Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

30-09-20, 06:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48443
  • Total Topics: 974
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 56
Total: 58

Author Topic: Lidl paying £8-20 per hour  (Read 21470 times)

silverbackache

• Know All
Lidl paying £8-20 per hour
« on: 18-09-15, 06:18PM »
Just announced on the news that Lidl are going to pay THIS year £8-20 per hour.  Showing up the big four for what they are, money grabbing, dole supplemented hypocrites.
« Last Edit: 19-02-20, 08:51PM by Nomad »

dogslave

« Reply #1 on: 18-09-15, 06:30PM »
If they can pay so can tosco, will they? Like f++k.

Blondie1981

« Reply #2 on: 18-09-15, 06:40PM »
But you forget...Lidl is a business on the way up, The big T is heading in the opposite direction.

by the way I was in a Lidl store yesterday...I didn't notice groups of managers hanging about chatting rumbling ...perhaps that is another difference between the two companies....... :-\

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 18-09-15, 07:09PM »
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 18-09-15, 07:55PM »
Not big T anymore more like little t that pay rise is 14% no chance in 100 years of us getting that ,more chance of following woolworths

picktocube

« Reply #5 on: 18-09-15, 08:32PM »
Remember that the hourly rate is all that they get paid,they do not pay premiums for sundays,bank holidays or nightshifts, although not many of the stores work through the night.

silverbackache

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 18-09-15, 08:40PM »
But didn't Tosco think it was a great idea when the Chancelor announced it in the budget?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 18-09-15, 08:41PM »
Do Lidl workers pay their own stamp, like Aldi staff used to when they first opened in the UK?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 18-09-15, 10:43PM »
Serving Tesco's ex- shoppers a LIDL better every day

picktocube

« Reply #9 on: 18-09-15, 10:55PM »
That may be ,but ,my local Lidl always have vacancies,so,yes you could walk in the door and get a job straight away,but talk to their staff,and the promise of a hefty payrise won't keep them there.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #10 on: 18-09-15, 11:01PM »
Lidl workers are not self-employed. They are employees just as we are.

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #11 on: 18-09-15, 11:05PM »

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 19-09-15, 06:55AM »
I had always thought they were on more money than this anyway but as said above they don't seem to be able to keep their staff. I have known of several people who have left us and gone to them but have come back. Same with other retailers.
I gather you have to do what you are told, ordered, and you have to do all jobs. The pace is very high.

artimis

« Reply #13 on: 19-09-15, 10:55AM »
Better busy than bored, day goes so much quicker.

burns2015

« Reply #14 on: 19-09-15, 11:47AM »
Do Lidl workers pay their own stamp, like Aldi staff used to when they first opened in the UK?

No and neither do Aldi

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 19-09-15, 03:22PM »
Lidl turning the screw on Tesco again, the only way Tesco will be able to compete on wages going forward is by getting rid of full time employees ,sad as that statement maybe(in my opinion).

DairyMaid

« Reply #16 on: 19-09-15, 04:54PM »
Been doing that for a long time Terry the Gonads , try getting a job at Tosco with a contract of more than 7 hours nowadays oh testicular one.

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 19-09-15, 07:40PM »
I don't just think it's as clear cut as saying that 'full time' employees will be the targets, in my opinion it will those on pensions, sickness benefits and all the other things that go with an 'old contract', meaning those colleagues will be viewed as pariahs. It will be an insidious conversion with the heirarchy thanking colleagues for their dedication as the last one walks through the door.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 19-09-15, 07:58PM »
To get rid of full time GA positions would mean them buying their hours. They will go with natural wastage as the full timers leave/retire they will be replaced with short hour flexi contracts. Only managers will be full time (for now) though I can visualise the PM being the next target?? Put on part time hours or condensed to a local office. God knows all our PM ever seems to do is draw stupid feel good posters!!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #19 on: 19-09-15, 10:02PM »
« Last Edit: 19-09-15, 10:05PM by Digimon »

delightful-donuts

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #20 on: 20-09-15, 05:01AM »
Also when you factor in the one and half hour each shift that we Don't get paid for then our hourly rate isn't 'one of the best in retail' at all!!!...nearer to 'one of the worst' I'd say?!!!!.....Dave???!
             :thumbdown: 

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 20-09-15, 07:44AM »
A break entitlement of an hour and a half that you do not work.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 20-09-15, 08:13AM »
That is why wot is the point having break at all if its unpaid:D ...
 I would prefer to have no more than 30 min break and life would be more easier !!!!! I worked for about 4 months with 30 min break and it was wonderful  .....
If someone is a f****ng retarded p***y and need ridiculously long breaks then they can have it but why every one must suffer??????!!!!!!!!!!!! i remember that years back in my old store my night senior mgr wanted to cut breaks by half to 45 minutes and he was collecting signatures from staff but at the end most of idiots didn't agree for cutting break  time so we stuck with 1,5h unpaid breaks
Even 30 min paid break can give us over 800 pounds more a year. Plus do not forget that all the time you spend in the store/depo etc it is the time you are giving to the company so why should we waist that time to be there for nothing???!!!
You girl/guys might do not know but for example in Poland you are "at work from" the moment you leave your home on your way to work  to the moment you come back from work. Yes company isn't paying you for time you need to get from place to place but if you will have an accident you can claim money from employer as the accident happen during the time you "give" to the company. This is what you call unions fighting for employees benefits not like USDAW pussys.

delightful-donuts

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #23 on: 20-09-15, 08:39AM »
A break entitlement of an hour and a half that you do not work.
An hour and a half that  I'd rather spend 'at home' 'sleeping' or whatever other way takes ' my fancy' NOT being stuck in Tesco's...thankyou very much!
And as I'm sure you're aware, Saintsbury's, Asda & Morrisons staff DO get paid for some ( if not all?) of their breaks! - so take this into account and as I said, Tesco's don't pay the best hourly rate of the 'big four' supermarkets.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 20-09-15, 08:47AM »
Unless Tesco raises it's pay it will find it increasingly harder to attract the best to its stores and will also see loads more people leave ( unless this is part of a bigger plan to get more of those on old contracts to quit).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk