Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-09-20, 02:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6883
  • Latest: Spd73
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48355
  • Total Topics: 973
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 525
  • (11-07-20, 04:47PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Colleague shop purchases  (Read 13553 times)

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: Colleague shop purchases
« Reply #25 on: 11-06-20, 02:32AM »

I have vague memories of reading that the club card method was a temporary measure, as the system wasn't originally designed for something like colleague shop in mind.

And then a few months after that,  there was an update basically saying you no longer had to scan the colleague shop items.

Hope that's the case, otherwise I've been doing some amount of "stealing" since then.

NorthernJ14

« Reply #26 on: 11-06-20, 02:51AM »
Still need scanning at our place even as recent as Thursday, has to have the CS in the corner and scan your colleague card otherwise it isn't marked as free on the receipt - got stung from that once when I forgot my colleague card.
You don't scan stuff in the staff room or canteen as far as I know only stuff from the reduction areas.
Added a receipt picture if you're curious.

https://i.imgur.com/m6vBaVV.jpg

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #27 on: 11-06-20, 03:13AM »
Jeez now I'm curious, it's not something I would use all that much, but we certainly don't need to scan it.

Nvm, I read your last part about staff rooms, didn't realise there was a difference between that any other colleague shop stuff, shows how much I use it.
« Last Edit: 11-06-20, 03:17AM by alf »

dairyfresh

« Reply #28 on: 11-06-20, 05:38AM »
The official way is it goes through checkouts with your clubcard but theres still an option on the PDAs.

Cairney39

• Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 11-06-20, 06:44AM »
Hi there, i'm not sure if anyone will see this but i have a question regarding the cs discount after 9pm...

As of recently after 9pm i go to the store and see whats in the bargain area after taking a few items with a CS label, i go to pay (get for free) and when the items i have should be free for me as i am a worker at tesco and have been for a year now i see that i am being charged for these reduced items that should be free. i thought there was no limit on how often you could get the item and how much value you could receive from them? why am i getting charged? thing is it's not like it's full price of the reduction it's a completely random value somewhat lower than the total should be. BUT either way these should be FREE no?

So there are 2 types of colleague shop products, relevant to every store in every format.
The first is an item that has been through the reduction process during THAT day, this would remain on sale to customers and after 9pm, if scanned through the toll with a colleague clubcard should be discounted to FREE. It must have CS on the label in the corner, now, if it’s an item from the previous day accidentally left on the shelf, it won’t work. It must be that days stock and have been reduced about 3 times, and will be sitting at 75% off at 9pm.
The other type is when an item dated today is found late at night and gets reduced. This item will be on sale but won’t have CS on the label as the correct reduction process hasn’t been followed. In order for a colleague to take these home free, they need to be “scanned in” to Colleague Shop and a brand new Colleague Shop barcode attached to them. These can be taken home by anyone and will be in a back area/canteen/warehouse.
Additionally, if you are working late, and are new, and don’t have a colleague clubcard, this is the way that a manager can scan items dated for today after 9pm and label them To allow you to take them, as you won’t have a colleague clubcard yet.

Cinderella

« Reply #30 on: 11-06-20, 12:21PM »
So 24 hour stores get it from 9pm and those who close at midnight get it at 11pm... Seems fair.

The ‘one hour before closing’ part usually applies to Sunday and Bank Holiday, otherwise it’s fixed at after 9pm, no matter the closing time

Veryhelpful2020

« Reply #31 on: 21-06-20, 04:14PM »
Is there official policy written somewhere on the “colleague shop”?

Bean23

« Reply #32 on: 21-06-20, 10:57PM »
Last thing I read you can shop the college shop before you start , during your break or at the end of your shift. And its live 1 hour before closing time.  You have to scan at a checkout using you discount card.  Manager in our store sent out a note to everyone as a few were abusing it , being greedy.

melona

« Reply #33 on: 08-07-20, 01:32PM »
I am also looking for Tesco's policy with regards to the Colleague Shop procedure as we have a new store manager who has decided that staff shouldn't take anything at all. The last reductions (with CS label) are done at around 6.30pm, they are put out for customers and out of what is left at 9pm, some is given to charity and the rest is wasted immediately.
So basically absolutely nothing is made available for evening and night staff to take home for free (the colleagues doing the reductions are told to waste everything, checkout managers are told to hand everything in the put backs that has the CS label to the reductions guys by 9pm and managers are checking that we are not scanning CS items!).
Does anyone know where the actual policy can be found?
Also, is there a way to complain anonymously to Head Office? Thank you very much :-) 

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 08-07-20, 01:42PM »
as far as i'm concerned that manager can stick it up his arse. it's usually only fit for the bin anyway >:D

melona

« Reply #35 on: 08-07-20, 03:28PM »
To be honest with you, I saved a lot of money on grocery shopping when I was able to take home CS items plus I hate that perfectly fine food ends up in the bin! Two days ago there was a WHOLE cage of bananas thrown away, I don't understand why he would want to do something like that!
I just cannot find an official policy anywhere...

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 08-07-20, 04:30PM »
I thought the whole point of CS was to do away with waste??

Perhaps a word in the shell like of the local rag...in all of this pandemic, and food banks running out of supplies, the staff are being denied " left overs" to help feed their families  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #37 on: 08-07-20, 04:58PM »
Does anyone know where the actual policy can be found?

Found for you https://www.ourtesco.com/2020/01/08/colleague_clubcard_update/

Screenshot won't upload as its way too big so apologies for big text incoming😂

Colleague Shop - On 12 July 2019, we launched of our next-generation Colleague Shop – available in all of our stores across the UK and Northern Ireland, and to be used by all of our colleagues across our stores, distribution centres and offices. The scheme is simple: any colleague with a Colleague Clubcard can collect free surplus food from our reduced-to-clear cabinets one hour before closing, or after 9pm in our 24-hour stores. Items can be taken to the checkout and scanned through as normal, with the cost of the item removed at the end of the transaction after using your Colleague Clubcard. We will continue to work with colleagues to redistribute as much food as possible within both our stores and distribution network, as we move towards having no good food going to waste in our UK operations.

melona

« Reply #38 on: 09-07-20, 02:38AM »
Thank you so much oldfashionedplayer! :-)
« Last Edit: 09-07-20, 10:35AM by Nomad »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 09-07-20, 02:30PM »
Now you print off a few copies of that quote and pin them on staff notice boards...and the union board, giving one to the rep for future reference...if any manager then forbids the sale of these stickered items to staff at the allocated times...you grievance under T&C's, and the rep will produce their copy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk