Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

08-07-20, 06:19AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46835
  • Total Topics: 945
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 51
Total: 53

Author Topic: bereavement  (Read 25039 times)

King1999

• Regular Pain
Re: bereavement
« Reply #100 on: 25-05-20, 06:43PM »
I would go off with stress the company doesn’t give a dam anymore.Look after yourself.

Cinderella

« Reply #101 on: 18-06-20, 10:48PM »
I lost a relative just yesterday, and now being told they may not be considered a ‘close relative’, despite the fact I’ve been this person’s carer for years.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #102 on: 19-06-20, 03:32AM »
It's shouldn't really be challenged but (from experience in our store) a lot of Asian workers go off with 3 to 4 different elderly relatives / cousins etc, same for friends and such, just explain that it's a relative of yours who's dear to you and to put it down for bereavement, if they don't then you can always challenge it, so don't back down on it, everyone has their interpretation and some are closer to some than others. You've always go equality to fall back on too if anyone else has had any "non" relatives pass and such as you should be also entitled to it.

Under normal circumstances we would class immediate family as spouses, partners, parents, in-laws, siblings, children and grandparents, but we understand that not everyone has the same family situation, and therefore bereavement leave will be assessed on a case by case basis depending on your individual circumstances. 
« Last Edit: 19-06-20, 03:39AM by oldfashionedplayer »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #103 on: 19-06-20, 08:24AM »
I think I heard there was new legislation being planned to be passed through regarding bereavement leave, at the moment, it's a bit lacking though.

Cinderella

« Reply #104 on: 19-06-20, 08:50AM »
It's shouldn't really be challenged but (from experience in our store) a lot of Asian workers go off with 3 to 4 different elderly relatives / cousins etc, same for friends and such, just explain that it's a relative of yours who's dear to you and to put it down for bereavement, if they don't then you can always challenge it, so don't back down on it, everyone has their interpretation and some are closer to some than others. You've always go equality to fall back on too if anyone else has had any "non" relatives pass and such as you should be also entitled to it.

Under normal circumstances we would class immediate family as spouses, partners, parents, in-laws, siblings, children and grandparents, but we understand that not everyone has the same family situation, and therefore bereavement leave will be assessed on a case by case basis depending on your individual circumstances. 

Thank you, I was hoping it would be a case by case basis, and not just a case of where someone sits on your family tree! I have a very small family, only six of us left now that we’ve lost a family member this week, so this death has left a gaping hole, especially as some of us were his carers.  I will give my manager a call later and see what information I can get.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk