News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:37PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 291
Total: 296

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim up north

The problem is I know of 2 'skivers' who have had 10% bonus even though they havent been at work since March. They have loud voices so I very much doubt it will be taken back. Makes you feel all warm inside, doesnt it..

penguin

We have one in our store, always skiving and bragging about it, 12 weeks off and getting the bonus, I have no issue with anyone needing to be shielded when genuine, but when you have someone using it to get time off then posting photos of themselves on social media with house full of people boozing away it does not go down very well, management are aware so hopefully something will be done.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Redshoes

The biggest errors with wages are due to people not clocking. There are pages of exceptions daily, all this info has to be manually corrected by being signed by a manager or team support and then added to the system. The more work generated like this there is a bigger chance of mistakes. Human error is inevitable as the more often we amend things there is a greater chance of mistakes.
Then add in the system glitches, as has happened with the bonus over the bank holiday. I gather people off work were paid the bonus for the bank holiday. It's not great when things like this happen and in an ideal world it wouldn't but we don't live in an ideal world.

Katarn2000

So true about missed clocks. Plenty of folk won't take responsibility for their own simple part in getting paid right. That, or they're late for work and want to try and hide it. As if that doesn't get noticed haha.

gomezz

This is why I always clock in and out in the +3/-3 minute window even if I leave early so my manager only has to OK the exception and not have to manually alter the time and have a mental of finger whoopsy.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Jonathan1970

Quote from: grim up north on 01-06-20, 01:26PM
The problem is I know of 2 'skivers' who have had 10% bonus even though they havent been at work since March. They have loud voices so I very much doubt it will be taken back. Makes you feel all warm inside, doesnt it..

Why you calling these people skivers, Do you fall into the guidence category to be off for the 12 weeks. If yes then wind your neck in and just accept people have illnesses weather there loud people or not.

grim up north

I'm not calling them 'skivers'. It was a quote from a previous post. But my wages had been gone through with a fine toothed comb(still wrong my bonus i believe), while others not at work so not entitled to the bonus at all get more than I did for risking myself and my family's health. That's why I'm upset about it. The first bonus payment, I got £2.50 more than a colleague(they showed me their wage slip), even though I did 15 hours more overtime than them, within the cut off period. Another f*** up

Jonathan1970

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]
Sounds like your managers not doing/checking exceptions or wages staff are usless, i understand your dissatisfaction now, if you are entitled to the bonus make sure you get it,

grim up north

Thanks. I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Cinderella

Quote from: gomezz on 02-06-20, 01:37PM
This is why I always clock in and out in the +3/-3 minute window even if I leave early so my manager only has to OK the exception and not have to manually alter the time and have a mental of finger whoopsy.

I’ve always been told of this 3 min leeway period, but know of someone in my store who swiped out precisely one minute early, and had 15 mins deducted from their pay

Cinderella

Quote from: grim up north on 02-06-20, 06:04PM
I'm not calling them 'skivers'. It was a quote from a previous post. But my wages had been gone through with a fine toothed comb(still wrong my bonus i believe), while others not at work so not entitled to the bonus at all get more than I did for risking myself and my family's health. That's why I'm upset about it. The first bonus payment, I got £2.50 more than a colleague(they showed me their wage slip), even though I did 15 hours more overtime than them, within the cut off period. Another f*** up

My pay was also messed up. 10% bonus not applied to all hours worked, overtime missing, and for some reason - minus hours included. I now refuse to do any extra time, I don’t trust they will pay me.

Redshoes

I did not think wages were allowed to be cut for early or late clocking now. Late can be because of things not in our control as in bus broken down. It's also a potentially disciplinary issue so can't do that if unpaid, can't do both.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

barafear

You are aware that the bonus we got in pay last Friday related to hours done in previous period (i.e. you need to check your 1 May payslip hours versus your colleague's 1 May payslip hours.

The bonus on the hours you've done in the last four weeks (and paid on 29 May) will be paid in June 26 payslip.

lucgeo

"It's also a potentially disciplinary issue so can't do that if unpaid, can't do both."

Ha! You'd think wouldn't you...but I guarantee there are scores of managers who just don't get that! The amount of times I had to adjourn an SYA meeting, as the manager just wouldn't listen to a situation where a colleague had taken it as unpaid, therefore unable to move onto a disciplinary. I had that section laminated, it was produced that often!

On two seperate occasions I had heated discussions on the shop floor, with two PM's, who insisted that unpaid time off for dependants could be disciplined as couldn't be used indefinitely! They didn't get that there was no limit, that they had to follow and offer support procedures to work with the colleague, if it became a regular occurrence, until all avenues exhausted.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Grimbob

Heaven forfend a massive corporation that churns out millions chucks the lowest on the rung a bone for once, 'deserved' or not. People whinging about skivers need to face reality and realize that it's a problem with the corporation and not the people skiving. Treat people like horsesh*t and you'll get it right back. If I could get away with waxing the company's arse dry while doing less work I would too and I'd love for anyone who disputes this to stare me in the eye and tell me they wouldn't, with the amount of p*ss that Tosco takes out of us.

grim up north

Quote from: barafear on 03-06-20, 12:24PM

You are aware that the bonus we got in pay last Friday related to hours done in previous period (i.e. you need to check your 1 May payslip hours versus your colleague's 1 May payslip hours.

The bonus on the hours you've done in the last four weeks (and paid on 29 May) will be paid in June 26 payslip.

You are aware that in my post you quoted, I said the FIRST period of bonus. The hours/premiums whatever you can come up with, were exactly the same, other than my 15 hours overtime. It all just leaves a bad taste in the mouth

Magpie1

Is this the last month of the bonus?

fatboy

Yep sure is. Last extra 10% is paid in June's salary.

alf

I believe the wording was that the bonus was under continuous review, in regards to how long it would go on for.

Though given that it  seems the country has gone back to near normal (regardless of the rightness of that) I can't see the bonus being extended.

chris9997

checking on my bonus it appears that it has been under paid i worked it out from each pay slip as follows
total  pay( +  pension (if this shows a CR as this is a non taxed deduction) + overtime + bank holiday work, less sick, less the bonus payment less holiday pay less bank holiday pay worked or not (even if you work a bank holiday it will show two payments if it is a contracted shift 1 for contract 1 for day worked x 10% = bonus payment is this correct way? as i am around £100 down.

barafear

chris>

That is a bit of a mouthful what you quoted there.

So, are you referring to the bonus you received in today's pay?

How many hours did you get paid on your May 29th payslip?
Or indeed, what was the total pay for just hours?

so, no sick or AL and do not include the bonus you got paid on your May 29th payslip?

If not too confidential, just quote the amounts you were paid on your May 29th payslip and we can go from there to see whether or not you have been underpaid by £100

chris9997

Sorry I made a mistake and included June’s pay so it’s about right within a couple of pounds thanks anyway.

kaled78

when do we get paid the next bonus,is it in tomorrow(8th jan payday) or the one after?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk