Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

11-07-20, 04:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6434
  • Latest: Dspens6
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46945
  • Total Topics: 948
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pension Changes  (Read 92479 times)

burns2015

Pension Changes
« on: 20-04-15, 08:22AM »

Tegai

• Know All
Re: Pension Changes
« Reply #1 on: 20-04-15, 08:26AM »
What does "up to 5%" mean? Could be 0.5%?

burns2015

« Reply #2 on: 20-04-15, 08:33AM »
means that's maximum Tesco will pay for example you choose to pay in 6%  Tesco will still only pay 5%.

Duracell

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 20-04-15, 08:35AM »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 20-04-15, 09:03AM »
« Last Edit: 20-04-15, 09:05AM by Loki »

Tenko

« Reply #5 on: 20-04-15, 09:36AM »
Tesco will use the lack of response on the feedback channel that they will inevitably receive as their main reason to forge ahead with the changes.
You have to encourage as many responses as possible.I would suggest that a carefully thought out response could be posted here for people to use and send.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 20-04-15, 10:36AM »
- Formal pension consultation will start from Monday 20 April which all members
  of the pension scheme will have the opportunity to participate in.

Be that as it may, I expect Usdaw members to be balloted once the consultation process has come to an end.

Having said that, why are my teeth clenched, fingernails dug into the palms of my hands and despite the warm sunshine, a chill running down my spine?

After all, with Usdaw's deafening silence during the entirity of the restructure consultation process and its aftermath, one can only remain cynical regarding their so called involvement during this so called consultation regarding the annihilation of our defined benefit pension scheme. A pension scheme, I may add, of which attracted many of us to work for Tesco in the first place.

The mere fact that the word consultation is being used instead of negotiation has rung some rather large bells. After all, this is no small change!

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #7 on: 20-04-15, 10:59AM »
Over the years when other job opportinuties have arrived, our pension has been a big tipping point with me staying with the company.  I fear usdaw will not ballot the members over these sustantian changes, every other union in the uk would most definately be battoting. Yet again like loki.has said, consultation instead of negotiatons makes my heart sink

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 20-04-15, 01:18PM »

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 20-04-15, 02:22PM »
With reference to the Store Reps involved....

[attachment deleted by admin]

pike stupidboy!

« Reply #10 on: 20-04-15, 03:04PM »
I worry like Loki that "consultation " was not used untill we were in the meeting hastily arranged this morning as the phrase used was " we have a briefing on pensions in a bit will you attend ?"

Yes and there we were all 35 of us waiting for the script to be read out when along came the phrase

" you are now entering into a 90 day consultation " WTF. ??  Oh how open and honest , really do you think the majority of the workforce understand enough to question and give feedback on a pension system ? Enough to make a difference I think not ! its a done deal .....

« Last Edit: 20-04-15, 03:05PM by pike stupidboy! »

gytha_ogg

« Reply #11 on: 20-04-15, 04:55PM »
Could someone possibly explain, in simple terms, exactly what the changes will mean to the average bod?

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #12 on: 20-04-15, 05:04PM »
You will get less money when you retire. noware near as good as the old pensions. Don't think I will bother to be in this new one

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 20-04-15, 05:16PM »
Agree with all that is being said, this will happen no matter what the "consulation" is nothing more than the company going through the motions. Drastic Dave would be well advised to stop sending e-mails and putting videos on youtube saying how he values us all and wants to do his best for us. After today even the few people who normally fall for such c**p in our store could see what is really going on. One can only wonder what will be the next thing the company take from us as theres not a lot left is there.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

burns2015

« Reply #14 on: 20-04-15, 05:37PM »
All Dave rattles on about is for the good of our customers. So its f*** the Staff and let them suffer in there retirement just so they can knock 10p off a loaf of bread.

newgen10

• Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 20-04-15, 05:58PM »
Its like U S D A W total c**p and a waste of space .
WHY DO WE BOTHER ANYMORE??

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 20-04-15, 07:35PM »
If you can afford the 5% contributions then treat the new scheme as a long term savings plan which has much a better return than normally available due to Tesco matching the contributions (up to 5%).
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

stockrotateman

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 20-04-15, 08:22PM »
Anybody read usdaw comments in the grocer, we would encourage every member of the pension scheme to to participate in the consultation and give there feedback we will try to overturn this decision by tosco.yeah right.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 20-04-15, 08:52PM »
So why do I get the feeling that Usdaw will cherry pick emails and twist the overall comments to save face?

This is not a minor change!

A ballot of members is what's needed at the end of the consultation to decide whether or not the proposals are accepted.

Grave concerns I have with the word "consultation" in place of negotiation.

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 20-04-15, 09:12PM »

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 20-04-15, 09:18PM »
You are so write The Mrs I will be one of those staff after twenty years I've just about had enough

valleyboy

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 20-04-15, 09:27PM »
And  who's called for a branch meeting to tell usdaw what to do?

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 20-04-15, 09:49PM »

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #23 on: 21-04-15, 12:03AM »

burns2015

« Reply #24 on: 21-04-15, 12:29AM »
Alex the death in service is currently 3 times your salary its actually changing to 4 times your salary.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk