News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:03PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 270
Total: 273

Pay dates?

Started by Unknown, 14-11-20, 08:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown

Hello. Can anyone tell me please what the dates are from for when we get paid? Like from what date to what is the cut off date? Also is overtime in them same dates? Thanks

whatajoke2019

Hello,

I'm going by what's shown on my new Work & Pay slip but will assume it's the same for non Work & Pay Colleagues:

Contracted hours are from 18th October to 14th November
Absences from 18th October to 14th November which have been authorised on or before 10th November
And any overtime, temporary adjustments or unplanned absences from the 11th October to 7th November.

ReliefCashier

My understanding now is that we got paid yesterday and cut off was the Saturday before the Friday pay date? (Prev it was the Thursday before payday) then any contracted shifts we have in between Saturday cut off date and today was paid yesterday, and any over time that was done will be in next months pay? So if today is my contracted shift and today’s shift has been included in yesterday’s pay, say if I was off sick today, I will have been paid for the shift (yesterday) but next months pay it will be adjusted and the pay changed to sick pay or whatever method is to be used? Very confusing saying the pay period includes not only days after the cut off date but the day after pay day! 😂 Classic Tesco! I have raised questions with managers today and no one understands this new system and I’m told it will work itself out and in the mean time I’m supposed to be happy with being underpaid 🙃

whatajoke2019

With Work & Pay you are paid until the first Saturday after pay day i.e. today.

If you happened to phone in sick they'd code it on the system and you'd seen an adjustment in next month's pay (December 11th).

The Tesco week runs Sunday to Saturday which is why they've gone along with the same on Work & Pay I'd imagine.

Yes, it's a new system, and it's going to take some time getting used to it after HRAM2 but so long as the right people ( :D) do what they are meant to e.g. request overtime, allocate overtime, put absences in the tablet etc then it won't result in us mere mortals being expected to being happy with underpayments  ???

Quote from: ReliefCashier on 14-11-20, 10:40PM
My understanding now is that we got paid yesterday and cut off was the Saturday before the Friday pay date? (Prev it was the Thursday before payday) then any contracted shifts we have in between Saturday cut off date and today was paid yesterday, and any over time that was done will be in next months pay? So if today is my contracted shift and today’s shift has been included in yesterday’s pay, say if I was off sick today, I will have been paid for the shift (yesterday) but next months pay it will be adjusted and the pay changed to sick pay or whatever method is to be used? Very confusing saying the pay period includes not only days after the cut off date but the day after pay day! 😂 Classic Tesco! I have raised questions with managers today and no one understands this new system and I’m told it will work itself out and in the mean time I’m supposed to be happy with being underpaid 🙃

Colleagues have always been paid basic pay up to and including the day/Saturday after pay day.

ratty1702

Hey, sorry... I know this isn't the right place to post this... but how do I actually create a new forum post?

Literally just signed up and can't see how to make a post...  :)

[gmod=gomezz]You need to be a VLH supporter to make new topics: https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=6651.0[/gmod]

Mumtotwo88

Is the standard wage £9.30? I've just started an in our induction was told ££9.30 but have been paid £8.72 an hour. Can anyone clarify? Thanks

Mumtotwo88

New starters get £8.72 per hour which increases to £9.30 after 3 months.

notsofunny

Do those in Main store get location pay ? 

NightAndDay

Doesn't matter what type of store, just location, as long as it's not a subsidiary company (So not a Jacks, One Stop or Booker chain) they'll either get the home counties rate or the inner M25 rate.

flowerpower

A new festive has started are still getting discount card .

flowerpower

All colleagues whether permanent or temporary qualify for a staff discount card after 3 months service. Why should a temporary colleague be treated differently?

matt62775

can anyone help me with the cut off dates for contracted and overtime shifts for the pay day just gone?

thanks!
[admin] See pay dates(link) on right of home page.[/admin]

Guidance

Could someone tell me how overtime pay works? I have read posts where people say that it is paid the next month?

I am just slightly concerned as I am a temp worker and have done a lot of overtime over the last two weeks. This week I will be doing 40 hours.

My manager asks me often at the last minute and I am worried it will not be in the system. I do of course sign in and sign out but I am not sure if this is enough. As they do literally ask me the day before, so surely that would not be in the system?

How does this work? And when will I be paid the overtime?

NightAndDay

Overtime and contracted hours are paid in the same pay period, if it's on the cut off it will be in your upcoming payslip.

Guidance

Thank you, that’s reassuring!

Cbatt566

Hi, I’ve been here now 3 months and it falls part way through the 4 week pay period would my rate of pay just automatically increase?? I don’t need to go through anything formal?

Cbatt566

You don't need to do anything. Established pay is changed automatically.

Don't make the assumption that all your pay should be at the new rate though. It will only apply from the exact date of the change.

Nomad

Guidance, if you don't already, you & everybody else are advised to keep a record of your hours worked, perhaps in a small notebook.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Indeed Nomad, not just within Tesco but advice I was given when first entering the workforce many years ago was to keep a record of the hours and overtime you do, comes in useful in the event of a query or dispute.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

DrunkenKong

[admin]Please only ask the same question in one topic.[/admin]

Cbatt566

Hi, I've just rejoined Tesco. I worked this Sunday my first contracted shift- I understand the next pay day is this coming Friday will I be paid for this then?

[gmod]Click paydates icon on top right of home page.[/gmod]

Cbatt566

Mod: where is this I can't find it....

[admin]Home page (you don't even need to be logged in) on right near to the top 'Happy Days' box, click notepad icon to the right of Pay dates.[/admin]

Cbatt566

Any idea how we get payslip access? My store is work and pay but i only work one day a week and never see my line manager

madness

Our tesco -->   work and pay  ---> my payslip. Assuming you have your   john.smith@tesco.com  login details.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk