News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 09:18AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 430
Total: 433

Driver hours

Started by ConfusedDriver, 20-09-21, 01:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigger

Quote from: hesketh on 07-11-21, 03:26PM
Not sure exactly but I believe it's around £13ph

You get overtime at t+1/2 and unsociable hours for nights and weekends. Hopefully Rigger will chip in with the correct figures, but I am also on the "old contract".

The mix of old/new contract drivers is close to 50/50 now so keep asking drivers at your store, there will be a "new" guy along soon...

The job is relatively easy (once you get used to driving HGVs) and you can easily earn £40-£50k with reasonable overtime.

Sorry, I don't know the rates for Hinckley, DC I'm at pays more than £13,  rates do vary from DC to DC so as you mentioned, his best bet is to try & speak to a new contract driver.

Night rate, 10pm to 6am is time +25%, weekend is time + 33% & OT is time + 50%, them rates are across the board, it's just hourly rate that varys

Mangomuncher

I am also on an apprenticeship for hgv at Hinckley. I have spoke to a few drivers who deliver and I believe the pay WAS £12.82 for the new contracts at Hinckley. I am pretty sure they recently had a 6% pay rise, which would take the hourly pay to £13.58 if that's all correct.

As mentioned you get time half for ot after 42.5 hours and weekend / night pay as well.
Think the weekend pay is saturday AND sunday?

I am really looking forward to it.... i know it wont be an easy job but i also know will be a lot easier and rewarding than what I currently do in stores.

The drivers all seem lovely from Hinckley as well. Even the agency ones who I know sometimes have a a bit of (completely understandable from how they are treated) attitude ... they also are generally really nice from Hinckley.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk