not give them a ring SJ  ...try the helpline 01992647810.

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm...Sats 8am-1pm:)

Sanmay (Moderator)

I'm laughin, I'm laughin

jester

« Reply #9 on: 22-12-06, 10:46PM »
Thank you Sanmay, I will, watch this space...

jester

« Reply #10 on: 23-12-06, 06:36PM »
My mother told me what I needed to know in the end. I tried to ring the phone number within the times stated, and got this response:
"Hello, we are unable to take your call, and you are unable to leave a message, please call back tomorrow" click, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
How helpful.

jester

« Reply #11 on: 01-02-07, 02:48PM »
Got a letter about my pension the other day, I chose to leave it where it was for the time being. Second time though I have been sent a letter requesting a response, but got no prepaid envelope inwhich to do so...

Ketchup does not hide pepper...

beefy

« Reply #12 on: 28-02-07, 04:31PM »
i think anyone who joined before 2001 is on final salary pension which is protected by law.anyone who joined after that date is still protected by law now,but isnt as financially rewarding.inflation,success etc. final salary i thought was that they take an average wage of your last 2 years service.the new one is they double your contribution which goes into a pot.i assume they dip in and top up each year as the business requires.this is what im led to believe,if anyone knows more please share.

HinckleyWorker

« Reply #13 on: 06-11-08, 07:38PM »

fatty

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 08-12-08, 11:57PM »
The pension fund is now as im sure you are aware undergoing its three yearly review. I wonder how it is faring in this economic climate?
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 17-02-09, 03:23PM »
Letters are out.  They are proposing a 1% increase in employee contributions spread over two years, .5% from April 2009 and .5% from April 2010.

toshbosh

« Reply #16 on: 23-02-09, 10:20AM »
here s a thought for everyone If tescot has 250 000 UK based staff each paying into the pension scheme and tescot keep making DC tescot staff redundant replacing them with agency staff who are not based in the UK, they are not paying into the staff pension scheme then there's going to be a short fall, and who is going to make up the difference, it's going to be the staff that are left working for tescot. So in a short period of time our contributions are going to increase to about 10% just to make up the shortfall  (?)) (?))

fatty

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 23-02-09, 07:02PM »
Of course they also will get less of a pension as they no longer work for the company :'( :p:
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

TOSer

« Reply #18 on: 23-02-09, 10:24PM »
So in the letter it said they want the employee contribution to go from 4.75% to 5%
and the Tesco contribution will go to 11.1%. 

What is that up from then? if it 0.25% and not 0.1% I would be surprised, do they
think people are stupid and that they wont notice they haven't said what the increase for
them will be.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #19 on: 05-04-09, 12:52PM »
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

tracy151

« Reply #20 on: 16-04-09, 12:01PM »
my husband being paying his pension for 30yrs uniq, he just been told not much money left in pension. he also paid to have another pension from work to top it up. which has been frozen

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 21-04-09, 09:54PM »

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 22-04-09, 11:32PM »

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #23 on: 04-06-09, 11:55PM »
Barclays close final salary pension to existing members, BP close final salary pension to new members.

UNITE say: ""It's outrageous and totally unacceptable for employers with good long-term prospects to use the recession as an excuse to cut pensions. Unite will fully support its members if they decide to stand up to employers hell bent on eroding pension benefits during the recession."

Morrisons close final salary pension - USDAW agrees.

>:(

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 16-02-10, 11:12PM »
Dunno if it is relevant but my pension payments, due to a technical error, were not deducted during the bank holidays.  Now they are going to deduct the full amount from my next wage payment.  Sincere apologies were given and If I have any queries I should contact my PM.
Going off thread and on a tangent, I hate the Cardinal card.  If I have slightly less on it than will buy me some food or other then it is money in Tesco's pocket gathering interest.
How many thousands of people have money in their Cardinal card that they cannot use but Tesco can?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk