News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 11:42AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 421
Total: 424

Behaviour during pandemic.

Started by Nomad, 02-06-20, 11:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virus! overall how are/have the company treated their staff ?

very good
71 (19.9%)
good
53 (14.8%)
average
75 (21%)
Poorly
97 (27.2%)
very poorly
61 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 321

1man2jobs

our store had two gang fills during my last shift on 4th june

Panicworker

The hole of the pandemic our management team sat in the wages office eating cake .
We didnt see them which made us feel very comfortable with working for the company.
I was made to marshal the front door where I had no training .
Customers at first where AFRAID which turned to ANGER.
At the present moment they are cutting our wage budget which means that we will be under pressure from management.
The store mental health is suffering.
We need support.
Our union AO hasn't be out for 13 weeks it not on

Halftone84

As far as our express is concerned the answer would be "no different".

Jellytot1

Quote from: Nomad on 02-06-20, 11:32AM
Rate company behaviour so far during this pandemic.

Please try to take a rounded view rather than a purely personal view.
I thought we had been treated ok until I find out the folk that have been off for 12 weeks were also getting the 10% bonus payment bit of a kick in the teeth  >:(

notsofunny

Why are you so unhappy that the company is paying something extra to your fellow workers ?

Do you also begrudge them the pay that they have got for the 12 weeks they had to sit at home ?

I am sure that those that are at home would rather be at work rather than have the illness they have so if they got paid so what ?

T2019sackallmanagers

Quote from: Jellytot1 on 13-06-20, 06:14PM
Quote from: Nomad on 02-06-20, 11:32AM
Rate company behaviour so far during this pandemic.

Please try to take a rounded view rather than a purely personal view.
I thought we had been treated ok until I find out the folk that have been off for 12 weeks were also getting the 10% bonus payment bit of a kick in the teeth  >:(

All the furlough bums accrue holidays too, what a joke!

[admin]Your remark(s) is out of order.[/admin]

notsofunny

As far as I have read on this site and others , Tesco have not furloughed any staff ,

As to calling them bums , if that's what you think of all those millions that have been forced to stay at home , Just be happy knowing that at least you have a job , most of them do not even know if they will have a job to go back to ,

BarryZola

If it's true that those who have had to self-isolate for 12 weeks are being paid the bonus then I should hope this means that those who had to take a week or 2 off to self isolate at any point will now have an extra payment in their next wages to make up for the bonus that we weren't paid for those one or 2 weeks? Fair is fair.

Redshoes

I might be wrong but I thought it was only a mix up on the bank holiday pay as everybody got the bonus for this and it's going to addressed in the next pay.

oldfashionedplayer

I know I was paid more than quite a few that I know of and I've been off... Did do a small amount beforehand but came out better than those who worked throughout, also most who did do it got far less due to being taxed on it, some came out with less than normal pay after the tax on it.

Morris999

There was 2 reasons why the colleagues who are self-isolating got the bonus in the last pay period.
1. There was a system error when coding bank holiday pay, this will be taken back in June’s pay period.
2. The bonus wasn’t fully paid correctly in the pay period before.
If you remember a few on here were complaining about how little they received.
Nearly all colleagues were entitled to nearly 2 weeks bonus before some went into self-isolation.
Only 1 week was paid in some cases due to how holidays are coded in the final week before a pay day.
Basically if you were on holiday in the week ending 8th March your holiday coding would have appeared in April’s pay day.
Which would have impacted the first week of the bonus, which was then paid in the pay day on 29th may.
Hence why some self-isolating colleagues got the bonus in that pay.

T2019sackallmanagers

Quote from: notsofunny on 14-06-20, 03:47AM

As far as I have read on this site and others , Tesco have not furloughed any staff ,

As to calling them bums , if that's what you think of all those millions that have been forced to stay at home , Just be happy knowing that at least you have a job , most of them do not even know if they will have a job to go back to ,

Really?
They don't deserve to go back to a job if that's the case!
The system should have paid everyone the same amount so people who worked get a bonus. There are plenty of other sectors that had to work with no extra pay and had to risk themselves. Being paid to stay at home is a joke and who picks up the tab for that? The working people!

lucgeo

I don't think the staff who were on the 12 weeks protection are getting the bonus
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

notsofunny

Quote from: T2019sackallmanagers on 14-06-20, 05:46PM

Really?
The system should have paid everyone the same amount so people who worked get a bonus. There are plenty of other sectors that had to work with no extra pay and had to risk themselves. Being paid to stay at home is a joke and who picks up the tab for that? The working people!

So your saying that all those office workers/Airport workers/airline workers/Builders/Shop workers and many more millions should not have a job to go back to ? and they are all Bums ? Or are you talking about those that have a illness that had to stay at home in case they got the Virus are Bums?
Just seems you have it in for everyone just because you worked ,
As to working people lots of them on this site that work for Tesco that just that working class and due to no fault of there own they have had to stay at home ,

You just come across as so bitter ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As to the Bonus its been said It was a mistake and it will be taken back , And if not then good luck to them

penguin

Some really bitter stuff on here, yeah I do get some of those who have had to work over the last couple of months might have liked to have been paid to stay off and spend some time at home but slagging of those who have seems a bit nasty given the situation.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

BarryZola

To be fair though, it is just blatantly unfair that the majority of workers in this country have just had pretty much fully paid leave for 3 months (after the 80% and taking out commuting costs and the rest) in very nice weather and have had the luxury of being able to stay safe at home and had the opportunity to be fully social distant. This whilst a small proportion have been forced to continue working without realistically having the chance to properly social distance because it was unrealistic to enforce which therefore put those people already being forced to work actually at severely more risk of contracting Covid and dying. And the only thing we'll get from the government for putting ourselves at risk will be a barrage of higher taxes when they start trying to recoup the money. Even if it was something like £300-500 a month or something as a thank you for risking our lives whilst everyone was having barbecues would have been at least something.

I for one am bitter, you're dead right. Some countries have just been giving a flat rate hand out to every citizen over 18 years of age to help keep everyone going. I think the U.S was something like a $1,500 cheque for each person. Over here from the government you've had some people getting £0 for working all through, some people getting £600 a month for not working through and other lucky souls have been getting £2,500 for not going to work. If we would have implemented that over here at least we may have felt a bit valued by the government that has been so willing to throw money at everything and everyone else.

I always thought that the mantra was that if you work hard you'll get rewarded. The opposite seems to be the reality at the moment and it stinks pretty bad. I can't pretend to be happy about it and I don't suppose you will when you see how much your council tax, car tax etc is setting you back in a couple of years. Maybe a bit of a bonus for this would have helped.

NightAndDay

Your anger is misdirected, the reasonable thing for an employer to do is to furlough in light of the current situation, you can't fault furloughed employees for being "lazy" they have no choice.

Some such as myself are remotely working from home, there is no difference to my pay as we aren't furloughed. The nature of the grocery part of the business that Tesco runs is that it's deemed "essential" (a lot of people confuse essential with highly skillled, it is essential but not a skilled role the terms mean different things.)

Hard work does pay off in the right industry, Retail is hard work for little appreciation, promotions are hard because there's 100 people for 1 position, it's a numbers game, highly accessible means more people to compete against.

Chambers21

My store have decided to refurbish the canteen this week which means 20+ of us have to squeeze into the tiny training room for lunch  ??? What happened to 2 metres?

[admin]Please do not make same post in two threads. Nomad[/admin]

Nomad

" refurbish the canteen this week", now  that sounds completely wrong and stupid.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Chambers21

Typical Tesco procedure then  ;)

gomezz

I have been completely avoiding the canteen for weeks now.  Fortunately, I have my dot.com van as my personal isolation chamber while I enjoy my lunch.  I have also been using my cap to protect my hand when I need to open a door by pulling on it rather than pushing with my elbow.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Wutdoin

Quote from: T2019sackallmanagers on 14-06-20, 05:46PM

Really?

Booo hooo!

Having an illness that means getting COVID is a death sentence is no walk in the park... Grow up!

notsofunny

Wutdoin

Was aimed at T2019..

notsofunny

Sorry  :'( One of the consequences of Lock down is having a few to many , and then asking something without thinking , mind you I do wonder how shielding has effected others ,,,,,,,,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk