News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 02:04PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 524
Total: 525

Bonus payments

Started by Dundonald, 12-01-24, 10:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

Agree with you, USDAW are a disgrace when it comes to Tesco. One cannot fault the reps in store most of them try there best and want to help  but go above that and its just a gravy train thanks to the one sided partnership that no other union would have accepted. Tesco must have thought Christmas had come early the year the partnership was agreed.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mickymouse1962

Why not ask for a vote on whether to keeitp

penguin

It was raised via store forum several times while I worked for Tesco, always thrown out and we were told the partnership is a long term deal and not up for debate.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Doggiedoodle

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 02-02-24, 02:49PMUSDAW = FAKE UNION  :thumbdown:  (Don't waste your money)
:thumbup:

Bananas1

Nn

Cinderella

Quote from: Dundonald on 12-01-24, 10:39PMLate last year our store manager,reportedly recieved a yearly bonus of 60k,we are a large extra with nightshift and dot com.All hourly paid staff recieved a £5 tesco gift card as a Christmas bonus in 2023,another local extra gave all their staff sweet F##K ALL for Christmas 2023.Did you guys do any better at Christmas?
We saw people coming in to our store with those gift cards, but myself and my colleagues received nothing.

redeo

Quote from: Dundonald on 12-01-24, 10:39PMLate last year our store manager,reportedly recieved a yearly bonus of 60k,we are a large extra with night shift and dot com.All hourly paid staff received a £5 tesco gift card as a Christmas bonus in 2023,another local extra gave all their staff sweet F##K ALL for Christmas 2023.Did you guys do any better at Christmas?
£5 gift card and one drink at the Christmas party. An a spread of food in the canteen everyday.

What I'm really upset off about is the management all going out for a fancy meal paid for out of the social fund.
The social fund is suppose to be events arrange for all staff, not for specific staff only that is my and a former union redp understanding, yet it regularly raided for manager only events, two leaving meals for managers were also paid for out of the social for which only managers were invited as well. Those three meals, rumored to be 500 quid each could have paid for a open bar at the christmas party, something everyone could attend.

Tesco an Union need to tighten up the rules around the social fund uses and enforce them.

redeo

Quote from: londoner83 on 14-01-24, 08:29AMWhen colleagues used to get cash bonuses, there used to be uproar that those on benefits never actually got to see any of the money as their benefits would be reduced due to the extra income....

It's a bit of a no win either way. Give products (people moan) give salary boost (people moan) do nothing (people moan).

Perhaps at the next pay review the money spent on Xmas staff bonuses can be negotiated away for better hourly pay.
Because Salary boost wasn't that much of a salary boost, the first and only bonus I got paid for a holiday to greece. The salary boost didn't come anywhere near matching that, mostly because they seem to ban overtime for months afterwards to make up the cost of the pay rise. 

A 1.50 box of biscuits doesn't match a 300 quid bonus.

lucgeo

At one time, any bonus or perks was sent through by internal mail and had to be signed for.
Still got my millennium pen that had to be signed for!

The Tesco management culture now is pure greed and nepotism. There are some fair and honest older managers still about who were trained well and hold the core values.

No one in my old store of over 300 staff got the £5 gift card, they were received into the  store and never distributed out to anyone! The store manager was witnessed on many occasions using vouchers in the Costa though :-X

Over 60k salary and still a money grabbing barstool  >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

perhaps they are feeling guilty for delaying paying us the living wage,that's why we ar getting a bonus!

rupert7

we might be getting the Bonus payments, but it will be taxed so my £309.will be come £220, but its better the nothing at all, :thumbup:

londoner83

Exactly it's something no one was expecting....

oldfashionedplayer

It's what, like £1 extra  thry want to pay us in the deal, so the bonus for a full time is £309.44 and the basis of 36.5 x 4 is £146 so half of what we should of gotten as a pay increase? If my math aint as bad  8-)

Itsthatlad

Managers just been told they're getting 5% bonus. Payrise still pending  and hourly get 1.5%

Studentlife

One store manager has stated it's a 45% bonus for them. Wow.wow. wow. Most are lazy bullies misogynistic and out of touch. Don't even talk to the staff that earn it for them.  >:D  >:D

Managers get 5% this year going up to a possible 10% next yr.
Lead team up to 20% next yr.

oldfashionedplayer

so they hit full target then, from the guide on the site the maximum bonus opportunity for WL3 and above, like Store Managers, Distribution / Fulfilment etc is 45% of their Salary... so if they get like what? call it 35k maybe as a median, thats 15k  :-X

full time colleague is like £300, manager is what £1100-1500? bit ridiculous to be honest, wonder how many millions for the higher

Call me

Millennium silver pen still in packaging for sale open to offers lol

barafear

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 11-04-24, 06:20PMso they hit full target then, from the guide on the site the maximum bonus opportunity for WL3 and above, like Store Managers, Distribution / Fulfilment etc is 45% of their Salary... so if they get like what? call it 35k maybe as a median, thats 15k  :-X

full time colleague is like £300, manager is what £1100-1500? bit ridiculous to be honest, wonder how many millions for the higher
The problem with all of this is that senior management will always claim that their "base salary" is "low" - and the incentive to be successful is the "high" bonus available for said success.

It will be interesting to see what Ken's total package will be worth - think last year it was £4.8m? From memory - so expecting nearer to £6m?

oldfashionedplayer

oh too right the post itself is riddled with managers saying they should get the 5% + the 1.5% colleagues got cause they missed out previous years... the 5% they get 3.5x more money than a colleague is getting already at the least so ridiculous for it considering many claim they are just doing the GA job now but have to answer some calls...

nights at ours spend all their time filling.. they pass off any meetings etc to the 6am crew or get dayshift managers to do it as a late instead... so its ridiculous to say the least from that aspect.

but your not wrong probably another £6m or something and claim its "not much"

londoner83

Regarding management bonuses - you have to remember that at team manager level the differential between Colleague pay and manager pay has been steadily closing as Colleagues (via minimum wage changes) have seen fairly big pay % rises whilst managers have had a lower %.

For whatever reason SATA (the management part of USDAW) haven't negotiated away the yearly bonus, like they have with colleagues.

Cinderella

I saw in the news that we are supposed to be getting a bonus - but nothing announced in my store yet. We got left out of any Christmas bonuses, but hopefully this one will be announced soon!

madness

Quote from: Studentlife on 11-04-24, 05:32PMOne store manager has stated it's a 45% bonus for them. Wow.wow. wow. Most are lazy bullies misogynistic and out of touch. Don't even talk to the staff that earn it for them.  >:D  >:D

Managers get 5% this year going up to a possible 10% next yr.
Lead team up to 20% next yr.
Become a store manager and see the c**p and responsibility you have to deal with. Not saying there arn't c**p ones out there but its a job I could do but would i hell want.

Babs

It's not really a bonus is it!
It's basically the difference in what they've saved by not giving us the pay increase before April,
The way I see it, is it's back dated pay, but they call it a bonus... as it makes the company look good!

1982dave

Quote from: Babs on 16-04-24, 12:11PMIt's not really a bonus is it!
It's basically the difference in what they've saved by not giving us the pay increase before April,
The way I see it, is it's back dated pay, but they call it a bonus... as it makes the company look good!
agreed 100% it's shocking

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk